• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Picked up Blasphemous in a sale on Psn.
Pretty good Metroidvania with Soulsborne elements.
The protagonist runs around in a giant dunce cap too :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Acktually it resembles a hood typical of the spanish holy week. It's kinda like those weared by the KKK, but it has nothing to do with that ofc. :goog_relieved:

Pretty cool game btw. I still have to beat it but wouldn't mind doing so, I remember it being fun. How is the DLC? Any meaningful one?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still going through DQVI. 30 hours in and I think I might be nearing the later parts of the game. Pretty cool, although the job system could be a bit more developed.

I kinda have a classic styled JRPG itch, so I'm thinking about playing next between DQIX and FFV.

reksveks

Spiritfarer which I am honestly struggling to get into a routine to.

Looking for another game, trying to find another indie that I missed out on. Maybe Her Story.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Got a qualifying time that a little more over a second on Europe's top 1 on Suzuka. Pretty fucking happy about it because there's feasible room for improvement with over a week to go!

Fox Mulder

I got 100% in Spider-Man and doing the dlc. That stuff kind of sucks though. Just fighting mob gangs with more rockets and no cool villains like the main game.

Giles

Currently going through a drought here. I got a ps5 on launch and have been through Demon’s souls, GoW, GoT, Days gone, ratchet and clank, astros playroom and most recently control. I throughly enjoyed them all having hardly gamed in the last few years but there’s nothing else I find appealing that’s currently out on on the horizon and speaking of (pun intended) I picked the complete edition of Horizon zero dawn but having played everything else at 60fps it’s unplayable for me. Motion blur and janky tbh. I know first world problems but right now gaming is one of the few activities we can do so it’s sucks lol

GamesAreFun

Banned
Played Axiom Verge & Wonderful 101 which were on my backlog, and couldn't get into either game.

So now replaying Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii & having a great time.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Mentioned it the other day but just updating to remind everyone that Twilight Princess is God-Tier Zelda.

Made it to the 'City in the Sky' last night and man, this game is just so damn good. Thinking about doing a 2nd playthrough when I'm done so I can capture some footage. This game is gorgeous and lots of comments act like the visuals are subpar. I chalk it up to a lack of proper video setting. Some things looks dated but for the most part, the dungeons and other environments look absolutely stunning.

Mr Hyde

Sucker Punch really makes you feel like a bad ass samurai in Ghost of Tsushima. The combat is well executed and very fun. It's almost like a dance sometimes, similar to Sekiro but without the strong emphasis on parrying. It's nice that SP honors their Infamous legacy with some dizzying parkour up the mountains. Incredible vistas up there for sure.

And I swear to God, the environments sometimes look photorealistic, especially at night under the moonlight. I remember being very impressed graphically with Second Son but this time, SP has raised the bar significantly.

Ghost of Tsushima is so far the very reason I fell in love with video games. The story, the sense of exploration, not knowing what's around the corner, the customization, the fun gameplay mechanics. It takes me back to when I was a teen in the 90s falling in love with jrpgs and Final Fantasy, gushing over the 3D graphics and being at awe over the absorbing story telling and loveable characters.

apowhungo

I picked the complete edition of Horizon zero dawn but having played everything else at 60fps it’s unplayable for me. Motion blur and janky tbh. I know first world problems but right now gaming is one of the few activities we can do so it’s sucks lol
damn i just looked it up cuz i swore there was a performance mode.... there is but its still 30fps, LOL. fuck that, mediocre ass game.

playing through the final fantasy 7 remake on ps5 because its free this month, typically im nitpicky as shit with ps4 games on ps5 but nostalgia is really playing a factor here and everything looks crazy compared to what it did on the original playstation (obviously) but whereas id be bummed its only 30fps, its working for me (too poor/impatient to buy the ps5 version). nostalgia really is a crazy thing, i watched my brother play through the entire original game as a kid and so much is coming back to me now, after years of heavy drinking and weed. hell ya, weird memory pockets.

Cross-posting from the "No new games, backlog only" thread:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (on an actual SNES). Really enjoying it so far. I'm going backwards, since I already played A Link Between Worlds when it first came out on 3DS (my first Zelda game ever); it being my first Zelda game, I really enjoyed it, and wanted more like it. And I found out that Link to the Past was "more like it." So, here I am.

That's after I finished a couple of playthroughs of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. I'm not an FPS guy but had a LOT of fun with it. 8/10 for me, honestly.

Brute

I played Halo CE & 2 when I was younger and remember getting bored. Today I thought I'd go back and try the first game again. I'm still not feeling it. Boring environments, repetitive missions, repetitive enemies - yes it's an old game now but I still don't get the fuss with Halo. What am I missing here? I did spend 100s of hours on Halo 2 multiplayer back in the day and loved that but the single player campaigns are just so dull!

Andodalf

Banned
I played Halo CE & 2 when I was younger and remember getting bored. Today I thought I'd go back and try the first game again. I'm still not feeling it. Boring environments, repetitive missions, repetitive enemies - yes it's an old game now but I still don't get the fuss with Halo. What am I missing here? I did spend 100s of hours on Halo 2 multiplayer back in the day and loved that but the single player campaigns are just so dull!
The Openness of the OG Halo was something very new. It was also one of the first shooters to make 3d movement with the sticks feel really good. It also had a great sandbox of weapons, and the AI was much funner to fight against than other titles.

Brute

The Openness of the OG Halo was something very new. It was also one of the first shooters to make 3d movement with the sticks feel really good. It also had a great sandbox of weapons, and the AI was much funner to fight against than other titles.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad game. I've just never understood the hype surrounding it. Like, some levels just looks exactly the same. The AI is still amazing, even to this day so there is that. I want to like Halo because I'm dying for a good single player FPS. But it's just not scratching the itch at all. The guns feel...meh.

Shumafuk

Witcher 3 again. Still waiting for fixed Cyberpunk 2077.

The_Witcher_3_Super-Resolution_2021.03.04_-_21.12.06.80e.jpg

The_Witcher_3_Super-Resolution_2021.03.10_-_17.26.59.46.jpg

The_Witcher_3_Super-Resolution_2021.03.07_-_23.01.07.63.jpg

TheZink

Just finished Gears Hivebusters and God of War(which I loved). Started Days Gone but I’m not feeling it. May go for Dark Souls next.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad game. I've just never understood the hype surrounding it. Like, some levels just looks exactly the same. The AI is still amazing, even to this day so there is that. I want to like Halo because I'm dying for a good single player FPS. But it's just not scratching the itch at all. The guns feel...meh.
It formed the groundwork that most console FPS have followed, so it doesn't feel nearly as great 20 years on. At the time, it was groundbreaking for doing things than now seem obvious

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm glad that I didn't get the true ending in Persona 5 Royal the first time I played it.
I just finished my new game plus run and now after 172 hours I have the platinum trophy and was able to do a lot of things that I missed the first time around. This is now one of my favorite RPGs of all time!

HE1NZ

Banned
Drakengard 2 (PS2).

I kinda hate it, but I'm marathoning Drakengard/Nier series, so I'm going to finish it on easy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Drakengard 2 (PS2).

I kinda hate it, but I'm marathoning Drakengard/Nier series, so I'm going to finish it on easy.
That’s the game Yoko Taro didn’t worked on and it takes place after original Drakengard ‘s first ending. 2nd game is no longer canon to NieR or future Drakengard series.

Josemayuste

Demon's Souls, and Remnant from the ashes complete edition on PS5, Hades on Switch, and some Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 on Xbox One X.

Remnant was a nice little surprise, I've ended up liking it a lot, Hades is a cool take on the roguelike genre, and Sunset and Dead Rising 3 have been scratching that arcade feel that I like too, specially Sunset Overdrive.

Oh, and I've yet to play Dragon Age Origins ultimate ed. too, soon on One X.

dorkimoe

Still powering through Ac Valhalla (stupid locked doors and underground shit)

also started greedfall, it really needs an FPS update. Coming from ass creed the jittery 30fps is making me dizzy

GeekyDad

Playing through SMT IV after meaning to many years ago. Really really difficult opening but I’m getting better. Just have to save super super often as you can get some really unlucky RNG and be wiped.
Just remember, exploiting weakness is everything. ;)

Old Empire.

A Plague Tale Innocence.
Really impressed with the visual quality and controls and gameplay. This is a hidden gem more people should play it. Only for gamepass probably would never have!

ssringo

Finally went back and started working through Dragon Quest 11. Just got Jade back during act 2 (about 40 hours played). Pretty good.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I finished Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 yesterday and now I'm finishing up Control. I also installed Sniper Elite 4 again to play with friends.

Top Bottom