• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

My wife named them Barb and Star lol. They have a nice new setup now. That's really the cost prohibitive part of Tortoise keeping. Many think they cheap to care for my yessh, I spent almost $900 on just their temp enclosure, food, lights, etc. I also ordered a huge PVC enclosure for them that will be nearly 9 feet long that will be completed in a few months, and it was almost $1200. Reptile keeping is a very expensive hobby.
AcOcXe4.jpg
I0kJVzn.jpg
i just want to say that after looking at your photos i decided to search the difference between turtles/tortoise and ended up going down a rabbit hole. from turtles/tortoise i went to dinosaurs and then reading about the extinction event and watching a youtube video on how it would affect the earth today if a similar event happened. now i'm sitting here with existential dread and wondering if we have the tech to blow up an asteroid before it hits us or if i really shouldn't be worrying about that because we're more likely to kill ourselves with climate change.

cool tortoises though. pretty patterns on their shells :)

Methos#1975

i just want to say that after looking at your photos i decided to search the difference between turtles/tortoise and ended up going down a rabbit hole. from turtles/tortoise i went to dinosaurs and then reading about the extinction event and watching a youtube video on how it would affect the earth today if a similar event happened. now i'm sitting here with existential dread and wondering if we have the tech to blow up an asteroid before it hits us or if i really shouldn't be worrying about that because we're more likely to kill ourselves with climate change.

cool tortoises though. pretty patterns on their shells :)
Lol I got into reptiles in the 1st place by researching dinosaurs as a kid, I still study them lol. With Tortoises, the way it goes is that all tortoises are turtles but not all turtles are tortoises lol

6iqnfqq.jpg
Merid
G3BJBXC.jpg

Merida eOne-Sixty 700. Considered 'budget' in the mountain bike world....but a hell of a lot of money in my books for a bike. New to downhill mountain biking and at 38 and a longer term smoker (now vaper) that could stand to lose 20kg, my first ride really took it out of me. DId some basic riding for my first day out with some trails in there and a managed to cover 26km......I've never ridden that sort of distance in my life. Guaranteed this will be getting me fit, even half way through my quads were so gone I could barely stand and any coming down, even off a gutter had me flopping back down into the seat from a standing position because I didn't have the energy or power left in my to take the downward force.

I'll get there.

But one thing I've had to add was some mountain biking non-rip pants with inseam to save my ass (feel like I've gone 10 rounds with a bad dragon oversized special after that first ride) and a full face helmet which I have both on order. Man, what a machine though, super stoked with this purchase and really looking forward to hitting some serious trails and downhills when I build up the fitness.
Nice, I just got a 2022 Giant reign + 1 that's being upgraded a bit before I pick it up and I'm excited. Yes bikes are expensive but with an ebike I dont have to spend as much as I've done on my Ibis Ripmo to get the best and lightest parts so overall its going to be less expensive to run but now I have two bikes to service lol. All mountain bikers hate ebikes until you take one for a ride and you are hooked.

Mohonky

Nice, I just got a 2022 Giant reign + 1 that's being upgraded a bit before I pick it up and I'm excited. Yes bikes are expensive but with an ebike I dont have to spend as much as I've done on my Ibis Ripmo to get the best and lightest parts so overall its going to be less expensive to run but now I have two bikes to service lol. All mountain bikers hate ebikes until you take one for a ride and you are hooked.

Thats a bloody nice bike.

Yeh all the videos I see of people who tried one who immediately said 'yeop, buying one' was pretty telling. I was never not going to go ebike, as I am too old and don't have the power to go back up the hills these days.

This is also my first actual downhill bike, so I'll be learning on it; but the price was pretty awe inspiring, especially knowing what I paid and that it is considered 'budget' level.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I got the Apollo 11 Lunar Module yesterday and finished it this evening.
This one was so much fun to build and will be permanently on display.
RclGMX5.jpg

I’ve always had a huge fascination with space and history especially since I graduated from the same high school Neil Armstrong did, just 49 years later. My friend’s mom was one of the curators at his museum so I was there a lot!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Can't post any pictures at a risk of getting banned, but just got some new sex toys from Anne Summers for me and the wife.

Picked up a new vibrator, a vibrating cock ring and a new butt plug.
I probably have 50k$ in various toys so no judgment. Like I always say to my fistees, a gaping hole is a happy hole.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Picked up a Surface Duo to use for emulation, as an e-reader, and just to play with. It works great for emulation of older systems, I love the large 4:3 screens. It also works great for games that ran in portrait as they can span across both screens.

That is an awesome idea. I'd follow your example had I had not secured a first-wave Steam Deck.

Dural

That is an awesome idea. I'd follow your example had I had not secured a first-wave Steam Deck.

That's funny, the reason I bought this was because my first wave Steam Deck was delayed. Still might get it, but not sure at this point. I'm really loving playing Galaga 88 and Ms Pac-Man on the two screens, it's not something I even thought of until Retroarch automatically scaled it when I launched the game. One thing I'm not loving is the battery life, for whatever reason the battery drains a ridiculous amount when in standby. This is with airplane mode on and battery saver on and I don't use it as a phone at all just wifi.

captainpat

Bought a logitech mx vertical. My coworker let me use while he was on break and it was the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. It's kind of expensive, especially considering it doesn't have as many features as the similarly priced mx master but right now comfort is my main concern.
pVcH7eX.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I bought one of those fancy LTT desk pads as my felt one got mangled by an old mouse of mine. This thing is legit great.

I will probably check out some of their other gear if it's all this high quality.

Winter John

I bought myself a Behringer TD-3. I was going to buy a Roland TB-3 but the TD-3 was cheap as shit on Amazon and it looked more fun. I'll probably end up buying a TB-3 anyway because I got a MX-1 and a TR6s so it makes sense to combine them, but I figure the TD-3 will add some extra punch

Buggy Loop

Speaking of black I returned my white xbox controller and white superlight and replaced them with the black versions.
FjOCI1X.jpg

I tried to make a clean PC build as white as possible, and I’m about to give up and just switch back to black, it’s too difficult. Impossible to find a good dac/amp in white, etc. Like the schiit stack (black version you have), while mine is silver, does not match my white pc case. Black builds are so much easier.

Last edited:

captainpat

I tried to make a clean PC build as white as possible, and I’m about to give up and just switch back to black, it’s too difficult. Impossible to find a good dac/amp in white, etc. Like the schiit stack (black version you habs), while mine is silver, does not match my white pc case. Black builds are so much easier.
Yea, there's way fewer choices with parts and they're often a lot more expensive. And at least with controllers and mouses keeping them clean was also an issue for me.

TheGrat1

Authentic Shaquille O'Neal Lakers Jersey for my brother's upcoming birthday. His favorite player growing up and the reason he is a Laker fan to this day. 100% twill patches for the names, numbers and patches. Great quality if anyone here is looking for an authentic jersey. $300.00 + $10.00 shipping and handling.
ajy4cp19141-lalltgd99son_1.jpg

He got me a T.J. Watt jersey a year ago so I figured I would get something similar.

I tried to make a clean PC build as white as possible, and I’m about to give up and just switch back to black, it’s too difficult. Impossible to find a good dac/amp in white, etc. Like the schiit stack (black version you have), while mine is silver, does not match my white pc case. Black builds are so much easier.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Raven117

Gotta love the typical Hamilton style traits.
Yup. Absolutely. I’m wearing the field mechanical as we speak. (I also have the xwind). Value-wise, Hamiltons are hard to beat. If your style is that slightly rugged casual vibe… they are great options. (Not great for super dressy…. But they don’t preport to be).

To me it’s hard to spend 3000k/50000 or higher on the “rugged” look. (IwC field watch, Rolex submariner… etc.)

Yup. Absolutely. I’m wearing the field mechanical as we speak. (I also have the xwind). Value-wise, Hamiltons are hard to beat. If your style is that slightly rugged casual vibe… they are great options. (Not great for super dressy…. But they don’t preport to be).

To me it’s hard to spend 3000k/50000 or higher on the “rugged” look. (IwC field watch, Rolex submariner… etc.)
The feeling is mutual.

I'm looking to complete my three-piece watch collection with a dress watch and in my mind the Reverso is the perfect companion for that. However, it's hard for me to ignore brands like Junghans and Nomos.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
My wife named them Barb and Star lol. They have a nice new setup now. That's really the cost prohibitive part of Tortoise keeping. Many think they cheap to care for my yessh, I spent almost $900 on just their temp enclosure, food, lights, etc. I also ordered a huge PVC enclosure for them that will be nearly 9 feet long that will be completed in a few months, and it was almost $1200. Reptile keeping is a very expensive hobby.
AcOcXe4.jpg
I0kJVzn.jpg
Petrie says hi.

Vuup4t0.jpg
Hklo3sW.jpg

Raven117

The feeling is mutual.

I'm looking to complete my three-piece watch collection with a dress watch and in my mind the Reverso is the perfect companion for that. However, it's hard for me to ignore brands like Junghans and Nomos.
That reverso is a very very nice piece.

And those are also so solid “fancier” watch brands. My next up is an upgrade for my fancy watch. Not quite sure exactly where I’m heading just yet.

That reverso is a very very nice piece.

And those are also so solid “fancier” watch brands. My next up is an upgrade for my fancy watch. Not quite sure exactly where I’m heading just yet.
Indeed.

This was a limited run but I would have loved to snag one to complete my set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom