• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game of 2015?

What was you’re favorite game of 2015?

• Total voters

ranmafan

Mine is not even listed. It was the Japanese release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Love that game so much, and wish that version was the one that got on the switch rather than the western version. Bloodborne came in second for me.

Don't think I played a single game outside of FIFA 16 that year

Also loved ROTR, but played it in 2017 I think

But WITCHER 3 boyyyyyyyyyyyyz

Last edited:
I can only vote on what I played. Voted for Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Ori and the Blind Forest. Probably put Ori at the top. Original, awesome arcadey feeling game with excellent visuals. But I really enjoyed Tomb Raider and Halo 5 too. Say what you want about Halo 5's campaign (it was garbage), but the multiplayer was excellent. I spent a lot of time in warzone and the non ranked playlists.

Oh my lord, so many amazing games, it's really hard to choose. The quality of games has really declined since then, not least when it comes to console exclusives.

xrnzaaas

Life is Strange is definitely missing from the list. It wasn't my goty, but it was close. The atmosphere and the music were incredible and it has some great twists like visiting Chloe in chapter 4 or finding out who the killer is. Such a shame the series went downhill from there and LiS 2 was actually a big wake up call for me to learn to spot & avoid leftist crap.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Definitely The Witcher 3. I played it throughout most of that year because I got so into it that I did like 2 playthroughs in a row and then the expansion came out just a few months later so I had to do a third one. It was amazing.

Speaking of 2015, I'm only playing Halo 5 for the first time just now and enjoying it a lot. Not sure why it's considered the "black sheep" of the series tbh.

Mozzarella

Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are 2 games from 2015 that i rate 5/5

Feels weird not having Yakuza 0 or Undertale on the poll though, i thought those games have big fanbase, not a fan of them personally but i guess many are.

Shut0wen

As much as i love witcher 3 i only picked tomb raider because it doesnt consume as much time as witcher 3 did, never really gotten the love for bloodbourne, its a great game but incredibly over rated imo, enjoyed it more then ds2 though

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Bloodborne or Witcher 3.

Whoever voted for Evolved, you have awful taste if that was your best game from 2015.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Best game in the series since the 96 original. Had to upgrade my pc to the tune of €1600 to play it.

It was more than worth it, easily in my all time top 10, I love it. Still a looker too.....

20200425213944-1.jpg
I dont know if this is a controversial take, but i love all 3 of the modern tomb raider games. I beat them all on xbox, but im waiting til i get my pc to replay them again

Unpopular opinion but Dying Light was my favorite game of all of last gen (also it's on the poll twice for some reason). The parkour gameplay was just so satisfying

RAIDEN1

How Metal Gear 5 can be on the list I don't know....it was the most barren game in the series...they lost the plot with that one..

Arkham Knight easily. I don't think we're going to see videogames executed with that level of skill in probably some time, I hope I'm seriously wrong, but these new videogames releasing on the retail market are not on that level of at all in my opinion.

marcincz

Feels weird not having Yakuza 0 or Undertale on the poll though, i thought those games have big fanbase, not a fan of them personally but i guess many are.
Y0 was released in EU and NA in 2017
2015 only in JP
Maybe that’s why isn't in this poll.

Umbasaborne

Banned

Eh i just pulled a bunch of random games from that year, not purposefully neglecting anything lol. As i said, feel free to mention anything i missed in the posts. Unfortunately ive never been able to enjoy yakuza, but i know people love those games.

Bartski

Gold Member
obviously Bloodborne, but I didn't play it in 2015. Many great games on that list I managed to beat eventually

dcx4610

A rare vote for Mad Max. I didn't think much of it going in but I had such a blast with it and went 60+ hours. It's basically Arkham Knight with Mad Max accept you get to explore, scavenge and race. I didn't think it would be my kind of game but it was super addicting.

Laptop1991

Now it's The Witcher 3, but i didn't play the game in 2015 but a few years later, at the time it was Fallout 4 mostly with some Mad Max.

Camreezie

2015 for me:

The Witcher 3 being as good as it was was a huge surprise for me.

Arkham Knight being as bad as it was was a huge letdown for me.

Top Bottom