• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

criesofthepast said:
A few months back EviLore mentioned working with ckohler on an official GAF smartphone app. Is that still happening? Thought I'd ask here since Evil is present.

I didn't know about this, awesome.

blame space said:
i wonder how big i can make my beer belly get

This Def Blame. S

63.gif

Amir0x

Banned
IamMattFox said:
I think I remember watching it. If it had a bench press involved, I definitely remember it.

Possibly a montage?

that is the one sir :D

of course i intentionally played up my slobbiness in the video since that was the point but still it would be hilarious to GAFers

Zeliard

-Eddman- said:
Damn, it's weird to say this, but I would like to use some of your experiences as motivation to gain weight. I'm in the opposite side, I'm way too skinny for my own good but I can't find the time/motivation to eat 5 or 6 times a day and go to the gym.

I would like to see some "I was a bonesack but then I got ripped" stories :)

Protein :p

Esch

Banned
-Eddman- said:
Damn, it's weird to say this, but I would like to use some of your experiences as motivation to gain weight. I'm in the opposite side, I'm way too skinny for my own good but I can't find the time/motivation to eat 5 or 6 times a day and go to the gym.

I would like to see some "I was a bonesack but then I got ripped" stories :)

I know a guy like this. Is lean and ripped but has to eat unbelievable amounts of food a day. Seriously drinks a gallon of whole milk in a single day.

I haven't had posting privileges for very long here, and I've only lurked for about 4 years on and off. I mostly stick to gaming side for some strange reason. I'm only about a quarter of the way through this thread but I have to say - I feel kind of sad that I've missed out on so much here at GAF.

I'd like to think I have Internet-learned a little something today. I have a couple of goals in my time here:

1. Not ignore OT anymore, because it is where the magic happens.

2. Not do/say anything too, too... too stupid.

God help me.

xbhaskarx said:
Fuck that guy, I got my tag defending his game, then I actually played it and it sucked...
I'm disappointed now. I always assumed it was for something much more elaborate.

Also, wow at drinking a gallon of milk a day. Don't get me wrong, I only drink milk and water, but I don't think I could handle a gallon a day, regardless of my activity levels.

edit:
IndieJones said:
I'd like to think I have Internet-learned a little something today. I have a couple of goals in my time here:

God help me.
Best strategy is read/post on both sides, for sure. I was strictly gaming when I started lurking, but once I finally decided to give OT a look it won me over.

Saying stupid stuff is mandatory unless you're shocking alberto. He's incapable of saying stupid things.

jakncoke

Banned
Plywood said:
gDpOj.gif

People underestimate the power of not drinking soda and just drinking water.

Soda lovers enjoy your kidney stones!

I tried to stop, made it to 27 hours and went back. I might attempt sometime again. Dunno.

Nelo Ice said:
so since this is kinda OT as it is what exactly is or was ur diet for the guys who lost weight?

been doing p90x for 2 weeks(currently on 3rd) and have tried to eat better like the usual cut out soda processed foods fast foods etc etc but since i cant cook for shit i keep avoiding anything that needs to be cooked besides w/e my sister makes for dinner lol

also im in the skinny fat mold at 5'6 and 134 lbs last i checked(which was last year lol) id wager i maybe went up a few lbs but since my metablisms weird i never really get fat besides having a gut im currently trying to get rid of

besides the gut though im seeing improvements all around thanks to p90x

I'm 5'7" and 160lbs. I don't see how you find 5'6" and 134lbs as fat

WillyFive

IndieJones said:
I haven't had posting privileges for very long here, and I've only lurked for about 4 years on and off. I mostly stick to gaming side for some strange reason. I'm only about a quarter of the way through this thread but I have to say - I feel kind of sad that I've missed out on so much here at GAF.

God help me.

Plenty of magic happens on Gaming too. The most recent thread on the NeoGAF Archive is from Gaming.

Shouta

Wellington said:
300? wtf. That's insane, we have the same body type.

I met big Amirox back in the day.

I went from 185 to a current 230.

Big thread I'll have to go back through it at some point. What's the IRC server again? I lost it when I formatted recently. :| Was thinking the other day how much I miss #ga

If you put that on as muscle, that'd be pretty scary with your frame, CK.

EviLore said:
Lift heavy (squats and deads are required) and add a gallon of milk per day to your existing diet.
That's a lot of milk. I almost puked thinking about drinking such an amount. Still, if muscle is to be gained, I'm sure I can choke it down.

Amir0x

Banned
lightless_shado said:
Why are you guys talking about your weight? WTF has happened to this thread

this thread is more of a community exercise in togetherness at this point

join in and hold hands

Amir0x said:
this thread is more of a community exercise in togetherness at this point

join in and hold hands

well why not just change the title then?

or better yet, ammend the second half of this thread to that weight loss thread

Zeliard

EviLore said:
Lift heavy (squats and deads are required) and add a gallon of milk per day to your existing diet.

I went a mix of protein + milk with heavy lifts and managed to gain some solid muscle milk. Course I've pretty much lost it all now since I haven't been to the gym in too long, heh. So I'm at the same weight as my peak but sorta saggier. It's not cool, and I feel fairly out of shape in general; but hey, summer time is a good point to get back in the swing of things. :p

Amir0x

Banned
lightless_shado said:
well why not just change the title then?

or better yet, ammend the second half of this thread to that weight loss thread

we did. A Very Happy GAF History Lesson.

Right now we're learning about how GAFers shed the pounds in inspirational circle jerks :)

jakncoke said:
I tried to stop, made it to 27 hours and went back. I might attempt sometime again. Dunno.
My last soda was on May 15. I still need to cut Gatorade out and prepare my meals accordingly, but quitting soda was actually easy this time around.

ampere

EviLore said:
Dammmmn.

I mean, yeah, you'll gain weight, if you can keep in down. I can't handle dairy personally, but I'd specify skim just in case someone tries that

Cyan said:
Shit dawg, you must be a twig! I'm 6'1" and 165-170, and I can see my damn ribs.
I'm pretty thin, not to the point where I look unusual though. I have trouble digesting a lot of foods (gluten, dairy, soy, corn) so if I eat poorly I get sick

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Sweet are we bitching about weight cause I can get down with that.

2 years ago I was 180 without an ounce of fat on me.
Now I'm 29 years old, 220 pounds, and lazy as fuck. I really need to get back into landscaping daily like I used to.
Although for whatever reason I seem to find girls find me more attractive with a little weight on me. 200 seems to be the sweet spot.

Quitting smoking did the most damage. I gained 30 pounds immediately afterwards. I started smoking black and milds 4 months later and dropped 10 pounds immediately.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
EviLore said:
A gallon per day seems like... a lot.
jakncoke said:
It's definitely something you should try and pick up again.

siddx said:
Sweet are we bitching about weight cause I can get down with that.

2 years ago I was 180 without an ounce of fat on me.
Now I'm 29 years old, 220 pounds, and lazy as fuck. I really need to get back into landscaping daily like I used to.
Although for whatever reason I seem to find girls find me more attractive with a little weight on me. 200 seems to be the sweet spot.

You know when I started gaining the weight it was appalling. I only found out a couple of months ago that I suffered from hypothyroidism and that it was the reason I found it exceedingly difficult to lose the weight regardless of changes, so be careful when you notice a huge weight change.

I have the opposite problem of most people, my metabolism is so fast I have to work to keep weight on. Drinking coffee and soda makes it worse too lol.

Az

I'm 5'11 and at about 184 right now. Used to be 220 at my worst, ugh I hate it.

Now I go about 4 days a week to the gym...

Oh and also November 9th fo' laif.

Zeliard

spiderman123 said:
You know when I started gaining the weight it was appalling. I only found out a couple of months ago that I suffered from hypothyroidism and that it was the reason I found it exceedingly difficult to lose the weight regardless of changes, so be careful when you notice a huge weight change.

Well if you were formerly landscaping or whatnot and start living a more sedentary lifestyle, nearing your 30s, you can see those pounds pile on relatively quickly. It's only due to the fact that I still try to eat well despite lack of exercise that it hasn't happened to me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
If you're struggling to cut out soda or other caloric drinks...

Ito-En-Oi-Ocha-Japanese-Green-Tea.jpg

Get some tasty unsweetened green tea, like the Ito En Oi Ocha above.

Devolution said:
I have the opposite problem of most people, my metabolism is so fast I have to work to keep weight on. Drinking coffee and soda makes it worse too lol.
HATE YOU
just kidding!

EviLore said:

I drink the diet Arizona stuff by the jug, which is sweetened with Splenda. Dunno if that "artifical sweeteners trick your body" thing is really a concern or not.

If the alternative is to order imported Japanese drinks from Amazon, then even I'd get off my ass and just brew it myself.

TheExodu5

Banned
EviLore said:

Not a bad idea. I could definitely stock my office with something like that.

Zapages

Trojita said:
You serious? :lol

I have been busy with school, so I have not been able to frequent the forums as before. Although I wish I could create topics on some cool music and on the gaming side. *sigh*

@Evilore, what would you recommend for someone living in US? Is Snapple's green tea any good?

Zeliard said:
Well if you were formerly landscaping or whatnot and start living a more sedentary lifestyle, nearing your 30s, you can see those pounds pile on relatively quickly. It's only due to the fact that I still try to eat well despite lack of exercise that it hasn't happened to me.

My sister is 29 and she won a fitness/bodybuilding competition in Ontario recently. I feel emasculated.

ampere

I love green tea, but it took me some time to get used to drinking it cold. Still prefer hot any time possible

Zapages said:
I have been busy with school, so I have not been able to frequent the forums as before. Although I wish I could create topics on some cool music and on the gaming side. *sigh*

@Evilore, what would you recommend for someone living in US? Is Snapple's green tea any good?
You can find that stuff in the US, notice the Amazon text
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017T2MWW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom