• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

gundalf

Praise consumerism!
Let's post this thread all the interesting things we have recently purchased.

Here some basic guidelines:
  • Everything goes, from a House, Japanese candies, classic muscle car, latest iPhone, boutique kitchenware or some obscure craft beer from your area - you get the idea
  • Always post the price
  • If possible also post a picture (a pic from google is ok but posting your own picture is more interesting and engaging)
  • It does not matter if the purchase is a brand new item or used from your local flee market
  • Do not post everyday stuff like basic groceries
  • Do not shame users for paying scalper prices
  • Do not shame or belittle users for their purchases
  • Discussion and questions about purchased goods and services is welcome

Last edited:

gundalf

I will start.
I impulse bought from Amazon.de the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick for 84€, will arrive next week.
Don't need it but its a long time since a bought a gadget :messenger_grinning_sweat:

arcade-stick.png%22

Oh and these here for 7€
813ETMInC%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
ASIAIR-Pro-Bundle_1024x1024.png

Asiair Pro and a guide scope kit. This will allow me to fully control and automate my astrophotography sessions right on my phone. It can plate solve, annotate what's on screen, highly accurate polar alignments among other things. The guide scope will lock onto a star (or multiple stars) and send correctional coordinates to my tracking mount to allow much longer exposures. Hoping for four minute exposures at 400+mm focal lengths.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Don't you have a visitation box around the house. That should give you a direction and an idea of the depth.
I have a drawing from the county but anything before 2007 is not accurate in my country.
FmYnL06.jpg
FmYnL06.jpg

The previous owners actually pointed to a location on the other side of the porch. So who knows right now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you can, you might want to to turn that downspout part at the end sideways so it hits the grass. Or attach a longer downspout piece the same way you have it now so water flows away farther from the house even if it means someone might trip over the piece.

Depending how level that flat stone piece is that goes across, you don't want water pooling or soaking into stone. A typical rule of thumb is if you dont have a downspout directly draining into the sewer, and you need to do the above, make sure the water spilling out is a good 2M or 6 ft away from the foundation.

If you do the sideways thing, do it something like this with a concrete piece to hold it firm.

g2186-9.jpg

Last edited:

Loope

I have a drawing from the county but anything before 2007 is not accurate in my country.
FmYnL06.jpg
FmYnL06.jpg

The previous owners actually pointed to a location on the other side of the porch. So who knows right now.
Hm, i see. Do you have a bathroom or kitchen on the back of the house? They only gave you that strip of paper? That's crazy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How much, if you don’t mind me asking?
$900 all together including delivery and installation as well as them hauling away the old one.

My current water heater is over 30 years old and I don't trust myself to unhook it without making it explode. The unit itself is only $500 and the rest is for the white glove service. The one I have now literally came with the house... both when it was new in 1991 and also in the sense that I inherited it when I bought the place last year. So it'll be a massive load off my shoulders to get rid of it finally.

Nester99

$900 all together including delivery and installation as well as them hauling away the old one.

My current water heater is over 30 years old and I don't trust myself to unhook it without making it explode. The unit itself is only $500 and the rest is for the white glove service. The one I have now literally came with the house... both when it was new in 1991 and also in the sense that I inherited it when I bought the place last year. So it'll be a massive load off my shoulders to get rid of it finally.

30 year old HWT?

You are so lucky that did not go on you.

Grats on the new tank lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
30 year old HWT?

You are so lucky that did not go on you.

Grats on the new tank lol
Thanks. Surprisingly this old one I have still works. Probably has something to do with the fact that my house literally sat empty between 2013-2020.

Nester99

I am about to buy 1/4 of a fence during the worst time in 30 years to try and buy a fence.
Looking like $80 foot for the vinyl one i want (wood is so much maintenance)
I have 360 feet, so looks like i will only be doing the 100ft at the front for that price.

One guy came out to quote, does all the quote and give me a $8k for a TAN fence...who the fuck wants a TAN fence. "thats all we have in stock atm" No deal buckaroo.

2nd guy at least has gray/slate

Azzurri

m13tl7c.jpg

Bought this about two weeks ago. 2021 MB G-Wagen G63.
Placed a deposit back in August of 2020. The wait times for these are on average 12-18 months.
Got lucky and had an allocation in February.

Crazy thing is that these are going for about 25-60k over their MSRP. I payed 10k over, but if I did sell it right now I could still make about 40k

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

m13tl7c.jpg

Bought this about two weeks ago. 2021 MB G-Wagen G63.
Placed a deposit back in August of 2020. The wait times for these are on average 12-18 months.
Got lucky and had an allocation in February.

Crazy thing is that these are going for about 25-60k over their MSRP. I payed 10k over, but if I did sell it right now I could still make about 40k

That's quite a vehicle. Congrats.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you can, you might want to to turn that downspout part at the end sideways so it hits the grass. Or attach a longer downspout piece the same way you have it now so water flows away farther from the house even if it means someone might trip over the piece.

Depending how level that flat stone piece is that goes across, you don't want water pooling or soaking into stone. A typical rule of thumb is if you dont have a downspout directly draining into the sewer, and you need to do the above, make sure the water spilling out is a good 2M or 6 ft away from the foundation.

If you do the sideways thing, do it something like this with a concrete piece to hold it firm.

g2186-9.jpg
At my previous house I ran the spouts under ground and then they bubbled up about 15 ft from the house. One of them even traveled about 50ft to a ditch.
I will work on getting the water away from the house. It is weird that the previous owners didn’t do more. Knowing water near the foundation is a no no.

Cyberpunkd

I need to do that as well, our old heater is stuffed with calcium and I suspect makes it super energy inefficient. The cost of the new one is almost the same as removing calcium from the old one. Also need to replace some electrical heaters, I suspect the old ones are also very inefficient.

Peggies

Gold Member
It's a classic! A revenge storie of a deep south town for its destruction during the Civil War.
Very gory and trashy and funny. There's a reboot with Robert Englund from 2005 that's also quite entertaining.

xM1CMgg.jpg

Camaway2

I will start.
I impulse bought from Amazon.de the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick for 84€, will arrive next week.
Don't need it but its a long time since a bought a gadget :messenger_grinning_sweat:

arcade-stick.png%22

Oh and these here for 7€
813ETMInC%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Ah, funny, I have literally just received my arcade stick yesterday. Will use the long weekend to set it up on my retropie.

gundalf

Ah, funny, I have literally just received my arcade stick yesterday. Will use the long weekend to set it up on my retropie.

The only thing that holds me back getting a retropie is that you can't turn it on from the controller (I'm lazy), so I will wait for a switch successor to finally hack my OG Switch.

gundalf

qbzA3OV.png

I just ordered a Super 73 S2, I think these are going to blow up in a post pandemic economy. I’m interested in customizing them. I just kind of wanted something fun to do this summer. Zipping around and chilling, go out and get a Yoo Hoo. A buddy of mine has one and they are fun to ride.

Damn with a 960 WH battery its a steal at that price.

Reactions: Shh

DarkestHour

Banned
qbzA3OV.png

I just ordered a Super 73 S2, I think these are going to blow up in a post pandemic economy. I’m interested in customizing them. I just kind of wanted something fun to do this summer. Zipping around and chilling, go out and get a Yoo Hoo. A buddy of mine has one and they are fun to ride.

Are the pedals for show? I don't understand.

Top Bottom