• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be Sony's next PC port after Forbidden West

What will be Sony's next PC port?

• God of War Ragnarök

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Demon's Souls Remake

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Bloodborne (lol)

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered

Votes: 40 22.1%
  • Other (Please, specify)

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Now that Forbidden West is confirmed to be coming in early 2024, what game will be ported after it?

I would guess GOWR at the end of the year but there's a slim chance of something like GOT getting ported in-between.

Smiggs

Days Gone 2!!

... I'll see myself out.

In all honesty, it probably would have been TLOU Part 2 if the first port didn't land in such poor shape. In fact, I bet they were hoping to launch it around the same time as the PS5 version, but are probably rethinking things considering what happened earlier this year with Part 1.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Ghost and Demon's Souls were in the Nvidia Leak iirc so my guess is one of these two.

GOWR should also be end of next year or early 2025. Wouldn't be surprise to see TLOU 2 next year as well.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
0Yd5I6B.jpg

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Obviously ghost of tsushima.
tlou2 only before the show. Unless there is someone smart after jim and Sony will stop milking and devaluing sony brand for giving pc players chance to pirate their games

Fabieter

Obviously ghost of tsushima.
tlou2 only before the show. Unless there is someone smart after jim and Sony will stop milking and devaluing sony brand for giving pc players chance to pirate their games

Its pretty insane that sony dont implements drm for the people likings just to be the most pirates games ever. If sony continues their pc program they have to go for insane DRM or focus on bringing their mp games over.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is you.

tantrums-kid.gif
I am not angry. Just disappointed. Sony will end up like microsoft moving away from console market and that means moving away from exclusives and that means moving away from good games.
Exclusives sell consoles. Look where xbox is without that? No exclusives - no consoles sales - no profit to make exclusives (except its microsoft with infinite money :p )
Amount of games sony sell on pc are baby numbers. And the ports cost money too. Probably not enough to pay for porting job, let alone brand damage

And what sony gains? Quick small buck and tons of long term brand damage.
Sure, you might not buy ps5 for 2-10 years olds games likebloodborne, got or tlou2. But once there is a new game you want like gt7 for example, You might be on edge and then look at all the other ancient exclusives like said games and say "well, I might get that ps5 afterall." The older games library COULD BE the small push required for some people to purchase the console.
Now they know they can wait for pc version and get the game on sale or pirate it.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
GOWR for sure is at least in the next three releases.

GT7 won’t be until ps6. It’s too much of a draw.

I voted Last of Us 2, but looked up the season 2 TV show release to be 2025, so yeah, 2025 it is along with the show, or just after the final episode airs.

Changed to Ghost of Tsushima because there were no other options. If I were them and they release this in 2024, and they're going with this, have it as the only big PS exclusive PC port for that year.

They should release the older games first, from the PS3 or PS4 era. You have UC4 on PC, now split the Uncharted Remastered Collection by Bluepoint, into 3 separate PC releases, for $30 each and space them with a 3 month gap.

Milk the older games first.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's crazy to me we haven't gotten Ghost of Tsushima or Demons Souls remake.

Bloodborne is obviously wanted and beloved, but they're remaking that

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Days Gone 2!!

... I'll see myself out.
I really fucking loved playing Days Gone on PC. One of my favorite Sony games. I played it on the hardest difficulty, the mode where the HUD and survivor vision are disabled and where body shots don't do shit to zombies. Fucking amazing (and maybe one of the greatest ports ever? amazingly smooth). I'd love a sequel.

I've been really wanting to give Ghost of Tsushima a try, and I'd also like to see what the deal is with The Last of Us Part II. I played the original game on PS3, so I'll have to play that remake on PC sometime.

Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush, and Concrete Genie please :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

night13x

I heard from a strong source that Bloodborne 4k remake + bonus bloodborne karts will be coming to ps5/pc in 2024

*Source is my rabbit who spelled out bloodborne using her carrots

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Given their two year windows lately, Ragnarok is guaranteed to come but it'll be Q4 2024. Horizon FW is a Q1 2024 game. They'll release at least two more games in between.

Ghosts or DS has got to be next. Maybe The Show will come PC in 2024 too.

GT seems reasonable (and so did Dreams), but Sony seems to be very protective of their racing series and community creation games going PC. But action games are ok.

Last edited:

Holammer

Voted Bloodborne on principle, but Ghosts, GT7 and Demon's Souls are the likely choices. All were in the Nvidia leak.

Zathalus

I am not angry. Just disappointed. Sony will end up like microsoft moving away from console market and that means moving away from exclusives and that means moving away from good games.
Exclusives sell consoles. Look where xbox is without that? No exclusives - no consoles sales - no profit to make exclusives (except its microsoft with infinite money :p )
Amount of games sony sell on pc are baby numbers. And the ports cost money too. Probably not enough to pay for porting job, let alone brand damage

Sure, you might not buy ps5 for 2-10 years olds games likebloodborne, got or tlou2. But once there is a new game you want like gt7 for example, You might be on edge and then look at all the other ancient exclusives like said games and say "well, I might get that ps5 afterall." The older games library COULD BE the small push required for some people to purchase the console.
Now they know they can wait for pc version and get the game on sale or pirate it.
The strategy Sony is following has so far had zero negative affect on console or game sales. Releasing games on PC 2-3 years later seems to be a good strategy for them, considering they have made around $400 million from Steam alone. Considering it costs around $10 million per year to run Nixxes, this strategy is making Sony quite a bit of extra money. A couple hundred million each year is nothing to scoff at.

As for Piracy? The threat of this is hilariously overrated. If pirates can't be bothered to buy a game on Steam, what makes you think they will rush to the stores to buy a PS5?

Likely Demon's Souls next based on the Nvidia leak.

I don't think Gran Turismo is that close and a lot of these games are going to come out relatively close to their transmedia.

blue velvet

I'm hoping for Gran Turismo but a slim of chance of that ever happening. I don't want to go back to Playstation anymore, their output does not interest me. I played a bit of GT7 before selling my PS4 but I still need my GT fix.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

I think your definately right in that it erodes the value of Sony's console exclusives.

I don't think it takes a lot of resources or divert too much attention away from development though. I can see why Sony execs like it, increased revenue short term an bonus city.

That said, ultimately it feels like a mistake long term.

Braag

I kinda wish it was GoS (since bloodborne ain't happening) but looking at their track record, it's probably Knack 2 or something.

Hudo

That GTA VI news broke some souls.
5k on a rig and a huge backlog and needing to play guessing games.
Didn't know that GTA 6 is a Sony first-party game.

On topic: I think it's either going to be The Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima. Spader-Man 2 will come after that.

Top Bottom