• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first page kept crashing my browser.

A show that nobody talks about that I am interested in returning is The Fosters. I first started watching it for Maia Mitchell, but the episode where the kid had to chose what house to live in really grabbed me. Not many stories can capture the guilt of being a kid of divorced parents. Its just good wholesome entertainment.

Moaradin

tumblr_msel1dsXLE1rpfx57o1_500.gif

I don't watch that much TV outside of Toonami and HBO. Dat Space Dandy.

Looking forward to Game of Thrones as always.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Game of Thrones
Being Human
Mad Men
Walking Dead
South Park *if they do more than just a fall season*
Sleepy Hollow *if they do more spring eps*
Arrow
Hello Ladies

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/09/intelligence-josh-holloway-shirtless/

Intelligence.jpg

Josh Holloway can do it all on CBS’ upcoming drama Intelligence, so it makes sense that this exclusive poster for the series channels Leonardo da Vinci’s famed Vitruvian Man drawing.

On the show, premiering in January, Holloway plays a high-tech intelligence operative named Gabriel who has been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his noggin, making him the first human to ever be connected into the global information grid. (In other words, he can do with his brain what most cyber nerds need a computer for.)

Lost alum Holloway stars alongside Marg Helgenberger, who plays the director of the government cyber-security agency to which Gabriel reports, and Once Upon a Time‘s Meghan Ory, whose character is tasked with making sure no harm comes to Gabriel, which is not easy because he’s a bit of a cowboy.

The show premieres Jan. 7 at 9 p.m. following NCIS before moving to its regular spot on Mondays at 10 p.m. on Jan. 13.

Sandwiched between NCIS and Person of Interest for its premiere. CBS has got its hopes up high!

Edit: Is anyone making an Intelligence |OT|? Otherwise I'm gonna make a quick and dirty crappy one.

MartyStu

Some of those look repulsive. And I am certain that one or two of them are re-packaged from a couple of years ago.

Sorting through the crap is going to be fun.

ganon

Sherlock and Hannibal are on top of my 'returning' list (too lazy to list the others). As for new show, Mind Games sounds fun.

Between what my wife watches, what she and I watch, what we watch with our kids and what the kids watch themselves we have 61 shows setup to record.

And that doesn't include all these new spring ones yet.

- FX animated sitcom 'Chozen' debuts a week early on Xbox One
Chozen, the new FX animated comedy from the producers of HBO's Eastbound & Down and FX's Archer, will be available Jan. 6 exclusively on Xbox One, FX announced today on Xbox Wire.

Xbox One owners will be able to watch the pilot of Chozen through the console's FXNow app, which requires a subscription to a cable television package that includes FX. The television premiere of Chozen is set for 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 13.

I guess Orange is the New Black won't be coming back this Spring after all?
It should be at some point. It's just not clear when that will be.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
- Burning Love is still on? I thought E just wrapped up the second season? Did they say they're going to air the third?

Season 3 premiered on the 1st.

Helix. -- this is the new RDM show, right?

Yep!

BTW, I think your post also missed mentioning Rick and Morty.

Added!

A bit disappointed Cinemax isn't premiering a new show. Could swear there was one slated for Spring.

I wasn't sure if The Knick is spring or summer so I left it off the list. If it is indeed spring, I'll be sure to add it to the thread.

Okay, let's look at the damage.

Returning
Teen Wolf
Downton Abbey (Blu-ray)
Sherlock (Blu-ray)
Sleepy Hollow
Hollywood Game Night
Dallas
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Pretty Little Liars
Ravenswood (On the bubble)
New Girl (On the bubble)
Cougar Town
Glee
Arrow
Suburgatory
The Tomorrow People (DVR)
Reign (DVR)
Community
Parks and Recreation
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
Banshee
Revenge
The Walking Dead
Once Upon a Time (On the bubble)
Mr. Selfridge (DVR)
Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Survivor
Dancing with the Stars

New
Wolf Watch
Helix (Possibly)
Chozen (Possibly)
Klondike (Possibly)
Star Crossed (DVR)
The 100 (DVR)
Enlisted
Black Sails
True Detective
Looking
Vicious (Possibly)
Breathless (Possibly)
Crisis (Possibly)
Playing House
Reckless (Possibly)
The Night Shift (Possibly)
The Red Road

Hmm, not a lot of new shows that I'm really interested in. This is probably a good thing.

Also Ratsky, the OT thread for Teen Wolf is live now if you wanted to add it to your index. :)

TasTokyo

Wow RatskyWatsky that is an amazing OP. Thanks so much.

A new series with Matt Berry in it? Count me in for that.

Also that promo shot for "The Night Shift" is truly horrible. I mean what is the main guy even doing.

Helix I don't know enough about but sounds maybe similar to The Thing which would be awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I forgot to post reviews for The Assets a few days ago, so here they are:

Variety - TV Review: ‘The Assets’

A scripted eight-part miniseries from a subdivision of ABC News, “The Assets” is an unexpectedly good placeholder for regular time-period-occupant “Scandal,” if perhaps a little too slow-going to connect with that show’s “OMG TV” crowd.

NY Times - A Mole in Deepest Beige - ‘The Assets,’ a Mini-Series About Aldrich Ames on ABC

The Assets is uneven, with some excellent scenes and quite a few bad ones.

Post-Gazette - TV Review: Plodding ABC drama runs short on 'Assets'

It comes across as a rather dull, ineptly produced program that looks like it was filmed with dated technology in plodding style.

maeh2k

Excellent OP. That list of shows is really intimidating! I didn't even make it to the bottom reading the show descriptions.

Don't know yet how many shows I'm going to watch, but it's going to be a lot. Good thing I have no social life :)

Whooter

Just started watching "Ground Floor", actually find it kind of amusing. The laugh track is grating, though. Wish they'd tone that down.

I love John C. McGinley, and even though he's pretty much playing another iteration of Dr. Cox, he's making the show for me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

America's Funniest Home Videos - ABC - 7/6c

The Bachelor: Countdown to Juan Pablo - ABC - 8/7c

The Simpsons - Fox - 8/7c

Bob's Burgers - Fox - 8:30/7:30c

Downton Abbey - PBS - 9/8c

Blood, Sweat & Heels - Bravo - 9/8c

The Good Wife - CBS - 9/8c

Revenge - ABC - 9/8c

Family Guy - Fox - 9/8c

American Dad - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

The Mentalist - CBS - 10/9c

Betrayal - ABC - 10/9c

Curse of Oak Island - History - 10/9c

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sherlock
Burning Love
Community
@Midnight
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Justified
Modern Family
Psych
Parks and Recreation
Raising Hope
True Detective
Archer
Kroll Show
Workaholics
Lizzie Borden Took An Ax
Black Sails
The Walking Dead
The Talking Dead
Comic Book Men
Tosh.0
The Americans
Vikings
Sirens
Game of Thrones
Legit
Mad Men
Survivor: Cagayan
Veep

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

The 7.39 - BBC One

A Great Welsh Adventure with Griff Rhys Jones - ITV - 8:00

The Bachelor - ABC - 8/7c

Almost Human - Fox - 8/7c

Private Screenings: Robert Osborne - TCM - 8/7c

Single Ladies - VH1 - 9/8c

Hostages - CBS - 9/8c - Two Hour Premiere

The Education of Mohammed Hussein - HBO - 9/8c

Castle - ABC - 10/9c

Teen Wolf - MTV - 10/9c

Wolf Watch - MTV - 11/10c

Cracked - Reelz - 11/10c

King - Reelz - 12/11c

@Midnight - Comedy Central - 12/11c

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Bad Girls All Star Battle - Oxygen - 8/7c

NCIS - ABC - 8/7c

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family - 8/7c

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - ABC - 8/7c

Dads - Fox - 8/7c

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Fox - 8:30/7:30c

The Goldbergs - ABC - 9/8c

Intelligence - CBS - 9/8c - Special Sneak Preview

Ravenswood - ABC Family - 9/8c

The Have And Have Nots - OWN - 9/8c

New Girl - Fox - 9/8c

The Mindy Project - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

Trophy Wife - ABC - 9:30/8:30c

100 Days of Summer - Bravo - 10/9c

Being Mary Jane - BET - 10/9c

Chicago Fire - NBC - 10/9c

Killer Women - ABC - 10/9c

Person of Interest - CBS - 10/9c

Escaping the Prophet - TLC - 10/9c

The Legend of Mick Dodge - NatGeo - 10/9c

Justified - FX - 10/9c

Cougar Town - TBS - 10/9c

Reviews:

Variety - TV Review: ‘Intelligence’

For all the talk about tech, nothing here reinvents the wheel, but the action is crisp and the dialogue breezy.

NY Times - An Army of One, Enhanced by a Chip - Josh Holloway Stars in ‘Intelligence’

It feels cobbled together, from the premise of “Chuck,” “Jake 2.0” and other shows to scenes and situations that recall better productions like “Person of Interest,” “Homeland” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

Alan Sepinwall - Review: CBS' 'Intelligence'

Gabriel's super powers are the thing meant to set the show apart, but the Intelligence writers frequently do a poor job of differentiating how he's any different from someone wearing Google Glass.... That said, Holloway's charm did not get chopped away with his long hair.

LA Times - Review: Ambition, talent drive 'Being Mary Jane' with Gabrielle Union

Thematically ambitious with a strong and nuanced cast, Being Mary Jane, which stars Gabrielle Union, combines daytime television talking points with cable-worthy character depth.

Entertainment Weekly - Being Mary Jane

The pilot is surprisingly funny, fresh, and affecting. Much of the credit goes to Union.

SF Gate - 'Being Mary Jane' review: A complex career woman

The performances are very good at every level, in part because the script is good enough to bring out the best in this cast.

AV Club - Killer Women offers up a fresh take on the Western procedural

It’s not doing a whole lot of work to examine the role of women in society, but it is a show with a single and still-novel goal: to entertain women, without patronizing them.

Post Gazette - Tuned In: New ABC offering doesn't get any points for originality

At heart, Killer Women is a procedural drama with a surface-strong female protagonist; scratch the surface and it's the same easy, familiar programming.

Tim Goodman - Killer Women: TV Review

This is a really bad show. It’s a show so bad that if it was smart enough to be a spoof, it would be genius. But it’s not.

Showtime released the premieres of Shameless, House of Lies, and Episodes on multiple platforms in case anyone wants to watch them early. Details here.

I would just add that there were reports that the Youtube versions of these early premieres have been edited for language (I'd assume content to an extent as well). Just a heads up for anyone thinking of checking those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom