• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Anime-GAF, what are some good recent anime OSTs (Not OP-ED)

Fbh

Yesterday I finally decided to check out Sousou No Freiren since it seems to be extremely popular and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I watched a couple of episodes and found it really enjoyable, I like the premise of the story and the characters are fun. But it was the world and overall vibe which really clicked with me, the animation is nice and many of the backgrounds are amazing, but I think it was the music that really brings it all together and gives it a sort of cozy sense of adventure that made me feel like I could just watch endless episodes of these characters exploring the world.

Went to check out some of the tracks online (from what is available) and I'm really loving the music.
The main theme, as described by one of the top comments on the video, really does feel like a sort of mix of How to Train your Dragon with Lord of the Rings, which are 2 of my favorite movie soundtracks.

Your average RPG would kill to have a main theme like this.

So it got me thinking. What are some other good recent soundtracks you guys would recommend (I say recent se we don't just get a bunch of people mentioning Cowboy Bebop and the likes).
For some reason I'm finding it hard to find much discussion about this online. Google "best anime soundtrack of 2023" and you mostly get endless lists and articles about openings and endings.

I'm also looking forward to the release of the Dungeon Meshi Ost which has been pretty good too (Mitsuda rarely misses)

Top Bottom