• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
n1VJSJF.jpg

dog farts are killing me…

intbal

yZBxhSA.jpg

I'm going to assume that these things are used in the manufacture of illicit substances, because they always sell out on the day the stores get them in. I live in a small town (<10,000). There's no way that the entire town's population rushes to buy six cases of this specific item on the day that it shows up. Especially since all the "normal" cough drops remain completely untouched. Need a chemist to look into this.
Oh, but I did manage to get one bag that had fallen behind the shelf last night.

Ipad Air 4. I don't need 5. The M1 chip is over kill and I'm more than happy to use it as a laptop and basic film editing. Very happy with it.

lachesis

Just bought this.

1CcpUKg.jpg

1st time cleaning my mechanical keyboard... in like 10+ years that I had it.
While I kept it quite clean (not eating around the computer, and also had the keyboard cover on most of the times) - but little afraid of what I might find under there! ;)

Cyberpunkd

What? Why?
Basically the breed has major health problems due to the way dogs were bred e.g. boxers suffer from the moment they are born with obstructed nostrils and not enough airflow, thus they overheat very easily. Some countries have already banned the breeding since you are basically giving birth to sick animals:

The case of wiener dog is the same - it looks cute but is actually a health condition, and they are much more likely to develop diseases affecting their hips.

Recently also a wife of Robert Lewandowski - a famous footballer - was criticized by the breeding community for buying a cute mix of poodle and cavalier, so-called cavapoo. The breed is created artificially only to look cute with absolutely no data about long-term health.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Basically the breed has major health problems due to the way dogs were bred e.g. boxers suffer from the moment they are born with obstructed nostrils and not enough airflow, thus they overheat very easily. Some countries have already banned the breeding since you are basically giving birth to sick animals:

The case of wiener dog is the same - it looks cute but is actually a health condition, and they are much more likely to develop diseases affecting their hips.
:(

MikeM

Recently also a wife of Robert Lewandowski - a famous footballer - was criticized by the breeding community for buying a cute mix of poodle and cavalier, so-called cavapoo. The breed is created artificially only to look cute with absolutely no data about long-term health.
Most breeds develop health issues. My huskies I previously had developed hip dysplasia which is common.
My wiener dog lives an active, healthy life. Not sure why you’d ban breeding them.

Cyberpunkd

My wiener dog lives an active, healthy life. Not sure why you’d ban breeding them.
Because they are bred for their appearance, which automatically increases the chances of developing diseases AKA you cannot say it is healthy or normal the way they walk.

Myself I got Angora Turc, that race is fucking ancient.

MikeM

Because they are bred for their appearance, which automatically increases the chances of developing diseases AKA you cannot say it is healthy or normal the way they walk.

Myself I got Angora Turc, that race is fucking ancient.
Breeding should be ceased because they look cool? My breed was bred to hunt badgers. Hardly anyone uses dogs for what their bred purposes are for and its hardly a reason to ban them unless they’re somehow evil by nature.

5d18f8d7b9900643b78a0ed0ceaec801--mm2000x2000.jpg

Galaxy Watch 4. So I don't have to have phone nearby when jogging and working out. Also to explore wearables for development, never had one. It works good.
I absolutely love mine, BUT it is much less reliable than my old Galaxy Watch Active at relaying notifications. This one will pause and delay notifications frequently, whereas the Active was solid as a rock.

It's more capable as a device, but there main reason I bought it was for notifications. Wear OS is truly a dreadful platform, even with Samsung's efforts.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I absolutely love mine, BUT it is much less reliable than my old Galaxy Watch Active at relaying notifications. This one will pause and delay notifications frequently, whereas the Active was solid as a rock.

It's more capable as a device, but there main reason I bought it was for notifications. Wear OS is truly a dreadful platform, even with Samsung's efforts.
Yeah it needs some updates, for refinement, but it's great so far : )

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
None_df4b6320-6e26-4a99-b314-45ba55c8807c.jpg

AKAI midi controller, been making some electronic music for fun with it over the weekend with the included DAW and it's very nice. Love the pads.

R.ee178680c64b8a2880c707c78304b4e7

Star Wars Rebellion board game, it's Star Wars in a box! Loads of cool mini's and cards, I just have to find someone to play it with...

R.7633667c51c11b7cd2d9622985a02e5b

A crate of Fritz cola, I like the taste and it has the legal maximum amount of caffeine :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Blink sync module, harness for it with a 256 GB thumb drive for local storage, Blink doorbell, Blink camera for the rear of the house with a solar panel to provide some juice to it during the day. Replaced my old home monitoring system from circa 2014 that only had 64 GB of storage and had shit night vision or whatever. Only set me back about $300

gundalf

Did you black out the chrome trim or can you buy it like that now?

The chrome trim is no more since the 2021 refresh and I like this storm-trooper look, the last piece missing now is the original Carbon rear spoiler.

Btw this is my first and likely last time I bought a new car (only possible thanks to Germany's generous EV subsidies) but I'm super happy that I pulled the trigger before the hefty price increase happend.

sammyys

Banned
I just ordered waterproof jacket for my outdoor hobbies. I bound many cool gear for camping on Everest. It's online store with all equipment and outdoor stuff. They also offer everest caliber membership with discounts and free shipping. Great store for different hobbies.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Korg Monologue

Not that I need another time and money consuming hobby but here we are...

Also some European graphic novels in Dutch like this sci-fi one about an alien apocalypse

de-man-die-de-wereld-bedacht.jpg

And this French adaptation of the Peter Pan story by Loisel (I have some art from him in my hallway too).

Peter-Pan-INT1.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
1051329_sa.jpg

Wii sports is the best by far, sports champions isn’t as easy, very intense.
wii GIF

d4c73c8f-3bd2-4802-8f7f-0c3a40229711.fa8c96f568a45297bdc36cd5d3c41846.jpeg

New air fryer
Ninja foodie is way better, I feel like power xl is good enough to be your main toaster oven what I love about it it cooks food quickly.

Top Bottom