• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why aren't Bidets more widespread in the West?

Alfen Dave

Bidets or any Ass-washing service.
2064401295-cadet-bidet.png

Honestly, not washing your butthole with water after a quick visit to the stinkwell..it's kinda nasty isn't it?

Dropped some shit bomb just recently, nothing too dramatic in itself, however, this time, after a few dry wipe with the toilet paper, I took the imitative to get in the tub, crouch and wash the intimate parts using some running water. It was a bit awkward using reaching for the soap and all but, nonetheless, after drying it all up with a towel, I feeling way cleaner and tidier than when I only use the paper..
Paper which by the way is neither that efficient, ecologic nor economic on the long run (same goes for wet wipes).

On this particular habit, I'm gonna say that south Europeans, North Africans and Asian Countries who do use ass cleaning utilities installed in their homes are way superior than us, hygiene wise.

If you had mud on your drive way , would you clean it with a water or would you spread the damn mess with some newspaper?
No but honestly, if it's to spread it, might as well clean our ass with a paint brush.

Gaf Butthole Expert, please, what is you revered opinion on this.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Hmm, maybe I shan't respond, lest I be labelled a Butthole Expert...

Bidets sound nice. Just wiping with toilet paper seems like an odd sense of hygiene.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, maybe I shan't respond, lest I be labelled a Butthole Expert...

Bidets sound nice. Just wiping with toilet paper seems like an odd sense of hygiene.

Husky
Butthole Expert

Dontero

Banned
Bidet gives you false sense of security that your ass is clean.
Your ass will get either way sweaty in next 5 minutes (even if you don't feel it) and poop particles will go down your ass faster than on dry ass.

If you are this anal it is better to ask why you don't clean your asshole with this everytime you go take a dump:

5ad8ba14972233378892240c-large.jpg

Because it is only way in which poops will not get stored before end of your ass leaking all of those particles away down your ass at least for few hours.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I’m ok wiping with wet toilet paper to tide me over until my daily shower.

However if I ever have a significant other who isn’t shy about eating my asshole, I will definitely install a bidet in my toilet to encourage her.

DavidGzz

For 38 years toilet paper has done the trick. Low fat and high carb(fiber hnnnng) diet ensures no smearing(ghost shits on the reg) . Also, never experienced an ass eating. Feelsbadmayne.

Papa

Banned

Menelaus eh. I searched his post history and couldn't see anything dodgy. EviLore EviLore worth looking into?

You saying people wouldn't wipe their ass after using a bidet unless it is with their undies?

Toilet paper with the occasional wet wipe is good enough for me.

yeah, thats what im saying.

even if you use a sheet to dab at the end, you're still making less money than forcing people to burn through tp rolls to clean up the mess.

petran79

Banned
I carry a small plastic bottle of water in case I am out and need a dump. Just have it marked so as not to confuse it with a drinking bottle.

Once I mistakenly wasted a bottle of alcohol that way and I wondered why my ass felt burned!

Raziel

if i were to hose shit off the driveway, i would stand a further distance away than ass to bidet to avoid shit-water splatter/run-off.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Wiping your ass with toilet paper is like dipping your hand in bbq sauce, then wiping it off your shirt. Wash your assholes, then you might get away with wearing your underwear more than two days :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Breakage

Yeah, I don't understand how people in the civilised Western world angrily defend not washing themselves properly after a bowel movement. I've made this point before but I'll make it again: if you had poop in other crevice on your body – let's say your armpit – you would not simply wipe it away with tissue and be done with it. You would wipe it and then wash the area with soap and hot water. And you would do that because it sanitises the area and makes you feel clean.
Your butt is a part of your body so why is it any different?

When you just wipe with tissue, you're only removing the residual poop. You are not sanitising anything or getting rid of that smell. The only way to do that is with some kind of soap and hot water from a high pressure source – like a shower. The bidet isn't even sufficient in my opinion, because it's just a stream of water.

Last edited:

Pidull

I have no bidet and wish I did.

We clearly need some government regulations for the sake of buttholes everywhere. Simple requirement for all new toilets to include it in order to reduce paper waste, and over 20+ years nearly all old models would disappear.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
We want to get one of the crazy toilet seat attachments with heater, autoclose, deodorizer, and bidet.... but we don't have a power outlet near our existing crapper.

Top Bottom