• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Released Game is The King of Graphics?

WELL?

• Total voters

ZehDon

Gold Member
It's been Cyberpunk 2077 since its release, and it'll remain Cyberpunk 2077 for quite a while, I'd wager.

RDR2 is the only other game on that level, but - thanks to CP2077's path tracing update - even Rockstar's technical showcase is slipping further behind.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
It's been Cyberpunk 2077 since its release, and it'll remain Cyberpunk 2077 for quite a while, I'd wager.

RDR2 is the only other game on that level, but - thanks to CP2077's path tracing update - even Rockstar's technical showcase is slipping further behind.
1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

Zathalus

Cyberpunk Overdrive is clearly the best (looks even better with some extra graphical and texture mods).

Horizon Forbidden West is second. Followed by Flight Sim.

Other good mentions:

Forza Horizon 5 (PC of course)
Ratchet & Clank
Witcher 3 PC version again)
RDR2 (Still amazing 4 years later)
The Last of Us Part 1
Cyberpunk with path tracing.

Then forbidden west.

Then flight sim on PC pre console release prep patch.
The graphical issues were addressed in a patch if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

GHG

The graphical issues were addressed in a patch if I recall correctly.

Nope, the fucked up clouds are still an issue to this day.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611961-pixelated-clouds-again/

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/...clouds-are-back-starting-with-1-14-5-0/375977

The developers have noted that under certain conditions (very dense, thick clouds, dark and stormy, your graphics settings, etc. the chance for some pixelation is increased. It is not prioritized to be fixed at this time. Thank you!

Note - This issue is in the Resolved section but it is not “fixed” - I have moved it here as it is closed as not a priority at this time so other items can make it onto the feedback snapshot.

Gotta love "optimisation" sometimes. It's especially apparent in VR.

Last edited:

PeteBull

GoW Ragnarok with .8% votes

Wtf happened to Sony Santa Monica?
They themselfs admited priority was to give best possible experience for ps4 owners, game on ps5 looks amazing but like amazing crossgen game, its very visible, once they make ps5 only next GoW or other IP we can expect something crazy, who knows, maybe even close to matrix demo in quality.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You're in for a shock in the not too distant future lol
😂 The game already looks that good

Burning Shores is a upgrade but those clips aren't unattainable after what we got in Forbidden West

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I just meant if he thinks were at CGI levels now wait until the gen proper kicks off without cross gen

Yeah, that's the amazing thing. Basically everything shown at that recent Unreal event looks better than anything already released, including path traced Cyberpunk.

Well, better on YouTube anyway. Matrix looked great there, but shit on a big tv. But I think that's mostly just because of the stupid "filmic" presentation. Well, and the 30fps. Anyway, seems like Pro consoles are coming so I should be able to get the best of both.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Horizon forbidden west or flight simulator.

I still have to play path-traced cyberpunk but from what i saw from pics and videos, the path-thing is very noticeable sometimes, and sometimes you barely notice the difference, and if i have to turn down settings, res and framerate to run it decently i don't know if it's really worthy (i guess it is for many people)

Horizon-Forbidden-West-20220217152030.jpg

horizonforbiddenwest_ncj8y.png

horizonforbiddenwest_tukuc.png

horizonforbiddenwest_5wjnh.png

horizonforbiddenwest_iqjrw.png

You know you have something big in your hands when i don't even need to post the best thing about the game (charas and dinos) to make a point about the game looking incredible.

Last edited:

64bitbros

Cyberpunk Path traced is the best lit game for sure. When it stands still. But "graphics" is more than just lighting. Even in the DF video you see pedestrians and traffic do all sorts of weird shit. "King of Graphics" should be more than this.

So i'll give it to Horizon Forbidden West or The Last of Us Part 2. But Burning Shores will probably take it in a few days.

GymWolf

Ahhh ok I agree then. I think Spider-man 2 will be the next 'next gen' looking game
I think horizon has the advantage of having a different location altogether and people can prefer natural environment over city environment, but city vs city? I'm not sure if spidey is gonna beat a path-traced city...

Maybe they are gonna have better character rendering...

Hunnybun

Cyberpunk Path traced is the best lit game for sure. When it stands still. But "graphics" is more than just lighting. Even in the DF video you see pedestrians and traffic do all sorts of weird shit. "King of Graphics" should be more than this.

So i'll give it to Horizon Forbidden West or The Last of Us Part 2. But Burning Shores will probably take it in a few days.

Yeah, it's always been an ugly game, in my opinion. I hate the art style, and the character models are often laughably bad. The path tracing is spectacular, though.

Personally I prefer the look of stuff like HFW, RE4, Ratchet, Callisto Protocol etc. And any of those Unreal 5 demos completely blow it out of the water.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think horizon has the advantage of having a different location altogether and people can prefer natural environment over city environment, but city vs city? I'm not sure if spidey is gonna beat a path-traced city...

Maybe they are gonna have better character rendering...
I can see Spider-man 2's city still looking like a step above cross-gen even though it won't be path-traced like Cyberpunk and yeah I think the character rendering will also be a step above what we currently have

sleipnir

Neo Member
I know on a tech level it doesn't compete for the most part, certainly in terms of characters, but I really love AC Valhalla for an open world. It's a mixed bag, but it does have lots of wow moments when everything comes together. I've gone from AC-V to Horizon FW and feel the environment sometimes looks worse in certain areas with Horizon, particularly vegetation. I don't think I could choose a king, as so many titles do something good, whether it's geometric detail, or lighting, or models, or just amazing art.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I guess it depends on what you mean. Because if itis just about pure tech and most realistic looking graphics possible then I'd go for Microsoft Flight Simulator. But when it comes to beefy graphics combined with visual spectacle and flair, then I'd go for games like Horizon: FW, God of War Ragnarok, Cyberpunk, and Ratchet & Clank. With honorable mention going to Star Wars Battlefront 2 because it's still the best looking SW game around and it's doubly impressive considering that it's 6 years old now.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
"Represent(ative) of bad opinions"

Some tags are given, others are earned.
Bunch of cutscenes! he says,

An argument straight out of 2010.

They are real time cutscenes, they count as “graphics”. It’s not like they are cgi. The game looks like that.

But sure, gameplay. What a huge difference .. lol

ZehDon

Gold Member
Bunch of cutscenes! he says,

An argument straight out of 2010.

They are real time cutscenes, they count as “graphics”. It’s not like they are cgi. The game looks like that....
No, not really. If the game "looked like that", you would've posted gameplay captures instead of cinematics. Between gameplay and cinematic, developers swap out shaders, post processing effecting, lighting models, animations, character models, and textures. That's why the cinematics "look like that". Just like the old "real-time demoes", cinematics in most of today's games look quite a bit better than the actual game.
But sure, gameplay. What a huge difference .. lol

I mean, yeah, there is a pretty obvious difference, especially in terms of lighting and animations.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

My pick is Horizon just because everyone can play it, Cyberpunk RT Overdrive less then 5% of gamers can play on that mode right now ( just look at steam average GPU )

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Cyberpunk for city environment, cars, etc... Also, main story NPCs are well done.

However vanilla NPCs walk and animate terribly. It's just plain bad.

Ogbert

Horizon.

But it’s important to note that the graphical quality is inversely proportional to the quality of gameplay.

ahtlas7

I can only pick from the games I’ve experienced so the crown goes to Hogwarts. The level of detail, texture, lighting all running smoothly is very satisfying.

Moochi

Hogwart's on PC with max settings is indeed very pretty. Lots of flashy colory magic particle effects too. Why do the cat models look so bad though...

Top Bottom