• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats your favorites Nostalgic movies from early 90s to the early 2000s

Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers and Kill Bill vol 1.

I like movies with a lot of world building, ones that get your imagination going to imagine things beyond what we see in the movie itself, that wasn't too popular in the 90s and 00s, which makes these favorites stand out all the more.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Another ABSOLUTE CLASSIC that I don't think has been mentioned.

1l4ntgH.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Speaking of Bruce Willis flicks, I dont care how bad it was panned. Hudson Hawk is a great movie. The entire cast is awesome in it. My fam and I watched it one day renting it and thought it was hilarious. I didn't know till the internet age it turns out it got grilled.

Dont believe the critics. Watch it.

8DdBO3kanPCLEaCY5rILsBoJQJM.jpg

ssringo

Mighty Ducks Hockey GIF by Disney+

AdziVKc.jpg

I won't lie and say it's a great movie but I enjoyed it and has a special place in my nostalgic heart. Had several actors I liked that were in other movies I had watched during that time period: Emilio Estevez, Joss Ackland, Lane Smith and was basically the start of Joshua Jackson's career. In a weird quirk of fate I had started getting into ice hockey a few years prior and was a big fan of Teemu Selanne (also my all time favorite). When the Ducks became an NHL team I of course rooted for them and a few seasons in my man Teemu went to the Ducks and spent most of the rest of his career playing for them including their only Stanley Cup win. Mostly stopped watching when he retired in 2014.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A low budget sci fi movie with Mighty Ducker Emilio Estevez and what?.... Mick Jagger. Got panned. I only saw this on late night TV. I remember liking the cheese and Jagger was awesome.

R.be6f875ac87357f293f528179bbe7c25

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've always loved zombie stuff so Shaun of the Dead and Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake hold really special places in my heart.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Ashley Judd movies from the 90's and 2000's. They were so stupid but at the same time oddly entertaining.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've always loved zombie stuff so Shaun of the Dead and Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake hold really special places in my heart.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Ashley Judd movies from the 90's and 2000's. They were so stupid but at the same time oddly entertaining.
Ashley Judd has always been hot. But Hollywood never played it up. Probably because she didn't do skimpy modelling kinds of things. She was just a naturally good looking woman with a great smile.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another great movie that does that back and forth thing with scenes intertwining.

Dont worry about understanding the movie too much. You'll get an idea of what happened, but if you dont totally understand who cares. Just google the plot.

220px-Memento_poster.jpg

The 80's and 90's really looks like an odd time looking back. Its unbelievable how many great, imaginative and memorable movies were released during those periods. Comparing the state of movies of today is depressing. Like, what the fuck happened? Where did the creative juices go?

Most have been mentioned, but I'll drop a few anyway:

Cool world

Who framed Roger rabbit knock-off, but still memorable on its own. Slightly off-topic, but I'm still waiting for a game developer to attempt at a "real life"-esque world where cartoony and real chararcters coexist and interact.

Se7en

Amazing crime thriller. Apparently, the movie was meant to have an entirely different ending, but Pitt insisted on what came to be.

The Mask

Still saddens me Jim Carrey never reprised his role as The Mask. He was excellent in that movie. A sequel with his return would've been great. Jim is a comedian in his own class, but he seems to have let that part go.

Speaking of Bruce Willis flicks, I dont care how bad it was panned. Hudson Hawk is a great movie. The entire cast is awesome in it. My fam and I watched it one day renting it and thought it was hilarious. I didn't know till the internet age it turns out it got grilled.

Dont believe the critics. Watch it.

8DdBO3kanPCLEaCY5rILsBoJQJM.jpg
Watched it way back then and thought it was very entertaining. Never knew it got poor reviews.

NahaNago

The first movie to pop up in my head was HOOK. I really need to rewatch that movie.

A couple more movies would be Mrs. Doubtfire, fist of legend, black mask, rumble in the bronx, mr. nice guy, and gorgeous. Pretty much almost anything with Robin Williams, Jet Li, and Jackie Chan.

I was big into martial arts movies back then but my guilty pleasures back then was Surf Ninja and 3 Ninjas.

My main would probably be Jurassic Park or Tmnt but that has been mentioned several times already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom