• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Raven117

Hehe, no. I'm sticking with my principles. If I didn't have any self control I'd have a watch for every day of the week and that's no good, is it precious?
Depends on your tastes if you want a watch for each day of the week! 7 weekenders? No problem, 7 fancy watches, might be a house.

I have a watch for most occasions. It’s a few more than 3 but not all are big fancy watches.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Just got a Chromebook new from Microcenter . $130 on sale.

m27955893605_1.jpg

nothing exciting. last things i bought were:
  • another month of iCloud+ (£0.79)
  • another year of road tax for my car (£30)
  • food, alcohol, cat food/litter (£56.74)
next week my phone plan is due. that is £10/month for 15GB of 5G. it will go on my credit card which i need to pay off soon. that's gonna cost £214.39.

don't really have anything i want to buy. gonna need to try save up more. already saved £120 this month.

Mohonky

So I bought a new bike (even the other bike is only 3 weeks old so it's still basically new lol). I think this is my mid-life crisis purchase. Get fit, get back into something new and try and pretend I'm the youthful young energetic young man I once was (protip - everything hurts at this point).

I was riding a dirt jump / skills park on my bigger enduro bike and yeh, too much ambition + lack of technique mixed in with learning to jump on a 24kg bike is a lot to go wrong, so I managed to both concuss myself and mess up my internal organs in my chest (it's all painful right now). As evidence by this pic of my helmet after the incident.
YktOSH8.jpg

So I figured I would buy something a bit more beginner friendly but still fun to learn to manual, bunnyhop properly, jump properly and you know, eventually go mongrel on at the jumps which will at least give me some idea of what I'm going on the big bruiser. So I picked up this;

Norco Rampage 1 :)
6E6xLJY.jpg
168XdbR.jpg

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
AphexTwinICareBecauseYouDo.jpg

Aphex Twin's album I Care Because You Do on vinyl.

291803_overview.jpeg

Sick special 4K edition of the original Dune movie by David Lynch.

009856740.jpg

Art book by François Schuiten about Mars, published in the Louis Vuitton travel book series.
29-12-2021_LL_U574VS2_1_1.jpg

A pair of vegan dad sneakers from NB.

So I bought a new bike (even the other bike is only 3 weeks old so it's still basically new lol). I think this is my mid-life crisis purchase. Get fit, get back into something new and try and pretend I'm the youthful young energetic young man I once was (protip - everything hurts at this point).

I was riding a dirt jump / skills park on my bigger enduro bike and yeh, too much ambition + lack of technique mixed in with learning to jump on a 24kg bike is a lot to go wrong, so I managed to both concuss myself and mess up my internal organs in my chest (it's all painful right now). As evidence by this pic of my helmet after the incident.
YktOSH8.jpg

So I figured I would buy something a bit more beginner friendly but still fun to learn to manual, bunnyhop properly, jump properly and you know, eventually go mongrel on at the jumps which will at least give me some idea of what I'm going on the big bruiser. So I picked up this;

Norco Rampage 1 :)
6E6xLJY.jpg
168XdbR.jpg
NIce, here's my new one that I cant ride yet due to winter :(

AF7HO6q.jpg

Mohonky

NIce, here's my new one that I cant ride yet due to winter :(

AF7HO6q.jpg
Nice so what was it you had changed before picking it up?

Actually just noticed, you put the same pedals on. After I hit the deck I upgraded the stock pedals to OneUp profiles also.

Last edited:
Nice so what was it you had changed before picking it up?

Actually just noticed, you put the same pedals on. After I hit the deck I upgraded the stock pedals to OneUp profiles also.
Yup got those oneup ones as I'm not too picky as long as they are flats. I put a carbon oneup handlebar and most Giant or Trek dropper posts suck so I put a PNW loam in there and got a bit of credit for giving it back. And some super foamy grips I love from wolf tooth fatpaw's.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I've been using a 27" 1440p 75 Hz monitor for around two years. I finally decided to get a monitor worthy of my RTX 3080 and all-around beast of a gaming rig:

Description:

ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQ 32” 4K HDR 144Hz DSC HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor, UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS, 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync, Eye Care, DisplayPort, USB, DisplayHDR 600

Cost me over a third of a paycheck but whatever. Felt like treating myself.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I will start.
I impulse bought from Amazon.de the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick for 84€, will arrive next week.
Don't need it but its a long time since a bought a gadget :messenger_grinning_sweat:

arcade-stick.png%22

Oh and these here for 7€
813ETMInC%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The 8Bitdo Arcade stick is really great. The buttons are a half-step below Sanwa parts, but they can very easily be upgraded for little cost. Thing is built like a tank, too. And the tactile switches are so satisfying. Good get.

I need those coasters...

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The 8Bitdo Arcade stick is really great. The buttons are a half-step below Sanwa parts, but they can very easily be upgraded for little cost. Thing is built like a tank, too. And the tactile switches are so satisfying. Good get.
That stick looks like it doesn't have adequate space on the left side to rest your palm.
How comfortable is it?

BossLackey

Gold Member
Logitech G604

gibsLjK.jpg

I've had quite a few mice, many of which were more expensive than this. I've become a bit of a peripheral snob over the years. I've gotta say, this might be my favorite mouse I've ever owned. It comes in fairly heavy at 135g, especially when compared to the Coolermaster MM711 at 60g, which I've used quite a bit for shooters at low DPI (400). But I love the no RGB bullshit. Sleek black. The shape (especially from the top) makes it the best looking mouse I can think of. Fits my hand really well and having the extra buttons on the side is great for MMOs and ARPGs (currently playing Lost Ark with it). The AA battery threw me off, but that gives you 240 hours using 2.4GHz wireless and using BT gives you FIVE MONTHS OF USE (which considerably more but absolutely useable latency of course). That's just insane. I've had to charge my Razer Deathadder V2 Pro like twice a week. I won't miss that. The metal "free-wheel" scroll wheel is here that I enjoyed from the G502. You don't realize how nice it is until you don't have it (although it certainly contributes to the beefy weight). Then you have Logitech's fantastic HERO 25K sensor.

All-in-all, I'm absolutely smitten.

BossLackey

Gold Member
That stick looks like it doesn't have adequate space on the left side to rest your palm.
How comfortable is it?
I kind of forgot about that and you're absolutely right. There's not nearly enough space on the left, but the real issue (for me at least) is the lack of space on the bottom. I have a Razer Panthera, which is very full-sized and switching between the two is quite apparent when it comes to that specific issue. It's my 1 and only gripe with the stick and it does give it a smaller footprint than some of this other, much larger sticks. I use it primarily for beat em' ups, shmups and run 'n guns and it serves me quite well there. I don't think I could be as competitive on this compared to the Panthera in a fighting game though due to the space issue.

gundalf

I need those coasters...

I haven't used the Arcade stick much and likely won't in the future but I'm still very happy with my purchase because, as you said its build like a tank and it indeed feels great but it also looks very pretty in person so I'm basically "settled" with my needs for an Arcade stick. Oh and the coasters are great and I'm still using the same two coasters daily (duck hunt and donkey kong) but they slightly start to peel off on the sides (not an issue I think, if it becomes too bad I can simply wrap them in clear adhesive film).

Now on topic, I ordered a Model 3 Long Range:
Screenshot-2022-02-13-at-23-21-56.png

But before the Elon/Tesla fanboys haters start coming at me, I'm also shopping for the new Mercedes C-Class and might cancel my Model 3 pre-order.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ordered this a while ago and it arrived today. Scott Hutchinson passed away. Sadly that is the end to one of my favorite bands, Frightened Rabbit. Looking forward to digging into this collection of lyrics & drawings by Hutchinson this weekend.
AIwCk7j.jpg

Fermbiz

Gold Member
My 40th bday is coming up soon so I treated myself to a few things... Albeit expensive, but its for my 40th bday, so fuck it.

I just got my Technics 1200 MK2's serviced such as replacing RCA cables, and making sure everything works as if it was factory settings.

I splurged on these discontinued Shure M44-7 needles. Most definitely hurt my wallet 😥
qM0HTiv.jpeg

And I just ordered these two Vinyl LP's Jazz/Brazilian Jazz.
67b4fd4f-feelings-768x768.jpg
02c8b618-verocai-768x768.jpg

I plan to order more records next week.

GymWolf

Some legal cbd icerock, moonrock and california haze.

Probably wasted 60 euros since cbd stuff does jack shit to me but this was the most powerfull stuff on the site, so fingers crossed.

Taste is gonna be good at least.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Oh that's not how I experience it, and it's the only way I ever play my Switch.

controller just feels like weak in comparison towards my 360 which u can bend up and down without movement when u press buttons together. This one u have click feelings in the handels like its almost lose on the main piece of plastic, its small but its there.

GymWolf

Switch pro controller, Janky product, should have made it out of 1 piece of plastic instead of multiple parts,
Yeah, i bought the thing a couple of month ago and expected much better...

Also too fucking light...and small.

Still better than a ds4 for steam games i guess.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had some extra funds on PSN, so I pre-bought Ghostwire Tokyo. I’m still waiting for the bank charge for Elden Ring CE. GameStop said they would be charging me soon via email because they verified all my info. Turned out I had the wrong zip code, so I had to call and have them change it.

61453-BEB-32-F1-40-D4-A1-FC-D3-CCE226274-D.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I just ordered some desktop speaker stands for my Kef Q150s. I wanted something sturdy enough to hold the weight of the speakers while also taking up as little desktop surface as possible. These came high recommended and seem to tick all the right boxes albeit at more than I would have liked to pay. Given that these are made in the US, I am willing to pay a little extra. I'm excited for these to arrive so I can finally chuck out my shitty DIY stands.

Winter John

I snagged a vinyl copy of The Black Angel's Phosphene Dream for 9 bucks in a record store. It should've been around $40 so I got myself a nice little bargain there.

Whitecrow

Banned
No pics since im at work but,
I wasted a lot of money on an xrite x1 display pro plus colorimeter and Calman Home for LG.

Good purchase, but I didnt get too much wow factor from calibration, at least for SDR.

For HDR it pays off tho.

Also, having my monitor with the correct D65 color temp is great, and maybe with the ips one I could get some good photography editing.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Kitchen table and wall stone arrived on Friday (quartz), now I have no power in 3 out of 4 sockets, fuckers had to fuck up something. Rewired two single sockets where one had power to one double socket, so we are up to 2 out of 4. The problem is the other two are also doubles, and there is no power in a single cable coming from the wall.

Top Bottom