• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Just bought Last of us 2. Didnt play the first one. Interested to see what its like after all the controversy in da internet. And yea I'm jelly Fools idol Fools idol ...congrats though. :messenger_beaming:
i know opinions are a thing but here's mine. absolutely loved TLOU (one of my favourite games of all time) and begged for a sequel even though people were like "it doesn't need a sequel the ending is good end to joel + ellie's story!" and i'd be like "why would you not want more of something you liked?? that doesn't make sense". oh how i could go back and time and forget that this game existed. those people were right. it didn't need a sequel. it shits on everything the first game done. sure i can pretend it doesn't exist and take the first game for what it is but still it doesn't feel right. TLOU2 was just god damn awful and i regret ever being excited for it and paying money for it. one of the biggest gaming disappointments for me.

hope you enjoy it though. like i said...opinions are a thing and maybe you'll enjoy it. if you do then great :)

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
i know opinions are a thing but here's mine. absolutely loved TLOU (one of my favourite games of all time) and begged for a sequel even though people were like "it doesn't need a sequel the ending is good end to joel + ellie's story!" and i'd be like "why would you not want more of something you liked?? that doesn't make sense". oh how i could go back and time and forget that this game existed. those people were right. it didn't need a sequel. it shits on everything the first game done. sure i can pretend it doesn't exist and take the first game for what it is but still it doesn't feel right. TLOU2 was just god damn awful and i regret ever being excited for it and paying money for it. one of the biggest gaming disappointments for me.

hope you enjoy it though. like i said...opinions are a thing and maybe you'll enjoy it. if you do then great :)
I thought TloU2 was a league better than the first game but hey, opinions and all that. It was fantastic.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I picked up a Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker as I am tired of having sub-par rice.
iu

lachesis

I picked up a Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker as I am tired of having sub-par rice.
iu
I recently bought this one too.
My electric pressure rice cooker died, so was considering whether to buy a proper rice cooker, or cook rice on demand with stove top pressure cooker, or use the instant pot that I have.
stove top pressure cooker made excellent sticky rice fast, but I just don't think I can cook rice like that every meal. Instant pot, made okay rice, but nothing to write home about.

After years of having "pressure cooked" rice, it was actually pretty refreshing to eat rice that's cooked with no pressure.
It certainly makes a better rice for fried rice and sushi type too. Pressure ones, while taste great, they come out too sticky.
Only down side is that it takes like an hour to cook... (the pressure ones can cook in 30 min or less these days) - but that convenient timer function with a bit of planning really helps me out.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Those high boots, if you're a girl: hot. If you're a guy: when are you planning the school shooting?
I only dress in military style. I used to do modelling and spent a fortune on clothing and I now follow Steve Jobs' old way of thinking with his Issey Miyake clothes. I have the same things in many colours and dressing up doesn't require much thinking. Docs, jeans or camo pants, t-shirt and bomber jacket.

didn't buy it myself but with xmas money. i bought a fucking £85 wallet. ykno those slim metal ones that a bunch of youtubers advertise? ridge it's called.

Navy-Seal-Aluminum-Ridge-Wallet-2.jpg

i have been looking for a new wallet but there was no way i was paying £85 for it myself. didn't know what to spend xmas money on so thought fuck it i'll get one of these.

also i bought an ipad holder for watching movies in bed. i have a case with a little stand on it but it's not too great and when i'm looking at it i am have to strain my eyes. so this will hopefully help :)

Last edited:

Mohonky

6iqnfqq.jpg
Merid
G3BJBXC.jpg

Merida eOne-Sixty 700. Considered 'budget' in the mountain bike world....but a hell of a lot of money in my books for a bike. New to downhill mountain biking and at 38 and a longer term smoker (now vaper) that could stand to lose 20kg, my first ride really took it out of me. DId some basic riding for my first day out with some trails in there and a managed to cover 26km......I've never ridden that sort of distance in my life. Guaranteed this will be getting me fit, even half way through my quads were so gone I could barely stand and any coming down, even off a gutter had me flopping back down into the seat from a standing position because I didn't have the energy or power left in my to take the downward force.

I'll get there.

But one thing I've had to add was some mountain biking non-rip pants with inseam to save my ass (feel like I've gone 10 rounds with a bad dragon oversized special after that first ride) and a full face helmet which I have both on order. Man, what a machine though, super stoked with this purchase and really looking forward to hitting some serious trails and downhills when I build up the fitness.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
didn't buy it myself but with xmas money. i bought a fucking £85 wallet. ykno those slim metal ones that a bunch of youtubers advertise? ridge it's called.

i have been looking for a new wallet but there was no way i was paying £85 for it myself. didn't know what to spend xmas money on so thought fuck it i'll get one of these.

I bought one of those last year, and it just wasn't flexible enough to fit even half of the cards into it that they advertised. I gave it time to adjust, as they asked, and it didn't help. They replaced it for free, but the replacement was the same. Shame because the idea is cool - hope yours is fine.

So I went with one of these instead - even though it has very few slots for cards, it actually holds more cards safely than the Ridge did, and the outside pocket is super convenient for when someplace doesn't support contactless payments and I need to use a physical card old school style:

tQN9gf2.png

also i bought an ipad holder for watching movies in bed. i have a case with a little stand on it but it's not too great and when i'm looking at it i am have to strain my eyes. so this will hopefully help :)

I use one of these, super minimal but it works for my needs. They make great leather products, mine is holding up amazingly after many many years and has developed a great patina

Tanner-Goods-Journeyman-Saddle-Lifestyle_900x.jpg

Backside

journeyman_saddle_tan_2020_04_900x.jpg

Has a slot you can slide cash into in the middle

4 cards and cash is all I need

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
w1500_q80.jpg

picked up the newly released limited edition IWC big pilot's big date spitfire in bronze. Looks great in person in these beautiful coloursway. Wanted one of these for a while but never quite found the right colour combo - probs not for everyone but I love it. Should be delivered to my house in the next couple days 😎

Patrick S.

Banned
Just impulse bought Battlefield 2042 and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Startet with Battlefield, and man, I need a CPU. That game's performance is really underwhelming on my i7 6700k @4.6. Even with my RTX 3080.

Looking forward to checking out Guardians in the morning.

Dural

Picked up a Surface Duo to use for emulation, as an e-reader, and just to play with. It works great for emulation of older systems, I love the large 4:3 screens. It also works great for games that ran in portrait as they can span across both screens.

VZZtCco.jpg

DnJbYSr.jpg

IABvCWJ.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I use one of these, super minimal but it works for my needs. They make great leather products, mine is holding up amazingly after many many years and has developed a great patina

Tanner-Goods-Journeyman-Saddle-Lifestyle_900x.jpg

Backside

journeyman_saddle_tan_2020_04_900x.jpg

Has a slot you can slide cash into in the middle

4 cards and cash is all I need
I have the Saddleback front wallet and love it to death. It's been going strong for 9 years.
iu

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Picked up a Surface Duo to use for emulation, as an e-reader, and just to play with. It works great for emulation of older systems, I love the large 4:3 screens. It also works great for games that ran in portrait as they can span across both screens.

VZZtCco.jpg

DnJbYSr.jpg

IABvCWJ.jpg

What the heck? Does the top screen detach? What am I looking at here

Define "older systems"

Please help, I'm elderly

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

VZZtCco.jpg

DnJbYSr.jpg

IABvCWJ.jpg
that looks crazy but i'd totally be up for a Switch DS.

Dural

What the heck? Does the top screen detach? What am I looking at here

Define "older systems"

Please help, I'm elderly

No detaching, the bottom picture I folded the screen behind because it only uses the one screen. It plays everything up to Dreamcast fine, haven’t tried PS2 with AetherSX2 yet but it should work with some games. Pretty much every system that was 4:3.

that looks crazy but i'd totally be up for a Switch DS.

It works great for DS emulation, it’s like having a giant DS.

Methos#1975

wow, those beauties. What did you name them?

I always wanted one of those but my parents would never allow it, and now my wife wont either xD
My wife named them Barb and Star lol. They have a nice new setup now. That's really the cost prohibitive part of Tortoise keeping. Many think they cheap to care for my yessh, I spent almost $900 on just their temp enclosure, food, lights, etc. I also ordered a huge PVC enclosure for them that will be nearly 9 feet long that will be completed in a few months, and it was almost $1200. Reptile keeping is a very expensive hobby.
AcOcXe4.jpg
I0kJVzn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom