• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Americans, please consider buying a bidet this Christmas.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
$35 on Amazon.

Thirty five dollars that will change your life. Hate to break it to you, but wiping will not clean your anus. The bidet provides the moisture and even a little pressure needed to clean the area. It also saves money on toilet paper since you'll use less than you otherwise would. And of course save you tons from having to buy "flushable" wet wipes.

Common misconceptions:

- The water is too cold especially in the winter. Not really. Its room temperature like your toilet. Same water source.
- The pressure is too high. Nope. You can easily adjust it so only a light stream comes out. Doesn't hurt a single bit.
- Hard to install. You can install a bidet in 30 minutes or less. You just connect a T to your toilet's water hose, and screw the bidet in between your toilet seat & the toilet itself.

We won't move to the metric system. We won't move to celsius. But dammit I'm telling you guys the foreigners have it right when it comes to bidets. Make the transition.

FunkMiller

Everyone in Europe looking at you calling that a bidet.

giphy.gif

Riven326

Banned
$35 on Amazon.
Thirty five dollars that will change your life. Hate to break it to you, but wiping will not clean your anus. The bidet provides the moisture and even a little pressure needed to clean the area. It also saves money on toilet paper since you'll use less than you otherwise would. And of course save you tons from having to buy "flushable" wet wipes.

Common misconceptions:

- The water is too cold especially in the winter. Not really. Its room temperature like your toilet. Same water source.
- The pressure is too high. Nope. You can easily adjust it so only a light stream comes out. Doesn't hurt a single bit.
- Hard to install. You can install a bidet in 30 minutes or less. You just connect a T to your toilet's water hose, and screw the bidet in between your toilet seat & the toilet itself.

We won't move to the metric system. We won't move to celsius. But dammit I'm telling you guys the foreigners have it right when it comes to bidets. Make the transition.
tenor.gif

amc

But seriously, if you're worried about just using dry toilet paper then just finish with a flushable wet wipe. Lovely clean bum and none of this French water jet anal intrusion nonsense.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I want the full on Japanese experience. Heated seat, lid that opens up automatically when you go in the bathroom, heated bidet water, little jingle that plays as white noise...in the meantime I'll just keep downing large amounts of coffee in the morning so I can empty out before my shower.

levyjl1988

Banned
No need for a bidet. Here's an alternative method.

1. Fill tabo with water.
2. Shit.
3. Put on gloves.

TP4oLKU.jpg

4. Wipe until all the brown is gone with toilet paper.
5. Put liquid soap on gloves.
6. Pour Tabo while washing your ass.

OJY9TGf.jpg

7. Throw away disposable gloves.
8. Dry ass with towel.
9. Wash hands.
10. Enjoy clean ass.

No need for a bidet or the need to do it the white people way.

White people way of shitting is shit, wipe until there is no brown and walk away. White people way is disgusting.

DESTROYA

No need for a bidet. Here's an alternative method.

1. Fill tabo with water.
2. Shit.
3. Put on gloves.

TP4oLKU.jpg

4. Wipe until all the brown is gone with toilet paper.
5. Put liquid soap on gloves.
6. Pour Tabo while washing your ass.

OJY9TGf.jpg

7. Throw away disposable gloves.
8. Dry ass with towel.
9. Wash hands.
10. Enjoy clean ass.

No need for a bidet or the need to do it the white people way.

White people way of shitting is shit, wipe until there is no brown and walk away. White people way is disgusting.
By the time you do all those steps you probably have to take another shit

Punished Miku

Gold Member
do they have heated ones? No way would i want to get sprayed with cold water.
You can get the super nice ones with everything. Same as the Japanese toilets. Personally, I think it's way more worth it to just get a nice one. They had black Friday deals.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
The kind of water pressure required to clean things would destroy your butthole. That's why you need detergent and friction, which is exactly what you get with a wet wipe. Bidets only provide a light rinse. Like if you had poo on your hand, would you just give it a little rinse? Or would go for a wipe that allows you actually remove everything and cleans with detergent?

DavidGzz

I take a shower before the wife eats my ass, no need to get unpleasantly squirted twice a day.

Last edited:

DrJohnGalt

Banned
I bought one a few years ago wish I would have done it sooner. It took me about 10 minutes to install (and I'm not only lazy, I'm an idiot when it comes to home improvement stuff). The water is a bit cold, but it's cold in a pleasant way, like a nice walk on a fall morning. My only complaint is having to wait a few extra minutes to drip dry. But hey, when all the crying luddites were begging for toilet paper earlier this year I laughed so hard I cried. Then dried my tears with my last roll of shit tickets while they watched.

Tschumi

I also thought you were talking about the porcelain half toilets. 30 minute installation laawl..

I have a Japanese bidet hose in my toilet.. i hate it, because it makes the first few wipes of tp sodden and, just, nasty.

I have a toto bidet, completely worth it. Has a warm water function and seat warmer. Can't imagine not having it. Seriously, if you can spend the money it's well worth it. The most basic model is good enough to me. I used them in Japan, and going back to a traditional way is just impossible. I hate not having a bidet. It just feels like I am not clean.

Last edited:
Top Bottom