• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game of 2015?

What was you’re favorite game of 2015?

• Total voters

Umbasaborne

Banned
I’ve been replaying the witcher 3. It reminded just how many good to great games released in 2015. From witcher 3 to the ps4 classic, bloodborne, there was something for everyone.

It was definitely the year that the ps4 and xbox one found their footing. Hopefully 2023 will be the 2015 of the current generation.

2015 was also a good year for nintendo with games like Mario Maker and Yoshi’s woolly World.

Below are just a handful of releases, if your pick isn’t in the poll, feel free to post it below.

EDIT: My stupid ass added dying light twice and also captain toad, which is a game from 2014. My bad.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
a9W9Ww7J6iQb7HpzYhtopR.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Surprisingly tough pick between Bloodborne/MGSV/Ori, but I went with Ori overall. It was just so well done and I was itching for a high quality metroidvania at that point. The escape sequences blew me away with the tight gameplay and forced mastery of the mechanics, while also being fair. It also came a few years after Journey which changed how I viewed music influencing gameplay, which was the other thing Ori did spectacularly.

Markio128

If I could’ve voted twice I’d have voted for both Bloodborne and TW3. I voted Bloodborne because I literally didn’t play anything else until I’d finished it and I remember being fully engaged from start to finish.

Jennings

My favorite game on the list: Ori and the Blind Forest.

My favorite game not on the list: Splatoon.

These games were spectacular.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Voted Until Dawn, since it's a game I still play on the regular - and since it spawned things like The Dark Pictures Anthology games and The Quarry, which I also really enjoy.

Easily The Witcher 3. The game was, and still is such a fantastic package of content worth experiencing that barely anything comes remotely close. It was also the only modern game that made it in my top 10 all time favorite video games ever made.

It was .. because now after 77 hours i can confidently state that Elden Ring is right up there as well. Never before have i been so obsessed with a video game since The Witcher 3.

amigastar

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Best game in the series since the 96 original. Had to upgrade my pc to the tune of €1600 to play it.

It was more than worth it, easily in my all time top 10, I love it. Still a looker too.....

20200425213944-1.jpg
Is it really that good? I'm thinking about playing it. I just don't know if it's worth it. I have it in my Steam library.

Last edited:

Paasei

Bloodborne - This game really needs a PC release.
Witcher 3 - Still playing it today with mods.
Fallout 4 - Same thing as Witcher 3.

yet another gentle reminder that this gen's got a long way to go to even begin to challenge the quality of the output of previous generations...

Orta

Banned
Is it really that good? I'm thinking about playing it. I just don't know if it's worth it. I have it in my Steam library.

Similar to the 2013 one, just a lot more meat on it.

Slightly less emphasis on combat, far more interesting environments, better story, puzzles, looks gorgeous, just a really really good game.

stn

Witcher, for sure. One of the best games ever. Second pick would probably be Bloodborne.

Top Bottom