• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

gundalf

Are the pedals for show? I don't understand.
You have to pedal, the motor is assisting - think of power steering in your car but for pedals. This allows you 3 main things: less strain on your knees, you can comfortably do very long tours and of course drive with high speeds.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
You have to pedal, the motor is assisting - think of power steering in your car but for pedals. This allows you 3 main things: less strain on your knees, you can comfortably do very long tours and of course drive with high speeds.

Ahhh. Thanks.

highrider

Banned
Are the pedals for show? I don't understand.
It’s a moped essentially but a bit faster but still a class 2 so you don’t need a license or registration. In pedal assisted mode you can increase the range a lot it has different levels of assist, but most people just use the throttle. It’s top speed is like 35. It’s good for around town stuff 👍

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
ergatta
5qWZJQU.jpg

nothing exciting. last "big" things i bought were a dash cam, hardwire kit, and multimeter. nearly had a car crash (not my fault) and decided it's time i get a dash cam to keep myself right. instead of having the wire hanging from up near the rear view mirror and down to the 12v plug i hardwired it right into my fusebox. need the multimeter to check what fuses were 12v. total cost was ~£52. already had a few micro sd cards so put in a 128GB one even though that's overkill. i've been meaning to stick a 16GB one in cause i might need that 128GB in the future (originally bought for a Switch console)

my next big purchase is likely gonna be one of those new iPad Pros coming out next week . My PC is pissing me off with the things going wrong with it (could be a faulty GPU, monitor, PSU ... or all 3) and i can't be arsed toubleshooting/fixing it. it'd cost me anywhere anywhere up to £1,500 to fix (with similar spec) so fuck it just gonna get an iPad which i can do all my work on. i'll get a console at somepoint to play games (i'll play some on iPad like League/Football Manager/Gwent/Fifa + Genshin). main thing is day to day usage and work stuff. i'll keep my PC as long as reasonably possible (probably install linux on it). my keyboard had some broken keys but i've managed to replace the switches (~£6 for 5 of them). it was quite an easy fix even though the switches are soldered on.

Last edited:

Skyfox

I bought a new bed and mattress. Its amazing but its brought to my attention how awful my pillows are. Feel I can't enjoy the new bed until the pillow problem is sorted.

First batch of new pillows were truly awful. Hopefully next batch work out!

BigBooper

I bought a new bed and mattress. Its amazing but its brought to my attention how awful my pillows are. Feel I can't enjoy the new bed until the pillow problem is sorted.

If you need a recommendation I like these, and they're cheap.

MilkLizard

New shell and screen for my old GBC for +/- 100$. Pretty happy with the results.

sqKtinV.jpg

xtV7cWR.jpg

New old car, Honda CR-V from 2000 in fantastic shape and only 72.000 miles on the clock for 5700$. Really stoked about that one. Please ignore the kid on the picture, I already had that one before ;)

TDZgGlh.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I recommend these:

Bought mine over aa year ago and they are still going strong with no deflation.

xrnzaaas

New old car, Honda CR-V from 2000 in fantastic shape and only 72.000 miles on the clock for 5700$. Really stoked about that one. Please ignore the kid on the picture, I already had that one before ;)

TDZgGlh.jpg
First two generations of the CR-V are awesome. They're proper SUV's which was lost later on (much like with Toyota's RAV4 and many other SUV's).

I recommend these:

Bought mine over aa year ago and they are still going strong with no deflation.

Are these good for a taller (6'2) person with neck issues? Side sleeper.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm a huge reader, but not only that I'm also a book collector, so when I saw the Folio Society had released a hardback of one of the greatest novels of the 20th century, well I had to bite. £50 for a book isn't that crazy for me. I've actually dropped three figure sums on single Folio Society editions. I see books as investments and my personal collection is certainly worth a tidy sum. Can't wait to read this when it gets delivered next week. Might save it to read for a special occasion. This is a book that demands to be savoured.

master_main.png

Amory

I'm a huge reader, but not only that I'm also a book collector, so when I saw the Folio Society had released a hardback of one of the greatest novels of the 20th century, well I had to bite. £50 for a book isn't that crazy for me. I've actually dropped three figure sums on single Folio Society editions. I see books as investments and my personal collection is certainly worth a tidy sum. Can't wait to read this when it gets delivered next week. Might save it to read for a special occasion. This is a book that demands to be savoured.

master_main.png
margaritas cheekyschicks GIF by CheekysBrand

Azzurri

63f83B0.jpg

Set up is complete, finally.

Last purchase was a 48" LG C1 (2021 version on the CX). This thing is amazing! My secondary monitor is a Acer Pred 34" Ultrawide 1440p I've had for about 6 years now.

My desk is huge so my setup looks small; even though it's not, LMAO.

GeekyDad

Gas...

And had to drive to a couple of stations to find it at 7 am on a Saturday. Limited to $20 per customer, so was only able to get a little over six gallons. I can't believe that people are buying this shit: ransomware. Uh huh...fucking nonsense. Telling us aliens from outer space stole it would been more believable, ffs.

Zenaku

c8OtWX5.jpg

AKG N60NC bluetooth headphones. Have an older pair of wired AKG K702, and while these don't sound as good I've fell in love with the convenience.

Long battery life, with the option of connecting a wire to use them as normal headphones (sound slightly better wired than wireless, but still not K702 levels) and the active noise cancelling works beautifully.

Top Bottom