• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

OverHeat

« generous god »
VNW4RD6.jpg

New mag and mud flaps

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Expensive gardening month for me. New raised border, plants and a new shed. After years of trying to get my girlfriend to upgrade from her dated Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, she settled on a A53, although I did try to get her to get an S22 Ultra, but she claimed it was over kill for her needs.

zfGrEWN.jpg

yXLd0Rh.jpg
QKCuu5q.jpg

5tZ2ESe.jpg

rwN4QAo.jpg
NxBLGZd.jpg
4l0eX5K.jpg

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my current pending transactions:

£10.99 - Adguard Premium (iOS extension for Safari)
£41.28 - shopping for food
£11.74 - cinema ticket to see NOPE (it was shit)
£2.20 - train ticket to go to the cinema
£9.40 - a small salted popcorn & large drink at the cinema
£5.95 - postage to send a parcel for something i sold on ebay

For people having kids washing machine + dryer is a source of unlimited joy.
i dont have any kids. i just love new tech. it's crazy to me that a washing machine has fucking wifi, touch controls, and sings a song when it's done lol.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
bought a foot rest for under my desk. i have a comfy chair but cant relax my legs at times. hope this helps. the ones at the office are good so i just bought the same one for at home.
I have a different song, but I love wifi connexion, it sends me a push notification when the laundry is done - helpful if you are doing it back to back.
i couldnt get it to connect to my phone and cant be arsed trying to get it working. i suppose it would be helpful in some ways but its a washing machine and as long as i can operate without an app or internet Im good lol

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Washer and dryer = Speed Queen all day, every day. Going 5 years without a single issue. I refuse to connect my household appliances to the internet.
I think it's cool all these things can go online now but it's not for me. Maybe i'm getting old lol. I don't really want my washing machine, fridge, light bulbs, toaster, etc all online.

$12 box after $12 box of Topps Baseball Series 2. 15 or so? Not the best luck. I got a Josh Donaldson patch auto, O'Neil Cruz blue border, and an Eddie Murray short print. Yay? (Nope.)

Washer and dryer = Speed Queen all day, every day. Going 5 years without a single issue. I refuse to connect my household appliances to the internet.
We also have Speed Queen w/d. Have had a few minor issues over the 12+ years of having them, but every time a technician has come out to fix they tell us keep fixing them, don’t buy anything else. Full analog, no smart tech FTW!

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I just got my Amish Shed delivered. I had my lawn equipment just jammed in basement garage. I bought the hooks to hang everything. It's not really that exciting but it's making me happy. Lol

Crayon

I used to cycle a lot, but not for a long time now. I have two bikes that are old but I like a lot. One of them is better for getting general exercise, but it has some nasty parts on it.

I was actually surprised that I had been riding the bike before with it shifting so poorly. It was a long time ago. Most likely didn't have the money.

Anyway, I got some new shifters, cables, and a few more parts for up in the front steering and handlebar area of the bike. Hopefully it all arrives this week so I can put it on next weekend. :>

Five of these. I'm only keeping one though. Scalping the shit out of the rest to pay for it.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
After 20 years I am still traumatised for having to read this poor excuse for a literature. I rarely hated things as much as I did with magical realism of GGM, Allende, etc.

I've heard some people say they hated it, but others have praised it as one of the greatest novels of all time.

Guess I'll find out when I get round to it and start working on my TBR backlog.

Champagne yeast.

Gotten into home brew/fermentation stuff recently.

(It’s a lot of fun to tinker with).

Me too. I made ACV and hard cider starting with champagne yeast. Already bottled the vinegar but haven't gotten around to the cider yet. It's been aging for over 2 months at this point.

Raven117

Me too. I made ACV and hard cider starting with champagne yeast. Already bottled the vinegar but haven't gotten around to the cider yet. It's been aging for over 2 months at this point.
Those may be my next projects.

What did you use for apple juice? Could you find the unpasteurized stuff or just go with unfiltered?

Top Bottom