• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Amir0x said:
I'm not ashamed. It's who I was, it was a stage in my life. I know why I was the weight I was and worked to fix it.

url]

I never thank you but I saw your post on the before/after loosing weight thread and it was inspirational at the time (off course all the others too) for me to start my process of loosing weight too. As of today 336 pounds to 229 and still loosing (my goal is 207-209) So, thank you.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Trojita said:
:O

One of the things I have noticed about Neogaf mods is that even if you argue with them they won't ban you like some powertripping forums. That is unless you are saying something inflammatory or untrue which you deserve to get banned.

Don't know about that. Banned twice by a mod who is no longer here because I stated I didn't like the final dungeon in FFIII (the second time in a thread designated "games you hate"). Wasn't trolling at all - people in the first FF-III-specific thread actually wondered why I'd been banned. Don't really know why she adored that game so much (that final dungeon really does suck due to its lack of save points) or why my stating of my opinion ticked her off so much. *shrug*

In general I think the modding is pretty fair and the discussions are usually interesting, particularly the industry and sales-age threads and OT threads that are open to critiques as well as praise.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing everyone talk about November birthdays is cool, I'm November 5th. I know a newish user named heyfool has the same birthday but thats all I know of.

xbhaskarx

Jtwo said:
I want to note that my memory embellished this picture ten fold. You know, that's not the most flattering picture, but it is no where near as bad as how I remembered it.

Dude your description... "hilariously nerdy looking dude"? "ridiculous overweight greasy fucking dweeb"? lol

ampere

Amir0x said:
yup. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Amir0x/ChrisAmiSmall.jpg[IMG]

This pic is me at 200lbs. And I'm 180lbs[/QUOTE]
Note the water bottle in the picture

If you want to lose weight, losing the soft drinks is the way to go :D

/lecture

[QUOTE=Corto]As of today 336 pounds to 229 and still loosing (my goal is 207-209) So, thank you.[/QUOTE]
Nice :)

Always stay positive and remember that diet is important

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jtwo said:
Seeing everyone talk about November birthdays is cool, I'm November 5th. I know a newish user named heyfool has the same birthday but thats all I know of.

The Novemeber Mafia is taking over.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mike Works said:
But I'll echo what you said early in this thread, in that you were a kid during GAF's beginning, and so was I. I think you and I are around the same age actually. Breaking the rules and making people laugh back then was the best thing ever, but when you reach your late twenties like I have, you change. I still like to try to crack people up, but I don't think I've been banned in a few years now, whereas in the earlier days, it used to be every few months.
I can completely relate to this, though I never really got banned much.

luxarific said:
Don't know about that. Banned twice by a mod who is no longer here because I stated I didn't like the final dungeon in FFIII (the second time in a thread designated "games you hate"). Wasn't trolling at all - people in the first FF-III-specific thread actually wondered why I'd been banned. Don't really know why she adored that game so much (that final dungeon really does suck due to its lack of save points) or why my stating of my opinion ticked her off so much. *shrug*
Sounds like Dragona. Yeesh.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Grats on the weight loss Amir0x, looking good in that latest pic.

jufonuk said:
November 15 '77 here.. damn I feel old...

Hey, you and I share the same birthday :D.

November-GAF is taking over!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
btw, does anyone remember Matlock?

i'm not sure how he departed, but i remember him being a prevalent poster on GAF a long time ago.

Amir0x

Banned
beast786 said:
the guy on left looks like David letterman brown version.

Haha that's Representative Kanjorski :p

ciaossu said:
Amir0x doesn't really look overweight in that 'older' picture. The suit doesn't fit well, but he explained that. Still, the 'ridiculously overweight dweeb' comments are way harsh :lol

Props to you for losing weight

The black is just slimming me out. I was 275ish in that picture I think.

TheExodu5 said:
Grats.

I really need to get on that. I'm 190lbs, but I'm only 5'8". I have about 40lbs to lose, and I'm having trouble doing just that.

That's not terrible though. I mean it is overweight but it's manageable with a little food watching and exercise. Running is so much fun once you get past the initial few days of "oh god I'm doing activity HEEEELP"

Corto said:
I never thank you but I saw your post on the before/after loosing weight thread and it was inspirational at the time (off course all the others too) for me to start my process of loosing weight too. As of today 336 pounds to 229 and still loosing (my goal is 207-209) So, thank you.

Wow. I am honestly honored that I could be of inspiration for something like that. I don't think now there's any better reason to have done it than for that alone. I am so glad for you man, genuinely.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I was fortunate because my sister helped me with all the details of the diet/exercise regiment, given she's a huge health nut and knew great trainers to help me.

November 3rd re-prrrrrrrrrah-senting

Talking about birthdays and age and such is so weird. I suddenly realise I'm young :lol I've been on forums before now where nowadays I'd be considered slightly older than average. Weird.

Yeah, Amir0x doesn't look that big. Heck, I might look a little bigger but am definitely not 280.

Amir0x, how long did it take you, and what did you do? If you don't mind saying.

OT: Great topic. I always thought of EviLore and the mods as sort of secretive when it comes to certain matters, so it's interesting to see the openness.

xbhaskarx

This thread is in danger of getting too positive / inspirational again...

I'll inject some negativity: I hate people who create "today is my birthday" threads... there are thousands of users on most forums, do you think you're special or should we have a dozen of these threads every day?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Green Scar said:
November 3rd re-prrrrrrrrrah-senting

Talking about birthdays and age and such is so weird. I suddenly realise I'm young :lol I've been on forums before now where nowadays I'd be considered slightly older than average. Weird.
I'm older than you.

That means when you and I meet up, I'll be the one dictating the topic of conversation.

Londa

Banned
samus i am said:
If you don't know where to go our what to do.

pffft tourists :p

I'm talking about that party that is in the picture. I know DC has good spots. Good to know there are gaffers over here.

WanderingWind said:
Holy crap, that's like 9 Novembers so far.

WE ARRREEE THE CHAMMPIOOONSS MY FRIENDS!
November members are best members.
It's just that not everyone realizes it yet. Let enlightenment begin!

Nov. 1st here. I was too eager to wait for the month to begin.

Amir0x

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
Yeah, Amir0x doesn't look that big. Heck, I might look a little bigger but am definitely not 280.

Amir0x, how long did it take you, and what did you do? If you don't mind saying.

Three pronged approach.

1. 30 minutes of tailored exercise each day with 3 days being for an extra hard 1.5 hour-ish workout. Each day we'd work on different muscles, and of course early on tons of cardio.

2. Changed the diet. Water only, I was a big soda drinker before. Now I love water and can barely stand to drink soda. Calories of 1700 per day until I got to a certain goal weight (225lbs), then I changed it up to 2100 calories per day but with more intensive exercise.

3. Lots of support from the family who really engaged me during this time and participated. I would invite my sister over to go running with me a lot, for example. Support is a big part of it.

ConradCervantes said:
Glasses or contacts, Ami? Or both? I need to get an eye exam, and contacts are definitely sounding more and more attractive.

Contacts when I'm going out to clubs or parties, glasses when I'm at work and doing the daily routine. Just regular contacts though - my eyes are naturally hazel.

TheExodu5 said:
Grats.

I really need to get on that. I'm 190lbs, but I'm only 5'8". I have about 40lbs to lose, and I'm having trouble doing just that.

5'8" and 150 will make you look skinny, unless you're shooting for all muscle?

Puddles

Banned
Damn, just read that post by the guy who has been here since 2004 and is still a junior member. That just saps all the hope I have of ever getting my status back.

I'm not even planning to make any threads in the gaming side ever again. It just sucks because I can't make a thread to ask GAF for help if it ever comes to it. This is one of the most versatile and knowledgeable online communities out there. I wish it had been a two month ban or something instead of a demotion.

TheExodu5

Banned
Amir0x said:
Three pronged approach.

1. 30 minutes of tailored exercise each day with 3 days being for an extra hard 1.5 hour-ish workout. Each day we'd work on different muscles, and of course early on tons of cardio.

2. Changed the diet. Water only, I was a big soda drinker before. Now I love water and can barely stand to drink soda. Calories of 1700 per day until I got to a certain goal weight (225lbs), then I changed it up to 2100 calories per day but with more intensive exercise.

Water is such a huge one for me. Too much beer. Too much soda. Iced coffee every day. I could easily cut out 500-1000 calories just switching to water.

Of course, I really should get into running (or at least more biking, since I love biking).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway.... It's clearly not a big deal but I want to take this time and apologize directly to AmirOx for what I said about that photo. Even though I didn't mean any harm initially, it never makes me feel good to talk shit directly to someone. I would probably take something like that a little more personally, and I usually try my best not to offend people because that doesn't get you anywhere.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Amir0x said:
Three pronged approach.

3. Lots of support from the family who really engaged me during this time and participated. I would invite my sister over to go running with me a lot, for example. Support is a big part of it.
gDpOj.gif

People underestimate the power of not drinking soda and just drinking water.

Soda lovers enjoy your kidney stones!

Amir0x

Banned
Void Insanity said:
Got any pic's of you when you were fat that are not of that diseased chicken wing in a table cloth from when you got stomped? It's still hard to believe that the pic I see here was a pudding, there is no evidence that you were ever fat at all in that shot. I was expecting you to look like this after loosing a 1/3rd of your weight.

FatChris01.jpg

FatChris02.jpg

Jtwo said:
It's clearly not a big deal but I want to take this time and apologize directly to AmirOx for what I said about that photo. Even though I didn't mean any harm initially, it never makes me feel good to talk shit directly to someone, I usually try very hard to be nice.

Thanks for the apology. But things like that don't bother me. I am way too satisfied with my life now to care about people saying things about me. Plus you didn't mean it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
CHEEZMO™ said:
Thanks for proving us Northerners are better.

Salutes for Mr. Dibnah!
it's grim where you are so I will let you have that one ;), it's all good :D
EDIT:
plus true story, this is gonna sound weird, but until Morrisons took of safeways I didn't even know they existed...seriously for a time it was like nothing in london, travel up to coventry..what's that?? now it's like morrisons cool

TheExodu5

Banned
evil solrac v3.0 said:
5'8" and 150 will make you look skinny, unless you're shooting for all muscle?

I used to be about 5'8" and 130lbs way back. I had a ton of trouble putting on weight back then. One summer, I worked at Pepsi and did physical exercise for 8 hours a day. I guess that kind of killed my low activity high metabolism, since I put on some muscle but upped my diet considerable. I was 150lbs at the end of that summer which was a very healthy weight for me. Over the next year, I put on 35 lbs resulting in some nasty stretch marks. Haven't lost it since.

I never really noticed the weight gain at first...it kind of crept up on me.

I just need to eat better and get that exercise in there. I don't mind dropping back down to 150lbs and then work on putting on some muscle.

Londa

Banned
Amir0x said:
FatChris01.jpg

FatChris02.jpg

Thanks for the apology. But things like that don't bother me. I am way too satisfied with my life now to care about people saying things about me. Plus you didn't mean it.

last pic was at the mall. (pigeon hell)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Green Scar said:
It's OK, I have my trump-card of how easy it is to mentally remove the hair from a MLP pony and have them bald

try it yourself
1: I don't own any ponies.

2: New pony hair is solid plastic!

AHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom