• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Xellos

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. It's a 2.5D platformer in the style of Donkey Kong Country. The gimmick is that the Impossible Lair is accessible from the beginning of the game, but it's a long, arduous level. Finishing the other levels allows you to gather friendly bees (the Beetalion) which function as hit points for the Impossible Lair. It's a fantastic platformer and I needed almost all of the bees to complete the Lair. There's a challenge to finish the Impossible Lair without any bees, but the farthest I've made it is 20% of the way through.

ManaByte

Almost Pirate Legend in Sea of Thieves!
R1fbbcb94c119d81c191886280d0a1a23

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Testing out the latest update for Baldur's Gate 3. Druid needs some work, but it's fun. The added cinematics and sidequests are cool, some leading to brand new encounters and story beats.

I'm still not sure if this dev studio really, truly gets D&D and Forgotten Realms, but they're slowly getting there. It's much better than it was at launch at least. Most of the goblins, for example, seem to be properly built concerning hit dice and what kind of load out a level one or two enemy should have (no more of every single goblin having 5+ too many hit points, numerous explosive arrows, and multiple bombs). They still have stupid mechanics from their other games that make no sense in D&D (like a 4' goblin being able to shove someone about 40 feet). But at least they seem to be improving things given customer feedback - but they're still in dire need of some game designers who have actually played and understand D&D, particularly 5e.

Last edited:
FO76, Demon's Souls. Thinking about starting Pokemon Snap or Xenoblade Chronicles(never finished it but I only played through maybe 1/4 of the game but I really liked it). Kinda playing a lot less of Fallout since I completed the season. Mainly just logging in for dailies, a couple nukes, and building camps. Picked up Demon's souls recently to try and finish that.

Considering doing a Fallout 4 playthrough since it's been a long time, and I never did any of the expansion content. Also WoW 9.1 coming up so I'll probably resub for the new raid.

Shubh_C63

Days Gone on PC.

I play games extremely slowly, and seeing all those 4% completed tasks doesn't feel good.
Not even out of the opening area and I think the game is huge. This could have gone better if they had just get rid of %ages in their menu. Just play till you fell like it.

bender

What time is it?
I just finished the first level in R&C. The second level is amazingly beautiful and I can't wait to try it out. I'm also giving Alien Isolation a shot on the Switch. It is easily the most visually impressive game on the system. I also picked up Part Time UFO Catcher for the Switch. I'd already played a bunch of it on mobile.

Shmunter

FF7 PS5. Corny as heck, but not without its bizzare Japanese charm. The gfx are retina melting. Not enough threads about the gfx in the game.

RAIDEN1

I don't know if anyone else encountered this but Mass Effect 1 (on PS4 Pro) has crashed on me more times than the original release in 2007! And it all happened on the planet where you meet Saren for the first time face-to-face, one crash ok, unexpected, but then to happen again right at the end of the mission during a scene transition, makes you think WTF?

Saber

Gold Member
Everspace - PS4

The game has a lot of good points but also alot of bad things that are implemented just to spoil your fun.

R6Rider

Gold Member
PS5
-Battlefield V as my current main MP game
-Rainbow Six Siege off and on, though I rarely play it compared to last year
-Biomutant and I'm about halfway through I think
-Hitman 3 for the monthly ET's and Featured Contracts
-Chivalry 2 whenever my friends hop on and want to play it. A bit drab on content already.

Switch
-MH Rise off and on still
-Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

PS4
-Ace Combat 5

Jadsey

Watch Dogs Legion.

Its a bit underrated I think.

Sure the characters and voice acting are atrocious, but the open world and gameplay are pretty good. Parts of the story are decent too.

Pantz

Warhammer Chaosbane next-gen version on XSX. Mention the version because it does sometimes get very choppy when lots of enemies and action is on screen.

I'm still trying to figure out what people like so much about Diablo-like games.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Me and my new horse, Red Dead Online, PC

LhX9eiD.png

Also sunrise over the town I am about to murder

VT9mrT7.jpg

Beyond this swamp is a coin I need. But also lots of crocs and snakes. This should be fun:

zoji1BR.jpg

Last edit, finally unlocked the compass for my belt:

0WZirpx.png

I lied! Madame Nazar has a new look for some reason

2mo1QcA.png

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Metroid Fusion (Japanese version/English Patched) - GBA Everdrive using the Gameboy Player via Gamecube using the RetroTINK5x (and also a SNES to GC controller adapter for good measure!).
I just found out the Japanese version has some slight differences including some additional ending scenes - so im playing thru this one for the first time since it first released. I dont remember it at all. I do remember alot of haters online back when it came out. I will say, so far, its too linear and guided. I dont like all internal thought text - I like my Metroid to be more mysterious and vague and for you to figure out. Still Metroid is Metroid - still quality.

Last edited:

reektann

Finished Ratchet the other day and was flicking between games with nothing sticking.

Playing SMT remastered on switch. Dipping back into Forza Horizon 4 on XSX. Also picked Pandora’s Tower back up on Wii as I was halfway through before and also started The Evil Within on Gamepass on PC.

I’m off the rails.

yamaci17

gta liberty city stories

played it for like 6 hours, its a perfect mafia game lol

probably i'll will finish it tomorrow

it is still fun and has that gta "essence" to it that is unbeatable even if its old

Mr Hyde

About to visit Don Corneo now in FF 7 Intergrade. It was nice to see that Square didn't pussy out with the Wall Market section. It's a great chapter. Making a major set piece out of Honey Bee Inn, with a flamboyant dance number for Cloud to go along with his cross dressing, was brilliant. This game just keeps delivering the goods. Jam packed with nostalgia but at the same time brimming with fresh takes on a old classic. Love it.

Last edited:

Gp1

Playing MechWarrior 5 for SP and Chivalry 2 for MP.

I've been playing through Mechwarrior 5 and its expansion Heroes of the Inner Sphere, Splinter Cell 2: Pandora Tomorrow and Stalker: Clear Sky.

NW3Wd92.png

How are you doing my fellow Mechwarriors ? Here's my beautiful 800m groupfire double AC/20 headshot from last night. "1 shot", one clean kill, and not enough salvage points :D

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
NW3Wd92.png

How are you doing my fellow Mechwarriors ? Here's my beautiful 800m groupfire double AC/20 headshot from last night. "1 shot", one clean kill, and not enough salvage points :D
Damn that's clean. Hate when I get a good salvage and lack the points.

• Empathy
Reactions: Gp1

Nico_D

Finished Neo Cab. Loved it, a very goos indie. 3 € on eshop sale.

From the sale I'll be getting VA-11-HALL-A, Catherine: Full Body and Spiritfarer and starting one of the. Suggestions which one?

Zuzu

NW3Wd92.png

Wow, very nice! I don't think I've ever had a clean headshot kill because I mostly use LRMs, SRMs and lasers. I also have the same problem with salvage points -- I often don't have enough because the game isn't very generous with them!

Completed Control and its DLC, had an absolute blast with the game. Very unique and super happy I got some more Alan Wake in my life. One of the few games where I actually wanted to read all the documentation to learn more about the bureau. Got the game itself for free and bought the season pass for 7.50, well worth the money.

Also completed Rage 2 and its DLC, really fun game with lots of cool weapons and powers, although the open world is really bland and the game lacks enemy variety. Kind of bummed me out a bit, since the core gameplay loop is so satisfying, but I just couldn't get myself to commit to a new game plus playthrough. Shame the game bombed, because all the pieces are here to make a really good Rage 3. Also got the game for free and bought the DLC on discount ($13), which in comparison to what Control offers is a bit pricey.

Now starting my playthrough of the Destroy All Humans remake. Curious to see how it holds up after all these years.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Still going strong with FFTA2 -- I think week three or four. Was gonna try to do a no-law-breaking playthrough, but it's just near impossible later on, and I WANT that loot! Gotta make those weapons/gear to learn the abilities to becomes the uber... :D

So I didn’t think I’d play it this year but I actually got in to Cyberpunk 2077 after finding it at Best Buy for $20. I’m playing it in Performance mode on Series X and haven’t had too many issues with bugs or anything. It’s still pretty rough around the edges but I’m liking it more than I thought I would.

Driving around in first person on my bike while listening to music and heading towards side gigs is actually really cool. Not sure how long it will stay entertaining to me but I was expecting to be really bored but I actually want to keep playing.

Kind of old news but if you have a PS5/XS/PC I’d give it a try if you can find it cheap like I did.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Been playing Resident Evil Village. Still enjoying it so far.

Got further in Ghosts and Goblins Resurrected. Fun, hard, but totally fair.

Playing catch up with SaGa Frontier Remastered as well.

I'm gonna continue with Cyberpunk 2077 also. I'm really liking it.

Last edited:

amigastar

I've recently discovered that a good alternative to Guilty Gear Strive is Heroes of Might and Magic 5 because it's such a differerent of a game. One is skill based, the other one is roundbased tactics.
So yeah playing Strive and M&M5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom