• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Peggies

Gold Member
I thought we were more than buddies 😡
My Love Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Cyberpunkd

New old car, Honda CR-V from 2000 in fantastic shape and only 72.000 miles on the clock for 5700$. Really stoked about that one. Please ignore the kid on the picture, I already had that one before ;)
I’m always amazed what is considered a used car in the US. In Europe nobody would touch a 21 year old car with a 10-foot pole.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I’m always amazed what is considered a used car in the US. In Europe nobody would touch a 21 year old car with a 10-foot pole.
Depends on the motor, if I wasn't bogged down in family shit I'd buy myself my old motors for weekend craic, either a twin turbo supra or Nissan 300zx both over 20 years old... God I miss being properly flung into a car seat when putting the foot down

For some reason I didn't describe what this was all about. So I had acquired a lightweight portable tracking mount (Star Adventurer 2i), I also acquired the previously linked Asiair Pro to control everything from my phone, and a guide scope/camera. I had been using a dslr camera (Canon t3i) with regular camera lenses, which is far from ideal.

20210521-015916.jpg

This is the Pinwheel galaxy, Messier object 101, with a 75-300mm zoom lens and considering the multiple hours of data I got...this is kinda wack. It's quite soft, has a lot of false color in it (those stars wtf). This telescope up there is the Zenithstar 61 and is basically the max size I can use on my tracking mount weight wise. The quality of the optics is far far better than the shitty zoom lens I was using. And I'll gain another 100mm or so of focal length as well.

Last edited:

deafmedal

A box of 10 decent cigars for around $40 that retail for around $12 a stick. I’ve traded chain vaping (quit around 6 months ago) for a couple few stogies a week, I like having something relaxing to look forward to and I don’t feel the need to constantly drown myself in nicotine.

Gonna give some scotch/whiskey a go too, love the way a stout pairs with a cigar but I don’t always want the calories. It could almost be a sign that I’m becoming more refined in my fifth decade but it’s probably more like the asses in Pinocchio.

Kenpachii

- eso blackwood
- New windows for my house double glass front
- New front entirely actually, builders coming in 2 days from now.
- garden stuff, going to make my water area bigger.

PuffyCan

That's some amazing hardware right there. How much was the retail on this thing? Just plan on using it as much as possible because most boats end up in the garage collecting dust.
It cost 45K CAD plus taxes ("only" 31K USD, no joke). I already have 2 fishing trip planned this summer and will be using it for pleasure during the weekends, we really have nice lakes in Quebec.

edit: wrong price in USD, didn`t use the same configuration

Last edited:

PuffyCan

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

BOAT

I like the boat it looks beautiful but man are they expensive to maintain.
Yeah I already know, had to sell my WRX for this :cry:.. At least it`s brand new, shouldn`t have any problem for the first years and I plan to maintain it properly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well if anyone was curious, I did complete the recover of my pool table. Went from this:
dxazL8m.jpg

M7kZMtF.jpg

To this:
cq2uJ0Y.jpg

Kaq2vJk.jpg
Sweet. Red is classy. Our fam had a cheap small table as a kid with the default green.

The funny thing about pool tables is that those small shitty ones back then (maybe now too) have rounded pocktes making it important to have pinpoint accuracy.

Then when I was old enough to play pool at pubs and they were square corners, it was the easiest shit ever!

Last edited:
bought myself a PS4 slim. sold mine last july cause I thought I was gonna get a PS5. had it pre ordered but cancelled it. I’ll get one in a couple years so until then I’m back on PS4 lol. I could’ve done without it but I really miss bloodborne + persona 5.

the controller that was in the eBay photo is different from the one I got. it looked in good condition but I got one with a chunk missing from the thumb stick and the stick is also drifting. so had to buy a brand new controller. also, I’ve decided to try fix the controller I got so have ordered replacement sticks. I don’t have great soldering skills but I will give it a shot. ordered a new battery too might as well replace that while I’m working on it. probably won’t attempt that until next week. Just ordered the parts today and they will take a few days to arrive but my new controller from Amazon is coming tomorrow.

the console was a bit of a mess. there were bits of white paint over it and the power cable so cleaned that all off. Despite some faint scratches its looking quite decent now. Opened it up and it was DUSTY so gave it a clean out as best I could. I tried to get into the heatsink but there was a cable connected to the psu I couldn’t get out so left it. Didn’t wanna damage it. Used my electric air duster to get as much dust out as I could. Put in a new CMOS battery, fresh thermal paste, and a 1TB SSD so it’s good to go now!

i couldve just bought a new PS4 slim but I love taking things apart to clean them and fix them so wasn’t really put off buying second hand and it’s why I’m not so mad about receiving a faulty controller! Also saving myself a bit of money. Honestly not much but it’s something. From what I’ve spent I’d only need to pay an extra £70 for a new console.

Last edited:
Sweet. Red is classy. Our fam had a cheap small table as a kid with the default green.

The funny thing about pool tables is that those small shitty ones back then (maybe now too) have rounded pocktes making it important to have pinpoint accuracy.

Then when I was old enough to play pool at pubs and they were square corners, it was the easiest shit ever!
I grew up playing on pub tables. Maybe that's why I'm so garbage at the game now!

I have red ceilings and I'll hopefully be putting in red carpet to match soon. I always wanted a two tone table, when I went to price it out to have it done it was nearly the cost of a new table so I figured I'd give it a shot myself. It turned out better than I could have hoped to be honest.

Quasicat

Randomly looking to see the current price of some missing LEGO Dimensions stuff and stumbled on the Sesame Street LEGO set:
QHHLk5E.jpg

It will be here on Saturday! ☺️

Relativ9

Been having some lower back problems lately so I decided to finally pull the trigger and get a standing desk. Used to have one when I worked in an office and it was great, but I've been working from home for the past 4 years and it was really starting to take its toll. Had it for about 2 days now and have barely lowered it to sit at all, feet are a bit sore after a long day, but it's definitely worth it cause my back feels great. At some point I'll probably get a much more ergonomic chair as well, but this will do for now since I'm mostly standing anyway (even while gaming).
VfgUWY6.png

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Been having some lower back problems lately so I decided to finally pull the trigger and get a standing desk. Used to have one when I worked in an office and it was great, but I've been working from home for the past 4 years and it was really starting to take its toll. Had it for about 2 days now and have barely lowered it to sit at all, feet are a bit sore after a long day, but it's definitely worth it cause my back feels great. At some point I'll probably get a much more ergonomic chair as well, but this will do for now since I'm mostly standing anyway (even while gaming).
VfgUWY6.png
A standing mat helped me out a great deal with my standing desk. It has different edges that you can stretch your feet out on if you choose.

last things i bought:

an Airtag for my house/car keys - couldn't find them the other day and i was freaking out. a couple times i've left them in my door lol. so decided enough of the panicking and just put a tag on them.

iu

a new mouse for my computer - i was drunk and spilled beer over my desk and my poor mouse stopped working. bought the same model (logitech g203) off amazon.
iu

i'm thinking of buying a new chair for sitting at my desk. my current one is old and really uncomfortable. also i think i might buy myself a new skateboard :)

Last edited:

lem0n

I imported a car from Japan. It's a Toyota Levin, it's closest relative is the Corolla. It's got a real special engine in it. (If there are any car nerds among us I can get into more detail.) There's less than 10 in the country, and this is probably the only one on the west coast of the USA.

e61DIlF.jpg
cr0rxID.jpg

Top Bottom