• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: There’s a Lot Riding on GTA 6 — and Not Just for Rockstar and Take-Two - Could be the most important game release Ever

Chechack

Well if its good and people like it then good for them
Me personally only played GTA2 and Chinatown Wars
Never played 3 until 5 and doubt it will ever play 6

Matsuchezz

Console warring
I hope this game will be a PlayStation exclusive for 1 year just to put the final nail in the coffin for Xbox series consoles.
When Xbox fails we all win.

Thaimasker

"will spark “renewed interest” in video games, before going one step further: “There's probably never been a more important thing to ever release in the industry, so no pressure.”"

Sure sure, especially at 30 fps, high input lag on potato dual sticks gunplay.
I can only imagine how you feel about the switch being a massive success

But lol @ this whole topic. Video games are as huge as ever. Yes some games fail and some games are success stories, that's nothing new.
Being down maybe 2% in 1 region after one of the biggest years ever doesn't say much.

StueyDuck

No there isnt. Shut the fuck up IGN you halfwits.

The reason all other studios are fucking up is because of dumb arse decisions and leadership. Operating in the most expensive places in the world and bending the knee to SBI and ESG/DEI scores.

Rockstar doesn't need to "save gaming" dont put that shit on them.
The rest of gaming needs to catch a fucking wake up and soon.

Cyborg

We haven't had a new GTA game in years and the industry was just fine. I do think this will be the first (base)game that is priced above the $/€ 70.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I can only imagine how you feel about the switch being a massive success
af4b582450fbec131787afad5ab2ca49.jpg

What Switch success has anything to do with my post?

Maybe this is bad of me, but I kind of hope this game is woke and bloated and fails and that the entire Western AAA gaming diseased temple comes crashing down. Then something better and more authentic can be built up in its place.

Never liked the idea of GTA games glorifying crime and criminals, anyway.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

No shit. This will be the biggest entertainment release of all time.

The most exciting thing though is the leap will be GTA2 to GTA3 and then some. I remember the awe of playing GTA3 back in the day. 3D world where you can do anything you want off story. No GTA/game has made me feel like that since....

I just want to take a gator in my truck and pop it in the mall/beach area. Then post it all for the in-game/real world connected parody of instagram which the trailer has hinted at I believe.

giphy.gif

Shut0wen

I think its hilarious when developers say this because lets be honest its mostly kids between the ages of 9-15 that will be begging there parents to get a next gen console just to play the new gta, sure theres some sort of potential of getting new customers to buy your shit game, but there are still alot more people thatd get gta to either play nothing but gta or sports games and gta

Shut0wen

Maybe this is bad of me, but I kind of hope this game is woke and bloated and fails and that the entire Western AAA gaming temple comes crashing down. Then something better and more authentic can be built up in its place.

Never liked the idea of GTA games glorifying crime and criminals, anyway.
I mean its made up, never really thought it ever glorified crime since it isnt real but gta games are literally cancer and have never been fun to play ever since gta vice city, the core concept has never changed since gta 3

hussar16

It don't matter.they could release a subpar copy of gta 5 and it Wil stil sell 100 million copies. Rockstar has nothing to worry about. Goin by the trailer its good enough for most players. The downturn of games currently is because all the games look like ps4 games so why buy these new games when they look like the same old games before

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Let's face it, I don't think this installment will be as bad as the GTA: Definitive Edition, which was anything BUT that..

Mobilemofo

I'm truly shocked, shocked I tell thee. " We Failed to grow the gaming industry". Damn right. It's been a cluster fuck. Broken ass games, games that have been patched to fuckin death, remasters coming out of our fuckin ears...$$ at the forefront at the expense of any advancement in general. Not talking about PCs. I couldn't give a fuck about PCs.

Mobilemofo

I hope this game will be a PlayStation exclusive for 1 year just to put the final nail in the coffin for Xbox series consoles.
When Xbox fails we all win.
That's literally not true though. When you have less competition, companies become arrogant (see the PS3 debacle). When that happens, the consumer gets fucked.

I mean, it's not hard to think about.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I said it before, this game is going to sell 50 million copies in the first week and be the biggest entertainment product ever, and by a mile. I know Rockstar knows what is on the line here which is why they are spending $750M-$1B on it.

amigastar

Let's face it, I don't think this installment will be as bad as the GTA: Definitive Edition, which was anything BUT that..
I agree, i think GTA 6 will be a showcase title when it comes to optimization and execution of games nowadays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom