• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite video game moment of all time?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Too many to count, but one of my peak moments in video game industry involves Snake jumping of the George Washington bridge, landing on a boat, stealth camo getting tap'd out and our main protagonist looking at the endless ocean while the logo is being displayed in an aggressive manner.

mgs2-tanker.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Experiencing SM64 for the first time. It felt like a brand new thing, I could barely comprehend what I was seeing.

The initial view of the open world after exiting the resurrection chamber in BotW. Finally they had made the Zelda game of my dreams after all the linear OoT clones, and it was glorious to behold.

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of Us 1&2, FF 7,8,10, RE2, Uncharted 2, Pikmin, Grim Fandango

and surely a few more I'm forgetting right now.

Beardsalt

Playing Demon Souls on the PS3 for the first time. I already had a weird love for the Kings Fields games so it was only natural that I would be drawn to that game. The whole invader thing was so amazing that when I did lose a fight to an invader, I wouldn’t really care other then my ego being brought down a notch lol!

In the Soulsborne series, there’s always someone better then you waiting to invade or be invaded!

GuinGuin

Banned
Can't name just one.

Realizing what your quest has cost you in Shadow of the Colossus
Realizing what your quest has cost you in TLOU2
Realizing what has been tormenting you in Silent Hill 2
Realizing your true history and nature in FF7
Realizing your true history and nature in Vagrant Story

Markio128

legend of zelda GIF

OOT. Whilst the ocarina was cool, it was ‘that’ moment at the temple of time. In a world of no spoilers, it was truly magical.
The Last Of Us Wow GIF by RETRO REPLAY

The above moment in TLOU was great, but nothing prepared me for the ending.
super mario nintendo GIF

Just goofing around with the controls in Mario 64 was a game changing moment never to be repeated.

Too many to count, but one of my peak moments in video game industry involves Snake jumping of the George Washington bridge, landing on a boat, stealth camo getting tap'd out and our main protagonist looking at the endless ocean while the logo is being displayed in an aggressive manner.

mgs2-tanker.jpg
Ooh, yes, that’s such a powerful moment! Definitely on my list of memorable moments in video games 💚

Kaachan

mgs2-tanker.jpg
I remember you vaguely mentioning this when we were visiting a similar environment. Cannot wait to experience this scene, let alone game. ♥️

Kaachan

Can't name just one.

Realizing what your quest has cost you in Shadow of the Colossus
Realizing what your quest has cost you in TLOU2
Realizing what has been tormenting you in Silent Hill 2
Realizing your true history and nature in FF7
Realizing your true history and nature in Vagrant Story
Ooh, yeah! The endings of SotC and FF7 definitely blew my mind away

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Phantom Dust. There are alot that are close. But Phantom Dust stands above them all.

Last edited:

Pantz

kOXUyAK.png

Outside of Midgar, preparing to start your journey. The music here is one of my favorites. I usually let it sit playing for a long time before moving on. It's a nice spot to reflect on all you did in Midgar and then getting excited for the whole world opening up to you.
I also like to catch Twitch streamers doing first playthroughs of the game at this point to see which 2 party members they choose to take with them and ask their reasoning behind their choices.

Playing most Zelda games for the first time is always a magical moment.

Other than that, there's a specific moment from when I was playing Act of War: High Treason. Man, this game was hard. The Dark Souls of RTS.
Well, there was this one mission, where you have very little room to build your base, and almost no resources other than what you can steal from your opponent (the main source of income in this game once you've exhausted what was on the map is usually to capture enemy soldiers and put them into camps, but for obvious story reasons you couldn't do that in this mission), while said opponent has multiple bases, artillery, air force, you name it. Spent an afternoon on it without much progress, but at least from all my failures I knew pretty much exactly where was what.
So I took a few days and actually made a battle plan. Start going there, capture these vehicles before they can get them out themselves. Use those to destroy this base before they can send air support, then continue and deal with the control towers so they can't send air support. Yadda yadda, then I booted up the game, loaded the mission, and did it without losing a single soldier.
I was like, now that's what an RTS is supposed to be like... only to give up a couple of missions later as the difficulty was getting super frustrating. :messenger_expressionless:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The Kalm flashback in Final Fantasy VII.

The Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time.

Dragon Roost Cavern in Wind Waker.

You're Not Alone sequence in Pandemonium in Final Fantasy IX.

The sexual awakening scene in Final Fantasy X.

The final day/Luxerion Cathedral/Bhunivelze battle in Lightning Returns.

Winter in The Last of Us.

The final lab areas in Resident Evil 1/2/3 original and remake.

The village battle in Resident Evil 4.

The Tanker and associated bosses in Resident Evil 5.

Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6.

The Silent Hill Historical Society in Silent Hill 2.

Nowhere in Silent Hill.

Everything from entering Silent Hill to the end credits in Silent Hill 3.

The credits of Silent Hill 4: The Room, because it means the game is over.

The Hell Descent in Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Arsenal Gear in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Groznyj Grad in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Act IV-Epilogue in Metal Gear Solid 4.

The final worlds of Kingdom Hearts 1/2/3.

The siege of Hollow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Picking up an asshole and committing suicide with them on your back using Donkey Kong. Various Super Smash Brothers games.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
The first time when you make a transition to The Otherworld in Silent Hill (the corridor under the school yard). It was trippy as hell.

The moment the reinforcements show up just in the nick of time as you're fighting a hopeless battle against enemy forces in Homeworld.

Final escape in Halo: Combat Evolved.

The entire final battle in Mass Effect.

The Big Boss' salute to The Boss.

The finale of Bioshock Infinite.

The entirety of Doom Eternal.

Shut0wen

MMost recently id say the ending to star wars jedi fallen order, as someone who isnt that big on star wars but seen 1 to 6 i thought it was pretty awesome and scary at the same time just because the game made you feel like your character was strong but never you know what strong

Silvawuff

Zelda OoT, stepping out onto Hyrule Field. Again a second time after the time skip thing. SM64, stepping in front of Peach's Castle for the first time.

My first time playing Sonic 3. The good ending of Starfox 64. "Don't ever give up, my son." Chills!

crozier

Discovering Crushbone for the first time.

Outside the cave in Oblivion when your vision adjusts to the light.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Not in-game but the halo 3 announcement trailer was the most hyped ive ever gotten over a game.

otherwise i would say one if my proudest moments were beating dark souls for the first time, beating the elite four for the first time back on pokemon blue, getting the 100% ending in majoras mask, beating kos in bloodborne, finally getting a chaos chao in sonic adventure 2’s chao garden

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
kOXUyAK.png

Outside of Midgar, preparing to start your journey. The music here is one of my favorites. I usually let it sit playing for a long time before moving on. It's a nice spot to reflect on all you did in Midgar and then getting excited for the whole world opening up to you.
I also like to catch Twitch streamers doing first playthroughs of the game at this point to see which 2 party members they choose to take with them and ask their reasoning behind their choices.
Who did you take first time?

Top Bottom