• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien jelly donut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
What a silly analogy is the substance isn't jelly-like. If it's rock-like I'd call it more of a target.

More Manganese = potential life related stuff:

Smythe studies the biogeochemistry and microbiology of Mn depositing hot springs to characterize a possibly ancient group of microorganisms and geochemical processes that may have occurred in early Earth environments. Manganese was a critical element in primitive metabolic processes and a key metal as the Earth transitioned from its early anoxic atmosphere to the our present oxic one.

Studies of the geomicrobiology of Mn oxide depositing hot springs will add an important component to the scientific understanding of the overall diversity of these extreme habitats and provide new insights into the role Mn-oxidizing and -reducing microorganisms contribute to Mn oxide mineral formation and preservation.

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/centers-institutes/environmental-health/news/nsf-ddig-grant.cfm

terrisus

dunkin-donuts.jpg

What the heck scientists. There's a Dunkin' Donuts every 3 minutes around here.
You didn't need to waste millions of dollars sending a rover to Mars to get them.

Protein

Banned
I say we pick it up, pop it in a jar, and haul its ass back home.

Soon after it will dissolve into dust and ominously mutter You will all die..

akira28

So who's laying these eggs?

I'm not sure. It must be something we haven't seen yet.

probably an alien insectoid queen hiding out in that "smoking hole".
Either that or an alien finally had some pity on us, driving around in circles on Mars, and threw us a jelly doughnut.

Mike M

Nick N
Well.. to think we're the only form of live in the universe is kinda naive.
The gulf between correctly parsing a description of a rock involving a comparison to a pastry and insisting that we're the only form of life in the universe is... Considerable.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That thread title change.

So simple.

So perfect.

So many tears. Can't stop laughing.

Zophar

Liquid metal is a little different from jelly, no?

If this subtance is gooish, I'm calling it: it is or was alive

Drop the temperature to -30 celsius and mix in some environmental detritus and you've got something you could call "gooey".

Parch

It's probably a part of the rover that fell off.
Most logical.
Could even be some of the abandoned, crashed, space junk getting blown around.

Sorry for not having a more witty or panic filled response. I got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom