• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Guys...I can't stop...

I sold my Orion Apex 102mm...

IMG-20220504-121626-628.jpg

And bought this Skywatcher Skymax 150mm..a so called "planet killer"

Smart-Select-20220508-203147-Chrome.jpg
woAaWw8.gif

GymWolf

Just bought:

Xmax v3 pro vaporizer
Glass mouthpiece for it
santa cruz shredder grinder
Philips electric nose trimmer

My grasshopper doesn't work anymore and i needed something cheap but good with an on demand feature and all the right specs.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The rabbit hole is deep, I need to stop buying and start learning to use these synths.

R.541686f3f48244785557bc588d736dda

The Arturia MicroFreak one is going to be incredible tho, really curious about those capacitive keys. Just saw the postman dropping it off at my house, leaving work early today :p

Not bought but a surprise from the wife:

FRM_Tenor_006_CMYK-scaled.jpg

Bose bluetooth audio sunglasses, sound is surprisingly good and it's one of the few sunglass models I don't look like an asshole when wearing :D
Yeah, you look more like a dork than an asshole with those.

:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Bought a digital piano, Roland F-701 to be exact. Super excited to start classes next week. If I stick with it I will probably get something better in 2-3 years.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
As a European whenever I hear "heating water on the stovetop" I go:

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

Although I heard actually heating it in the microwave is much more energy-efficient.
It probably is but I also feel like unless I know the specific time, I am going to end up with too cold or too hot of water.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Our electric kettle won't heat any more so I picked out a new kettle:

iu

Here's hoping it arrives ASAP because heating water on the stovetop is for suckers.

I have almost the exact same model, just with some wooden accents to make it look more posh.

Perfect to do pour-over filter coffee. I love it. Crap for everything else.

image.jpg

Kabelly

I'm experiencing 4k for the first time with my new LG C1. I've been watching Daredevil and sometimes I'm just blown away at at good this thing can look.

Sekiro and Elden Ring look amazing.

Best tech purchase I have made in a long time.

Zeroing

Banned
Our electric kettle won't heat any more so I picked out a new kettle:

iu

Here's hoping it arrives ASAP because heating water on the stovetop is for suckers.
I have almost the exact same model, just with some wooden accents to make it look more posh.

Perfect to do pour-over filter coffee. I love it. Crap for everything else.

image.jpg
I need that in my life, the design is really great :D

Zeroing

Banned
It really is. Just don't buy it if you want to use it as a standard kettle. The nozzle was designed for slow pour of water so it's not ideal for everyday use. You can still make 2-3 cups of tea with it, it just takes a little longer. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I use Japanese tea cups so I think it would not be issue. I can just pretend it is fancy to pour it really slow.

Vick

Bought a Linn Artikulat 345 servo controlled subwoofer for my home-theater.. for $900, and if you think that's expensive just know this shit costed $6.5K new.

Result? I've spent the last three hours feeling like shit because i'm not used to infrasonic frequencies. :sick:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I bought an ergonomic grip thingie for my new Switch OLED, a 256 GB memory card and a tempered glass protector screen.
TknXzp0.png

Now something caught my eye in the product description:

• Wear resistant and scratch resistant, with hardness 9h, which can effectively resist sharp objects scratching the screen
  • More sensitive touch, 0.3mm thick, smooth touch screen
  • Automatic adsorption without bubbles
  • HD, Safe explosion-proof
How many people were sacrificed in test trials so I can enjoy this safely? :messenger_grinning:

lem0n

I put some aftermarket wheels on my Lexus truck. Shit looks primo now.

I also built a computer last week. Ryzen 5 5600X/3080Ti mini tower and an LG 34'' ultrawide. Loving PC life.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Nice, man. I've got the 2021 version myself just a few months ago. Been loving it. I'll kit it out with some luggage and crash bars in time probably. You planning any rides with it yet?
I'll need to get some crash bars too as I definitely plan on taking it out bush.

No trips planned as of yet but I might try to get away on queens not birthday long weekend thats coming up soon. Will need to sort some minimalist camping gear for it!

Well it's not cars or houses but here's some of my recent thrift pickups lol.

DSCN5965.jpg

DSCN5966.jpg

Android Cardrunner game $10 CAD. A base set is supposed to have 200 cards but my guess is there's around 400 in the box so it must have expansions. I tried sorting through them but it gave me a headache. Someone cared enough to buy about $10 worth of Ultrapro card protectors and put their own segmented cardboard dividers in the box so I always wonder why they got rid of it.

DSCN5967.jpg

"New" Adidas shoes for summer $8 CAD. Looks like they were worn maybe once and given away. I need to buy laces for them because stock ones are way too short.

DSCN5968.jpg

DSCN5969.jpg

Mageknight miniatures $15 CAD for the large duvet bag. I'd estimate there are probably around 50 miniatures, a couple of larger pieces and the two turrets. I don't think anyone plays Mage Knight anymore so someone might want it to repurpose for their DnD games.

Are these new releases reprints or original?

From a re-release it said. A couple months ago I bought a G1 Optimus Prime and it came perfect so that also helped with the decision to purchase. Not to mention at the time that I bought Prime Grimlock's price was at $50 so that was a no as well as the other G1 carbots (and the Prowl that is selling is the Mexican colors).

Take a look here if you're interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265262640900?var=565366340164

AJUMP23

Gold Member
From a re-release it said. A couple months ago I bought a G1 Optimus Prime and it came perfect so that also helped with the decision to purchase. Not to mention at the time that I bought Prime Grimlock's price was at $50 so that was a no as well as the other G1 carbots (and the Prowl that is selling is the Mexican colors).

Take a look here if you're interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265262640900?var=565366340164
Going to order these. Thanks.

Going to order these. Thanks.

It's too good a deal to pass up, right? I had Grimlock as a child in '85 and only my cousin had Slag so this will be the first time I see G1 Sludge, Snarl and Swoop in person.

Outside of that but Transformers related I've hurt my wallet again with the Fanstoys KO Cyclonus.

In-Stock-MHZ-TOYS-Cyclonus-Action-Figure-MH-01-MH01-Alloy-Deformation-Hurricane-Mecha-MP-Scale.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Once the 3rd parties have you forever there will you be.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I ended up buying two sets one for me and one for my brother. It cost $240 shipped for all 10. Don’t tell my wife.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
This has been a ride.....ebay seller canceling my order because he can't do maths. Also I complained but the response from customer service came to me in Chinese.

alexmeng78 (3,860RED_STAR Star )

Hello,

I am sorry. I made a mistake when I listed these items. I forgot to add shipping fee for "each additional". I'd like to give you a full refund. If you still want to buy a set of dinobots, I'd like to offer you 170$. Is that OK? Thank you.​

me
I would like 2 full sets. And it was $20 shipping per order. So I would be willing to compromise and give you another $20 for shipping. But that is really the only compromise I am willing to make on the purchase.

I would like you to honor the purchase as you accepted payment.

Thank you

seller
Though it was my fault, people should not take advantage of others mistake. Please search on Ebay. It is impossible to buy to sets of dinobots with 224$ (one set is 112$)! The price is much lower than the cost. I will lose a lot of money. I'd like to charge 340 for 2 sets. Is that OK? If you donnot agree, I will cancel this order and give you a full refund. You won't lose anything or money. Thank you.

me
When I looked you were selling a set of 5 for $150. But when I checked the individual prices they added up to the $120 for all 5. So I did the math and did it that way. Your first contact was not about list price but shipping cost. I think I am being generous to offer you another $20 to cover shipping 2 sets.

I am willing to meet you part of the way to cover the shipping like you asked.

I do not want you to cancel the order. I would like it fulfilled and the Dinobots to arrive in pristine condition. If you cancel I will take this up with customer service.

$340 is to much. I would like you to honor the listed prices. I am willing to give you $25 for the bots plus $20 shipping that is $270 total meeting you halfway. And I think more than generous and not taking advantage of you.

I will elevate this to customer support if you cancel the order.

seller
Sorry. I had to cancel this order. You are not a decent buyer. You have the right to complain to ebay. I know what will happen. But compared to more than 100$, it's OK for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom