• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
train tickets to go see Green Day tonight :messenger_beaming:

weezer + fallout boy are playing too but not really bothered with them but i'll still get there in time to see them. i like a few of weezer/fob songs. starts at 16:30 but i'll get there about 6. not interested in standing about or watching amyl + the sniffers . fuck knows how i'm getting back home though. no trains, probably wont catch the last underground/bus. so guess i'll need to walk as far as i can then get a taxi.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Watch out for how much they hate America now. Could be contagious.
billie joe talks pish at times. it's all part of the american idiot act. he's been doing it since 2004. i know what he said about the abortion thing but he's talking shit to the crowds. i remember he was going to leave the USA back in 2016 when trump won but that didn't happen.

i'm just going to listen to have fun and get drunk :messenger_grinning_smiling: i don't listen to green day much anymore but will always have a soft spot for them and will never miss them if they come here.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

billie joe talks pish at times. it's all part of the american idiot act. he's been doing it since 2004. i know what he said about the abortion thing but he's talking shit to the crowds. i remember he was going to leave the USA back in 2016 when trump won but that didn't happen.

i'm just going to listen to have fun and get drunk :messenger_grinning_smiling: i don't listen to green day much anymore but will always have a soft spot for them and will never miss them if they come here.
Turns out he is the American Idiot....billie joe that is.

VN1X

Banned
2001593781.jpeg

2nd hand because my vanilla 1080 died. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

The videocard prices are still out of control through, bought a 5 year old card for way too much money lol. Hope it will last me another few years, because I don't really play that many graphic intensive games any more (Hunt, CoD, Tomb Raider, that kind of thing) but a ton of indies. I've already felt the withdrawal signs of not being able to play my favourite roguelikes.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
2001593781.jpeg

2nd hand because my vanilla 1080 died. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

The videocard prices are still out of control through, bought a 5 year old card for way too much money lol. Hope it will last me another few years, because I don't really play that many graphic intensive games any more (Hunt, CoD, Tomb Raider, that kind of thing) but a ton of indies. I've already felt the withdrawal signs of not being able to play my favourite roguelikes.
Curious how much you paid, as current gen GPU prices have more or less stabilized and a 2080/2070 would have been more future proof for you thanks to DLSS. If you paid more than $250 I think you got had.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
spent £40 on 6 drinks last night at the green day show :messenger_persevering: what a fucking rip off. i had 3 lagers, 2 ciders, and a vodka/pepsi. was kinda hungry but wasn't paying £9 for a tray of chips lmfao. took me 3 hours to walk home. left at ~11PM and got home at 2AM. done ~34,000 steps yesterday.

AJUMP23

Punk music has always had beef with government.
If it was a legit critique of the US government that is fine, but current rock only has a beef with policies that don't agree with the loudest voices on social media. They are virtue signaling, which I don't think Punk was big about. I wouldn't say Johnny Rotten was a big virtue signaler.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If it was a legit critique of the US government that is fine, but current rock only has a beef with policies that don't agree with the loudest voices on social media. They are virtue signaling, which I don't think Punk was big about. I wouldn't say Johnny Rotten was a big virtue signaler.
green day has been hating on the US government for years. american idiot in 2004 was aimed at Bush and the Iraq war and Revolution Radio was written mostly around Trump . it's not like Green Day are just now "virtue signaling".

if you think johnny rotten/sex pistols are punk then you don't really know what they were about. they were fakers. sex pistols was manufactured shit.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't think Billie Joe is virtue signaling. He's been anti-US for decades. Changing citizenship status is much easier for a wealthy celebrity so it is most likely within his capabilities. Let's see if he actually follows through or not.

Just my perspective, if I only listened to music from artists whose politics I agree with, I would probably not have any music at all to listen to.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

weezer + fallout boy are playing too but not really bothered with them but i'll still get there in time to see them. i like a few of weezer/fob songs. starts at 16:30 but i'll get there about 6. not interested in standing about or watching amyl + the sniffers . fuck knows how i'm getting back home though. no trains, probably wont catch the last underground/bus. so guess i'll need to walk as far as i can then get a taxi.
Did you ever hear the side project Billie Joe did in the 90s? Pinhead Gunpowder.

AJUMP23

green day has been hating on the US government for years. american idiot in 2004 was aimed at Bush and the Iraq war and Revolution Radio was written mostly around Trump . it's not like Green Day are just now "virtue signaling".

if you think johnny rotten/sex pistols are punk then you don't really know what they were about. they were fakers. sex pistols was manufactured shit.
I don't think Billie Joe is virtue signaling. He's been anti-US for decades. Changing citizenship status is much easier for a wealthy celebrity so it is most likely within his capabilities. Let's see if he actually follows through or not.

Just my perspective, if I only listened to music from artists whose politics I agree with, I would probably not have any music at all to listen to.
Fair enough.

It would probably be more accurate to say that Punk was more anti-establishment. I don't think they ae that now as they certainly seem to be very much just a cog of the liberal/leftist machine. (I was not trying to talk politics....sorry I failed.) I will drop it here, but you can PM me if you have more to say.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

How was the show? 12yo me wants to know how it went.

Loope

Fair enough.

It would probably be more accurate to say that Punk was more anti-establishment. I don't think they ae that now as they certainly seem to be very much just a cog of the liberal/leftist machine. (I was not trying to talk politics....sorry I failed.) I will drop it here, but you can PM me if you have more to say.
You think abortion rights has only to do with politics?

To stay on topic, i bought an ipad 9th gen last week. Amazind device.

Last edited:

lachesis

RAXtPr9.jpg

Orient Mako II

For almost half century, I've never been much of a watch wearer. Since I work with my hands, I actually don't like working with an watch.
They are heavy, clunky, and sometimes get in the way of making precise movements and all

But for some strange reason, while I was walking towards to my office the other day - I just started to feel like wearing one. Sudden realization of me being "naked", almost?

I do have a watch that I wear on special occasions (Omega Constellation) - but it's in a bad need of service - and it's not something that I'd like to wear every day.
Nice watch, but little too feminine? Goes well with suit though - and sadly, I rarely wear suits.

While looking for a economic daily driver that doesn't look super cheap... ended up liking this one.
I mean it's only like $137 that I paid on Amazon. I'm quite shocked at what I got for the price.
I thought it would definitely be a Quartz watch with battery inside - no, it's an automatic. (thought it made funny noise - thought it was the chain)
In fact... my first "automatic" watch ever. LOL..

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Haven't bought yet, but thinking about it - and I am not into Lego at all

Rival

Gold Member
Picked up the Sonos Beam gen 2 along with two Sonos One SL for surround sound in the bedroom to go with the Sony A80J I picked up back at the end of may. I think I’m going to get the Sonos Sub in another month or two. It’s really expensive though.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
How was the show? 12yo me wants to know how it went.
didn't see amyl + the sniffers. weezer was quite good. i only knew some of their songs but i was impressed. going in i probably was least excited to see them. i knew a lot more fall out boy songs but i guess they played a lot of stuff i hadn't heard before. green day was alright but by that time i was drunk and can't remember much. looking at the set list it was just really the biggest hits mostly from dookie/american idiot. i wish they done some songs from 1039, kerplunk, father of all, revolution radio, nimrod, and more from insomniac. they done 3 covers (the usual shit like knowledge, shout, kiss)... i know they only have so much time and have 13 albums worth of songs but that could've been 3 songs of their own. 🤷‍♂️ good show but nothing exciting really.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well, I don't know what exactly is causing it but I feel like a lot of albums are going on sale recently. So I picked up some new outer sleeves for my LPs and some more records.

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever​
Creedance Clearwater Revival - Chronicle: The 20 Greatest Hits​
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Murder of the Universe​
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Inifinity​
Radiohead - In Rainbows​

That brings my total collection to 123 (also 2 pre-ordered that are not included). I may need to stop buying so many records at some point. Today is not that day.

Well, I don't know what exactly is causing it but I feel like a lot of albums are going on sale recently. So I picked up some new outer sleeves for my LPs and some more records.

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever​
Creedance Clearwater Revival - Chronicle: The 20 Greatest Hits​
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Murder of the Universe​
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Inifinity​
Radiohead - In Rainbows​

That brings my total collection to 123 (also 2 pre-ordered that are not included). I may need to stop buying so many records at some point. Today is not that day.
Vinyl slut

...no ad thing.

(the letter after 'a' seemingly no longer works on my keyoard).

itch.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
A lot of loneliness and sadness. 0.00€

And a Switch Pro Controller charging cable that arrived today. And holy shit at Switch having bluetooth for my Headphones =0

1) Can't show an image here but just bought an ECU tune for my Lexus IS350. It's meant to extract another 25hp from the V6 engine.
In total I should be getting closer to 30hp as I have a modified exhaust.
I should be putting out 330hp by the end of the week. Nothing crazy and more than enough.

2) Also bought this little fella. Its a throttle controller that has supporting app on android to adjust throttle sensitivity. Its the latest model from this company. Car is so much more responsive and the highest setting is a lot of fun even driving in town but wouldn't try it in snow or rainy conditions.
20220705-174133.jpg

20220705-174158.jpg

20220705-174230.jpg

20220705-174318.jpg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Impossible, nobody reads book anymore,

Unfortunately, not many people do. Not that I know anyway. I'm one of the only people in my circle of friends that read regularly. Out of the 16 people in my team at work, only 2 of us read books at all!

People just don't seem to have the focus anymore. They want the instant dopamine hit from TV, games, and social media instead, but by doing so they're missing out on the multiple health benefits of reading.

Cyberpunkd

People just don't seem to have the focus anymore. They want the instant dopamine hit from TV, games, and social media instead, but by doing so they're missing out on the multiple health benefits of reading.
Which is precisely the reason I interact with social media the least amount of time possible.

Top Bottom