• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2012 Edition

Revolution and that's about it... Why does TV suck so much these days....

Its doesn't......its better than ever in almost every way. So many great shows in so many genres. Of course if you don't have cable and are only watching network TV the quality now is a bit lower than it has been.

ivysaur12

Banned
Its doesn't......its better than ever in almost every way. So many great shows in so many genres. Of course if you don't have cable and are only watching network TV the quality now is a bit lower than it has been.

Network TV has never been better than now. It's just so happens that cable television is producing unquestionably better dramas.

Network TV has never been better than now. It's just so happens that cable television is producing unquestionably better dramas.

lol I suppose its true once I think about it....and there are still a handful of good Network Dramas. <3 The Good Wife.

All the British shows that were posted a few pages back look better than 90% of the crap that is put out in America.

I mean I like quite a few British Shows. Just finished watching season 2 of Dowton Abbey. The breadth of quality really can't compare to the US though imo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
TV Best New Drama Of 2012-2013: TV Critics Share Their Picks

Nashville got a lot of votes, Last Resort also got quite a few (Sepinwall, Mo Ryan, Alyssa Rosenberg, Todd Van Der Werff), and The Following got a bunch too.

TV Best New Comedy Of 2012-2013: TV Critics Share Their Picks

The Mindy Project got a lot of votes, Ben and Kate got a bunch too, and New Normal got a few.

A special shout-out to all of the critics who shared their opinions, in order of appearance: Dan Fienberg from HitFix; Denise Martin from Vulture; Ellen Gray from the Philadelphia Daily News; Matt Roush from TV Guide Magazine; Sarah Rodman from The Boston Globe; Ken Tucker from Entertainment Weekly; Gail Pennington from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch; Jace Lacob from The Daily Beast; Eric Deggans from the Tampa Bay Times; Melanie McFarland from IMDb TV; Alan Sepinwall from HitFix; Todd VanDerWerff from The A.V. Club; HuffPost TV's own Mo Ryan; Alyssa Rosenberg from ThinkProgress.org and Slate; Damian Holbrook from TV Guide Magazine; Meg Masters from TVLine; Carina MacKenzie from Zap2it; Michael O'Connell from THR.com; Jarett Wieselman from ETonline and TheInsider.com; and yours truly, Maggie Furlong

Interesting:
Deadline.com said:
FX Pilot ‘Outlaw Country’ To Air As Movie

More than two years after FX greenlighted Outlaw Country to pilot and almost a year after the network passed on the Nashville-set drama, the pilot is making it to air. Outlaw Country will air as an FX Original Movie this Friday at 10 PM, following a rebroadcast of Oscar-winning mob drama The Departed. There has been no promotion for the broadcast, which is considered a burnoff. The version that will air is the final pilot that was delivered to FX after it ordered script rewrite and reshoots last summer. I hear the pilot came in long, at about hour an a half, making it suitable to air as a movie. This is a rare public broadcast of a busted pilot not developed as a backdoor movie as they normally never see the light of day. Outlaw Country, a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. Outlaw Country was in the same pilot batch as Powers. FX passed on that pilot too but is keeping its prospects alive with a re-write by Charles H. Eglee.

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC's (and later HBO's) Parade's End begins tonight (in an hour) so reviews should be out overnight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

The season premiere of America's Next Top Model: College Edition on CW at 8/7c

The series premiere of Parade's End on BBC2 (US TBA)

Wes

venison crêpe
Parade's End

Very busy opening quarter of an hour but as it began to settle down you could really see the charm on offer in this show. Rather amusing too in places. Interesting to see where this goes. Cumberbatch was effortless in his stoicism, Hall was delightfully despicable and Adelaide Clemens was charming - absolutely one to watch for the future.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Parade's End

Very busy opening quarter of an hour but as it began to settle down you could really see the charm on offer in this show. Rather amusing too in places. Interesting to see where this goes. Cumberbatch was effortless in his stoicism, Hall was delightfully despicable and Adelaide Clemens was charming - absolutely one to watch for the future.

Sounds interesting. I can't wait for HBO to air it the US.

- Teaser for the HBO film "The Girl" coming up in October
We’ve got two Alfred Hitchcock feature films headed our way in the near future, but the first one out of the gate will be HBO’s The Girl. A teaser trailer for the pic has been released, and we get our first look at Toby Jones and Sienna Miller in action as Hitchcock and his The Birds actress Tippi Hedren. Directed by Julian Jarrold, the film examines the legendary director’s obsession with Hedren, and we’ll be seeing a rather unflattering side to Hitch’s personality.

[A Touch of Cloth (Sky1) – Film - Airs: 31st August

This is the one the stood out to me (because it's Charlie Brooker) and it's on tonight!

I love how conventional and unconventional the trailer is at the same time, it looks just like every other police drama, but that's the point. I can imagine loads of people watching this without knowing it's a parody.

rCIZZLE

himym
south park
tbbt
arrow
walking dead
comic book men
community
revolution
amazing race

might check out some other shows depending on reviews.

ivysaur12

Banned
Denise Martin has sold me on Nashville and Hayden Panettiere.

Nashville's pilot is really strong, my only fear is that it'll become unfortunately soapy as the series progresses. A showrunner change doesn't elicit confidence for the few episodes, either.

Wes

venison crêpe
This is the one the stood out to me (because it's Charlie Brooker) and it's on tonight!

I love how conventional and unconventional the trailer is at the same time, it looks just like every other police drama, but that's the point. I can imagine loads of people watching this without knowing it's a parody.

I haven't seen it myself yet but I've heard from friends and family that it is superb.

Gomu Gomu

I haven't seen it myself yet but I've heard from friends and family that it is superb.

Just saw the 1st episode. Absolutely fantastic. It's been forever since I've seen a good parody show. And this one delivered big time.

Returning:
Supernatural
NCIS
Person of Intrest - Well I might watch it, I wasn't really sold on the first season.
Community - wee!

New shows:
Arrow - Probably won't like it.
Revolution - Probably won't like that either.
Copper - This one looks kinda interesting.

I should probably get into some of the series I've not watched for a while. Like Fringe, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Treme.

How I Met Your Mother, religiously. Hopefully this will be the last season, 7 was really stretched out. Might tune into Big Bang Theory if Penny's not being too much of a bitch.

Returning:

Person of Interest
Once Upon a Time
Fringe
Community

American Dad
Family Guy
Bobs Burgers
Cleveland Show

Not really sold on any of the new shows, will probably check out that new sherlock holmes series, but still not decided yet. and there are still a bunch of great shows I never watched like Breaking Bad, so I might prefer those instead, but who knows.

Dragons: Riders of Berk
Revolution
Elementary
666 Park Avenue
American Horror Story
Ancient Aliens
Community
Fringe
Grimm
Homeland
New Girl
Once Upon A Time
Parks and Recreation
Person of Interest
Star Wars The Clone Wars
Suburgatory
The Big Bang Theory
The Office
Touch

Currently watching breaking bad

Will be watching:
Dexter
HIMYM (has gone downhill but I'm hooked in now)

I think that's it? I'm also watching Mad Men and Game of Thrones. I think I made a mistake by jumping into Game of Thrones last month. It seems like it will be going for another 8 years if they ever get a chance to finish it. Would've been better off waiting a few more years.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I am so unbelievably excited for Nashville. Connie Britton is a goddess. This show better earn her some much deserved awards.

Top Bottom