• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

lachesis

Almost... done... with.. Persona 5 Royal. I think I'm nearing 250+ hours - although the clock is about 240 or so - but I had to run thru the regular P5 ending route, and a couple other ending routes... so it added a few more hours per.
Only one Thieves Den Award left... of defeating the final 3rd hidden boss. I hadn't researched about the boss and just ran in with my Level 99 characters, and 99 Yoshimitsu/Satanael - and got my ass handed over on a plate. It feels so much tougher than 2nd hidden boss - and also feels like harder than DQ XI DE hidden final boss too.

Will give another run tomorrow and hoping to wrap it up by middle of this week. Finally.

For some reason, the "new" bad ending is actually... pretty something. felt like a lot more of original art & events than actual "good" ending, and actually am glad that I chose to see that.

bender

What time is it?
I finished: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Police Campagin), Like a Dragon and A Way Out this week.

I'm giving Doom Eternal another go. I just got to the 3rd level and I'm still not loving some of the design choices introduced in 2016. I'm constantly looking at my map for collectables and spend more time doing this that actually fighting hell's demons. I also don't love how predictable the combat arenas are in the game which reminds me a lot of Gears of War. It just makes the level design feel inorganic.

I'm also going to give Prey another go.

Shmunter

Playing Division 2 on PS5 solo for now. Some of the visuals are truly impressive and the simple gameplay makes it highly enjoyable. The locked 60fps framerate is what got me. Had no interest previously.

Have come up to a level block where the next main mission is about 8l above me, so grinding is the only option - luckily the loop is solid and not a chore.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finished Final Fantasy V the other day. I really liked this one, it doesn't have a lot of story and what is there is kinda goofy, but I like that. The combat system is great and the jobs make it very addicting.

Also, at least for my skills, the difficulty was great. I had some trouble with some bosses and the last one really made me rethink my strategy and I needed like 5 or 6 tries until I beat it. Also great music for that battle.

I'm now starting Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS and my man, this game starts slooow as fuck, specially compared to older DQ titles. I'm liking it tho, it has a lot of charm and cute graphics. Hope I'm able to stick with it because this week is the release of MH: Rise and that one is gonna grab me like a poet grabs his whiskey.

Sea of thieves getting some rewards done in season one, Ark survival just solo raised 6 gigas and I think it's killed the game for me.
Also near the end of Doom eternal so will have that finished off in a day or two.

Alpha Male

Other than my normal rotation of Battlefield, Halo & Forza Horizon, I'm also playing:

One X -
XCOM 2

Series X -
Star Wars Squadrons
Fallout 4 DLC

PS5 -
Immortals
Demon's Souls

Switch (handheld mode only) -
Always playing Super Mega Baseball and currently playing
Fire Emblem

swaffles23

Started FFXIV a couple days ago. Really enjoying it and hoping to get through everything by the time Endwalker drops.

Duos in Warzone with a friend

Picked up physical releases of Hades and Inside but haven't got the chance to start em yet.

AndrewRyan

Just picked up these two gems from Housemarque. Love their games but somehow missed the release of both of them. 🤷‍♂️

Finished the first level of Matterfall. Fun dual-stick shooter with amazing animation! The complexity of the controls doesn't really seem to add anything but still enjoying it.

FDOrBvA.jpg

G-Bus

Banned
Beat Jedi: Fallen order few days ago and wasn't sure what to play next. Went down to the rental place and was going through the games.

Prey. $10. I know nothing about this game other than seeing it mentioned quite a bit over the years. So I picked it up.

about 3 hours in... It's good. Got some solid half life vibes. Enjoy going into this completely blind. Need to do this more.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Since the thread's a bit slow, I'll update my post-game progress in Tactics Ogre. I've done the quest to recruit Canopus' sister Iuria. Made her an archer. She's...eh so far. Gonna level her bow skill and see how she does. I'm sure she'll be fine later on. Was tempted to do bow/dagger, but then that means truestrike and the dagger skill, which just doesn't seem worth the two slots that can be used more efficiently. Had to steal a priest mark and get Catuia back to a priest 'cause I forgot to nab her couple of priest skills before I changed her to a princess, so I'm leveling her now as a priest to get those skills. Worlded back to get Denam's lord mark. And I'll probably spend time next to nab a bunch of winged boots if I have the patience.

RAIDEN1

My copy of Blur came through the door a few days ago...but at the moment feeling the racing fatigue what with the racing games on Xbox GamePass....looking forward to downloading Abzu...getting through Yakuza -0 but its vibe for me at the moment isn't so strong...basically who is murdering who...(yeah I know its a yakuza game, and not exactly Super Mario...) :messenger_grinning_smiling: For me the BIGGEST game of the Spring season will undoubtedly be: Mass Effect trilogy. Very rarely do I go through games twice...but for Mass Effect, it is just dam awesome....the current gen-Babylon 5!!

DonJorginho

Banned
Watch Dogs Legion on PS5, my word what a borefest this game has turned into so soon, I was expecting it to get stale but not this fast, am just trying to speedtrack my way to the end of the main campaign then I'll try the online and if it isn't enough to keep me occupied I will delete it to save some space on my precious SSD.

Been on an AssCreed marathon and I'm currently on Black Flag. I played it a few years back and I'm still liking it as much as I did back then. It has a good mix of Naval Combat and Assassination missions/Side Missions. The main missions get annpying sometimes, but there's variety for when you get tired of one thing or another. I really wish it had gotten a One X update at somepoint because I played AC3 before it and tjat looks really good in 4K with the new lighting.

Played a bit (for hours) the demo of "Dorfromantik", as it is an excellent chilled puzzle game... that runs on my on-board-graphics card... still waiting on my new PC.

And in writing this, the game was published in early access. I know, what I will play the rest of the day :D

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Remnant on Ps4 (Plus)
Great fun. Solid mechanics, satisfying gunplay, neat bosses. Souls type gameplay but with guns.
Starts off a bit meh, but once you enter Rhom there's some really visually arresting aesthetics. Bit like Stargate meets H.R Giger :)
Great with mates or randoms online too. Worth a look!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Myths of the Eastern Realm expansion for Immortals Fenyx Rising. 6+ hours into thus far and im loving it which is no surprise since I loved the base game.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
God of War 3, just beat Hades. I would recommend playing it because it has nice level design, and fluid combat. I would recommend not playing it because it glorifies violence in a tasteless way. Recently, I needed to burn down someone who was tied up and begging for help, for instance.

regawdless

Banned
Dishonored 2 on PC, 4k maxed at around 80fps. Looks and plays great.

That game is so good. The world, atmosphere, the art and level design are amazing. I don't care about that chaos rating, I'm playing like a stealth assassin, killing everyone. I could also choke them out and be peaceful.... But that's not how I roll.

Never played the first one but am seriously considering it once I've finished this game.

Orta

Banned
Dug out my 360 during my, erm, two week holiday from here to try Ridge Racer 6. Was dull as dishwater and utterly devoid of any challenge. And looked like an sd game. Very disappointing and I love the RR series.

So I also dug my PS3 out and tried RR7, difference was night and day, 1080p and 60fps heaven! Sublime game, I couldn't get over how much better it was. And though its still pretty easy at least I still have cars in my rear view on the final lap of each track unlike 6 where I lead 30 seconds into the first lap until the finish line. I take it RR6 must have come early in the 360's lifespan and RR7 the opposite for Sony's console.

Anyway, lovely game and another go-to when I want a brainless romp with an arcade racer.

Namco, really, really has to put out a RR compilation package, surely it would sell like hot cakes?

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Still NiOh2. Hours just keep piling up while looking for that gear that`s still a notch better than what you already have.

Besides the waifu part, is it a good game?
Yes. It was a very enjoyable experience.

It is better than the first one, but the story is very forced (well, as I do not care about story in games, this is not a problem).

But it is easier to break the synthesis system and overall, it seems easier than the first one.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Prey on XsX, I'm at the end of the cargo bay section. Got it via Bethesda Gamepass game dump. Runs great, love the mix of tools and abilities for creative, systemic gameplay... Tons of freedom in approaching different scenarios but never feel copy-paste. I hated the demo on ps4 when it was new, now I'm happy I haven't missed out on this gem of a game. Most likely buying the DLC right after I'm done with the campaign.

sackings

I returned to The Evil Within after several years to finish the platinum and beat Akumu (die in 1 hit mode). Picked up the dlc and went through that too. Currently on Jedi Fallen Order cuz it was on 67% off on psn, pretty happy with it so far.

Top Bottom