• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't you like first person shooters?

Why don't you like FPS games?

• I hate the camera.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I game using a controller mainly and the FPSs i tried played horribly with one.

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • I just don't like western devs in general (and by extension FPSs since most of them are western)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I associate specific subtypes of FPSs i dislike (military, retro, etc) with FPS games in general

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I played very few to none of them, and just can't bring myself to try

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Some other reason

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • I like them but i want to vote the poll

Votes: 114 65.1%

• Total voters

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Its my favourite genre overall, allthough the later fps dont have the same charm, last 1 to realy get me was Doom 2016, Eternal was good but not quite there.

Humdinger

They just get tiring after a while. The gameplay, I mean. bang bang shoot shoot, how many times can you do that before it gets old.

phant0m

I do.

IMO we’re just currently in a poor period for the genre.

We peaked in this time period:

Halo 3 2007
MW 2007
MW2 2009
Halo Reach 2010
Battlefield 3 2011

Haven’t touched the quality of any of those games since.

Apex Legends good concept but I don’t like BR games. Titanfall I didn’t like the bots, mechs or low population. CoD has never been better than those 2 games since and Battlefield is a joke now.

Not true. Doom 16 + Eternal were excellent as were the Wolfenstein games.

And while COD deserves your ire overall MW 2018 was actually really solid.

They just get tiring after a while. The gameplay, I mean. bang bang shoot shoot, how many times can you do that before it gets old.

Been bang shootin’ for almost 30 years now, still not old. First games were Doom, Chex Quest, Duke3D (shareware of course), Dark Forces.

Last edited:

Hudo

I like them when they're more on the arcade-y side of things. Like Doom, Quake or Titanfall 2. Although I also like(d) Halo because Bungie just know how to make shooting things just feel good.

Top Bottom