• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Your Favorite Or Best Star Trek Games?

Like the title says, what are some of your favorite Star Trek games or games that you would consider to be very good.

Now, I know Elite Force 1 and 2 are good and I would agree with that. I also like Deep Space Nine - The Fallen and there was a Star Trek game for the Sega Genesis, Echoes of the Past, I owned and really enjoyed.

What do you think?

Foilz

Banned
I'm actually replaying elite force and EF2 because I recently bought resistance. I also loved armada and judgement rites

GOG had them all on sale last week

Last edited:
I'm actually replaying elite force and EF2 because I recently bought resistance. I also loved armada and judgement rites

GOG had them all on sale last week
Oh damn. I won't have money until Tuesday and I was thinking of buying both of them.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I definitely put a lot of time into Birth of the Federation back in the day, great game. I do want to play Armada, maybe will buy it at GOG on the next sale.

I definitely put a lot of time into Birth of the Federation back in the day, great game. I do want to play Armada, maybe will buy it at GOG on the next sale.
I actually never heard of Birth of the Federation. I just figured Jonathan Archer was the reason for all that.

I want my AAA Star Trek game with a fully explorable ship and galaxy already.
I think a Mass Effect type of Star Trek game is long overdue. The Sega Genesis (and Super Nintendo) Next Generation game was very similar to that where you chose to fly to a planet and then land on it where it would then go into an over the head view of you and your Away Team. It was the closest thing to Mass Effect at that time.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
uZdvsZF.jpg

When I was a kid I got this 2nd hand Gameboy that came with this game, I played the hell out of is until I discovered Pokemon, so yeah this one.

uZdvsZF.jpg

When I was a kid I got this 2nd hand Gameboy that came with this game, I played the hell out of is until I discovered Pokemon, so yeah this one.
Oh yeah, I think the NES version is sort of like the Sega Genesis Next Generation game in that you go exploring planets and take an Away Team down to them. I think I've actually played and finished this funny NES.

Which one? Harbinger or The Fallen?
Back in the day I beat this as Sisko but I always meant to go back and play as Kira and Worf for the full story. I really enjoyed the trilogy of novels that the game is loosely based on. I'd highly recommend if you never looked them over. They were the Millennium Cycle:

1. The Fall Of Terok Nor
2. The War Of The Prophets
3. Inferno

They were published as an omnibus which you can get as an e-book for $10, or you can probably track down either the omnibus or the individual novels on eBay if you want physical copies.

KjYAXnt.jpg

Last edited:
I want my AAA Star Trek game with a fully explorable ship and galaxy already.
This so much. It's unfortunate that most Star Trek games are pretty low budget. It's definitely not like Star Wars where they have high budget AAA games.

I would love a Mass Effect style of Star Trek game where you visit different planets and there's some ship combat. The old Sega Genesis game was like that.

Ozzie666

I still think the Interplay point and clicks hold up pretty well. The sound add-on pack was amazing for the time for 25th anniversary. If my memory recalls correctly. But I seem to recall the pack coming out a year later or something.

Between this thread and HOMM, I really miss old time classic PC gaming.

I still think the Interplay point and clicks hold up pretty well. The sound add-on pack was amazing for the time for 25th anniversary. If my memory recalls correctly. But I seem to recall the pack coming out a year later or something.

Between this thread and HOMM, I really miss old time classic PC gaming.
I think that new Star Trek Resurgence game is like a pointing click game. It's more of an adventure game, I know that. I've actually heard it's not bad.

Vlodril

I think that new Star Trek Resurgence game is like a pointing click game. It's more of an adventure game, I know that. I've actually heard it's not bad.

It's pretty decent. Enjoyed it. Hopefully if it gets a sequel they can improve on some of their weaknesses. Nice to get a new trek too (we won't mention that abomination of the kelvin timeline).

As for older games final unity is by far i think my favorite. I never did play Bridge Commander though and that looked awesome.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Bridge Commander
Star Trek Armada
Elite Force
Elite Force II
Star Trek Legacy
Star Trek Online

Those are the ones that I played at least a couple of times (or play regularly in case of STO) and enjoyed them a lot.

There's also the 2013 Star Trek video game that's based on Jar Jar Abrams' reboots that's also pretty alright if you don't mind a bit of jank. It kinda plays like a mix of Uncharted and Mass Effect... only more janky. The most interesting thing about it was the story which bridged the first movie and Into Darkness and introduced Gorn into this timeline. Oh and the 2-player co-op mode where you could play as either Kirk or Spock was a lot of fun, in a "let's play this janky game about Star Trek and have a laugh at it" kind of way.

I liked Birth of the Federation, a 4x strategy game. I saw Paradox announced a Star Trek game at the SGF and waiting to find out more about that
Played this to death.

Could never figure out how to play those star fleet academy games.. your ship always got blew up very easily.

I liked star trek away team basically commandos but star trek. Unfortunately could never get it to work on modern hardware.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Played this to death.

Could never figure out how to play those star fleet academy games.. your ship always got blew up very easily.

I liked star trek away team basically commandos but star trek. Unfortunately could never get it to work on modern hardware.
They re-released it on GoG a while ago, along with a bunch of other Activision-released Star Trek games, so it should be pretty easy to run now.

I actually played some Starfleet Academy back in the day too. Can't remember which one, though. I'd say it's a perfect game if you're into micromanaging, lol. It was all about maneuvering the ship and micromanaging ship's systems.

Vlodril

Star Trek Bridge Crew in VR was surprisingly good with mates

I somehow forgot about that. It's one of my top experiences on vr. Very basic (proof concept really) but playing with my brother and a friend was an amazingly good time. Loved they had different huds for the different ships too (tng for example or the og one).

I wish they made a full game in vr it was very good.

I somehow forgot about that. It's one of my top experiences on vr. Very basic (proof concept really) but playing with my brother and a friend was an amazingly good time. Loved they had different huds for the different ships too (tng for example or the og one).

I wish they made a full game in vr it was very good.
It was fairnly simple but VR def made it a better experience. I'd love a more fleshed out sequel

Top Bottom