• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most wished game for you, any thought process count?

From any kind of perspective next entry, new form of genre combination, dream studio combination, game resurrection, remake, a simulation of Jesus life, simply anything that could fit as the most wished game for you.

Hudo

A new Command & Conquer that continues from Tiberian Sun, where the Earth is on the absolute fucking brink and only spots of somewhat livible conditions left. No aliens (Scrin), just Kane's original vision for humanity (using Tiberium to "ascend" to the next level as a species) and GDI's somewhat futile attempts at finding some way of at least stopping the infestation while also dealing with Nod (which fights a "civil war" amongst itself, because it's fucking Nod). The hinted plot at Cabal = Kane and Kane's clones should be picked up properly. You can also incorporate the moon as a possible new environment for combat.

I loved the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of Tiberian Sun and how the flora and fauna changed and I would love to see how far it can get. You can have the forgotten as a proper third faction (original plans for Tib Sun had already concepts for making them an actual third faction). Where threir mechanic could be to spread Tiberium around the map, instead of harvesting it. Or something like that.

Alternatively, I'd go for a Renegade 2 set during Tiberian Sun, developed by Respawn.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I honestly don't have one at the moment. 2024 is mostly a mystery right now.

I'm expecting Dragon's Dogma 2 to be awesome, but more of a minor revision than initially expected. Just got Starfield so I'm fine for a while until Elder Scrolls 6. Just got a great Zelda. Just got a great Mario.

There's not tons of stuff announced for 2024 really.
  • Hellblade 2: I hated the first one. Going into it with an open mind, but I probably wouldn't be buying it without GP. I hope they improve the gameplay, and the story is at least dark and interesting.
  • Rise of Ronin: Normally this would be #1 for me, but Wo Long was a big let down for me. I'm really going to be looking at footage carefully and reading impressions from trusted sources before figuring out if this is going to be like Nioh level, or Wo Long level.
  • Stellar Blade: Looks great, but still a big mystery what this will actually play like.
  • FFVII-2: I'm just not that into FFVII. It's a huge waste of the best team at SQEX. I will get this eventually, but maybe not until the 3rd one is out honestly.
  • Avowed: Keeping my expectations very low for this one. If the writing and story are great, I'll be happy even if it has some issues.
I think my most anticipated games are all stuff I barely even know about. Hades 2, Ghostbike, Replaced, Plucky Squire, Prince of Persia. Just small stuff really. A new 3D Mario for Switch 2 and Mario Kart 9 would be up top for me, but they're not announced yet so no point going there. I'd like a Soul Calibur 7, or Ninja Gaiden 4 but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Always curious to see what Tango Games is up to next. If Cory Barlog ever makes a new IP, I'm definitely interested in that.

I'm cautiously pretty interested in Banishers: Ghosts of Eden. I think I will probably buy that Feb. 13th.

Last edited:
One of the best moments of my life playing video games was experiencing Shenmue 1 and 2 at the time of their release. The Dreamcast was a very special console, and Shenmue was the pinnacle of that era. I would very much like to play the game that Yu Suzuki had envisioned to conclude the saga. And I would really like to play remakes of the first two games.

I want a Fighters Megamix 2 with Virtua Fighter, Yakuza, Shenmue, Streets of Rage, and Eternal Champions characters developed by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. I expect it to play like Virtua Fighter and have tons of content with no reused assets.

I also want a high fidelity Grand Theft Auto: Vice City remake with postmortem inclusions of involved actors and greatly expanded soundtrack of original release (with at minimum Vice City OST, Vice City Stories OST, and Episodes From Liberty City Vice City FM soundtrack) done by Playground Games.

I can't choose between the two...

Last edited:
Some type of monster raising game similar to Digimon World. It should capture the randomness/unknown of raising something and evolving into another thing based on how you treated it. And for it to be a dream game I feel this needs to have a very high budget.

really excited for xcom3, though i know nothing about it.

loved xcom2 and all the expansions (except chimera squad).

hope they keep the methodical gameplay, the lost (zombies), transport ship loading screen (perfect tone; calm before the storm), base building, destructible cover/buildings, overall atmosphere/art style... basically everything i guess.

Fredrik

Dream games:

Super Metroid 2 - 2D Gameplay, 3D graphics, like Metroid Dread. Physics on everything, control perfection, new enemies, new suit upgrades but some old ones left for nostalgia. Open, no hand holding. Go freely between multiple planets or planet and multiple moons with strikingly different biomes. Minimum 60fps, playable on Steam Deck through official Nintendo launcher.

The Last Ninja 4 - isometric perspective like The Ascent. Open map, no hand-holding. 360-degree twin-stick controls for shuriken, left trigger pulled. Stick based katana action like in the old games, right trigger pulled, right stick for weapon. Swap between weapons with right shoulder button. Pick up things and do non-combat actions with left shoulder button plus right stick.

Gears Tactics 2 - Small squad tactical strike team action, 3 characters. Choose your team. All the cool characters throughout the whole IP history in place. Unique abilities. Meet new characters and change your team throughout the game. Turn-based in action and movement. First person aiming when trying long range difficult shots, Gears active reload-like sync action to make it slightly player skill based. Isometric open map with free realtime movement between combat. Cities and villages with shops and NPC interaction. Skill tree and RPG levelling system. Upgradable weapons.

That’s it for now 🙃

Fredrik

A 2D hand-drawn Mario game without any polygons that is as fun as Super Mario World and has lots of vertical movement/exploring and flying mechanics. No Mario game has even come close to touching that kind of perfection since.
Like Wonder Boy Dragon’s Trap by Lizardcube?
I would love Super Metroid to get that sort of remaster. That would be an 11/10 for me.

SHA

I don't know, the name doesn't matter, but it hasto be something jaw dropping, the closest thing at this moment is Tekken 8 cause it looks more than the tekken we wanted for eons.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Never gonna happen: A good Banjo Threeie

Definitely Gonna happen: Shadows of the Erdtree

Honorable mentions: A good Star Fox game, Paper Mario 3, 3D Mario Open World, Super Mario 64 2, Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario 64 Remake, Spyro 4, Twilight Princess 2, Metal Gear Solid Prequel where you play as Big Boss by Kojima, A real Halo 5 thats good that continues 4s story, A competent retry of Mass Effect Andromeda, Nintendo vs Capcom, SFx Tekken 2.

Last edited:

Rudius

A new classic Need For Speed.

By classic I mean the era from the first up to Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) in 2002:

- Beautiful courses in exotic locations around the world.

- Roster of dream cars like ferraris and lamborghinis.

- No story, no open word, no gambling, just good old racing.

- Possibility to play the entire game in VR.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just want the Darkness ported to ps5 or pc.
And a world in which Duke Nukem Forever released in 2002

Last edited:
Top Bottom