• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

RAIDEN1

That game takes a while to get the hang of but it's fantastic.
Yeah you can say that again, it does take a while, especially landing, first you have to seek permission etc...just wish there were more alien races, and it was like the next Wing Commander...that said instead of this I think I would enjoy Rebel Galaxy Outlaw better, has a more pick up and play feel to it...if there was a game like Elite but had the variety of races like Mass Effect that would be awesome..

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
KFc74LA.jpg

G2GFAST

thatJohann

Playing Knack on PS5. Having a great time. Simple mechanics. Locked 60fps. Nice difficulty. Just what I needed after the 80 hour insanity of Valhalla.

Playing Knack on PS5. Having a great time. Simple mechanics. Locked 60fps. Nice difficulty. Just what I needed after the 80 hour insanity of Valhalla.
I think you found the only way to make Knack seem like a good game. Put yourself through the torture of playing all of Assassin's Creed Valhalla first.

I replayed Dawn of War 2 and finished Chaos Rising for the first time. A bit tired of the DOW2 model so I decided.to finally install Dawn of War 3.
It's worse than I thought, hearing all the negativity since it was revealed. It looks and feels like a mobile game with none of the addictive hooks. It's so bad I uninstalled it in the middle of the third mission and went back to Dawn of War 1, which looks and plays better. I already exploded my way through its first four missions.
They really fucked up with DOW3 and the guy in charge of that was rehired for Age of Empires 4 lmao

Phase

Currently playing The Witcher 1. Actually looks way better than I expected. The combat is okay (i.e. pretty boring), but the game has great atmosphere. I'll probably start Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch very soon as well.

I want to get those two done before I build my new PC, then I'll be starting The Division 2 and Anthem on the new build.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Currently playing The Witcher 1. Actually looks way better than I expected. The combat is okay (i.e. pretty boring), but the game has great atmosphere. I'll probably start Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch very soon as well.

I want to get those two done before I build my new PC, then I'll be starting The Division 2 and Anthem on the new build.
Witcher 1 is amazing. Took me a while to get into it as well but once I was through I liked it so much that I restarted and beat it again immediately.

Mr Hyde

Ghost of Tsushima

Hard to believe this is a last gen game. Looks absolutely stunning. Next gen material. I'm constantly finding myself just stopping to take the scenery in. Sucker Punch showing off graphical prowess like never before. 60 fps doesn't hurt either. I'm sure in for a ride with thus one.

Bartski

Gold Member
Back to Sekiro to finally check the update from October!
I knew I have to re-learn the game after not touching it for over a year, so I went with the hardest NG possible (no kuro charm + demon bell right after 1st ogre), spent last weekend getting DESTROYED but I'm almost at the end.

Yesterday I beat all 3 main Gauntlets and with plenty of Reflections mode practice on my main save. Feels absolutely great 'cause that shit was HARD.
The "Inner" versions of Genichiro, Father Owl and Isshin are just amazing and kicked my ass. I might try the final unlocked gauntlet but I feel like beating 17 bosses without dying is just way too much...

I just love this game. On a FROM fever waiting for Elden Ring news and looks like I might be replaying Bloodborne next!

Armorian

Banned
Persona 5 Ultimate (and "normal") is on -85% sale in Europe:

Zrzutekranu202103071.png

So fuck PS3 version. I will lose 60 fps but it's not really needed for turn based RPG...

Sad that Royal is full price, but I'm not paying nearly 4x for that :messenger_expressionless:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Replaying Uncharted 4 on PS4. I shit on the Sam element of this game, and Chapter 8 is one unholy slog in my opinion, but chapter 10 is class. The gameplay is good, particularly the driving on chapter 10, very weighty and realistic handling. Good chill out game

Moving towards the end at Dark Souls 3.

Beat the nameless king yesterday. The fight was epic as shit. Struggled for quite a while with my greatsword (it just take too long to swing and the breaks in his attacks are too short for that) but then switched to my ol‘ Claymore +10 and took him down after a handful of tried. Sweat was drippin due to all the dodging.

Nameless King is such a fucking great boss. Back in the day I had some great giant flame-resistant shield that literally sponged all of his attacks, I used to join people and help them out. Made the fight an absolute cake walk.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Replaying Uncharted 4 on PS4. I shit on the Sam element of this game, and Chapter 8 is one unholy slog in my opinion, but chapter 10 is class. The gameplay is good, particularly the driving on chapter 10, very weighty and realistic handling. Good chill out game

Nameless King is such a fucking great boss. Back in the day I had some great giant flame-resistant shield that literally sponged all of his attacks, I used to join people and help them out. Made the fight an absolute cake walk.
Yeah, think it was one of the coolest fights in the entire series. Not the most difficult one but simply epic.

@topic: Last of of Us 2

The first 2 hours of this game were super lame but ever since Ellie left Jackson behind the game has been amazing.

stn

Back to Sekiro to finally check the update from October!
I knew I have to re-learn the game after not touching it for over a year, so I went with the hardest NG possible (no kuro charm + demon bell right after 1st ogre), spent last weekend getting DESTROYED but I'm almost at the end.

Yesterday I beat all 3 main Gauntlets and with plenty of Reflections mode practice on my main save. Feels absolutely great 'cause that shit was HARD.
The "Inner" versions of Genichiro, Father Owl and Isshin are just amazing and kicked my ass. I might try the final unlocked gauntlet but I feel like beating 17 bosses without dying is just way too much...

I just love this game. On a FROM fever waiting for Elden Ring news and looks like I might be replaying Bloodborne next!
Same here! Though I'm doing my first play through, making my way slowly. Just got to the main castle.

Rippa

Just finished up Mortal Shell Enhanced on PS5.

It was a pretty decent “souls fix” that I needed. Pretty short but overall fun.

Im thinking of finally getting platinum for God of War on PS5.

Last edited:

Doczu

Gave Dying Light a second chance. Bought it years back on the PS4, but for whatever reason i've dumped it after a few missions. Gave it a bit more than two hours and i'm having a real blast.
Best zombie game this gen, just pure sandbox fun.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm stuck in a kinda gaming rut. I want to play something but I'm not in the mood to play anything. Nothing large or elaborate definitely not an RPG. I find myself super exhausted lately when I sit down to game so I don't have the energy or attention span for RPGs.

So I've been running through short quick games.

I tried to mix it up and finally play AC Unity, but I just wasn't into it. I beat Valhalla earlier this year, but I thought since AC changed so much it wouldn't feel redundant. I tried to play the game Raji, but I think it kinda sucks.

Kind of in the mood for something Zelda like. Was thinking about either picking Darksiders 2 back up or playing the game Hob. Maybe Undertale. I know Undertale is an RPG, but I've heard it's not very long, so I think I could get through it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm stuck in a kinda gaming rut. I want to play something but I'm not in the mood to play anything. Nothing large or elaborate definitely not an RPG. I find myself super exhausted lately when I sit down to game so I don't have the energy or attention span for RPGs.
Then you better off taking break from gaming instead of forcing yourself to play something.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Then you better off taking break from gaming instead of forcing yourself to play something.
I want to game, just something relaxing that doesn't require a lot of reading, high attention span, or any tediousness like grinding. I got through Ministry of Broadcast fine, I enjoyed my time with it.

Danjin44

I want to game, just something relaxing that doesn't require a lot of reading, high attention span, or any tediousness like grinding. I got through Ministry of Broadcast fine, I enjoyed my time with it.
I don't know if you own Switch or if you are in to Nintnedo games but I recommend Luigi's Mansion 3, the game is not difficult or that long but it has some clever puzzles and nice boss fights.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't know if you own Switch or if you are in to Nintnedo games but I recommend Luigi's Mansion 3, the game is not difficult or that long but it has some clever puzzles and nice boss fights.
I do, I beat it back in 2019 but I really liked it.

Right now I'm thinking about trying Hob Definitive Edition on Switch.

Well since ps4 is about to die, i can't finish days gone, ghost of tushima and countless backlog - and since scalpers and bots prevent me from getting a ps5 i can't play anything there. ( im not buying a ps4 to replace it when ps5 has BC. And so mad at these asshole scalpers, bots and retailers for not doing better or making queues).
Rebought a ton of games for cheap on steam and gog winter sales, that i already owned on ps4.

Luckily I built a new pc, and bought a quest2.

Currently playing:

PC: Assassins Creed Odyssey and sticking with it. Dabbling into Anno 1800.

Quest 2: RacketNx (one of the best vr workout games. You are in a sphere hitting a ball against shapes on the wall with a racket. Has campagin, arcade and two player co-op and pvp, highly recommended, plus its cheap.)
- Also playing Subnautica VR, VRFishing, Asgards Wrath, Half-Life 1 vr, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Switch: Super mario 3D world (was pleasantly surprised as I was reluctant to getting it, thought it was only co-op focused, really fun game).
Bravely Default 2 - Fun retro inspired JRPG.

Games i go back to when i just want to play something quick:
Curse of the Dead Gods - Sleeper hit, just like Hades but different. Highly Recommended.
Shiren tMystery Dungeon - One of the greatest roguelikes for console
Dead Cells - A metroidvania roguelike with a huge variety of gear, levels and enemies. This game never gets old!!!

I better hurry up and beat something on switch as I will be getting Battle Brothers and Kingdom of Amaluar this week and next on switch.
Plus debating picking up mario maker 2 as its on sale. Damn you sales, lol...

Yes, I have game purchasing addiction. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for steam, eshop, and psn sales. Quest hardly has sales so i don't buy much from there, and rarely buy games for full price.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Try Hyper Light Drifter. It's short, has no text at all and it's like a classic Zelda game, but more action oriented.

Mr Hyde

Been playing GoT now for a couple of hours and I'm totally floored by the level of quality here. The game is so engrossing it's hard to stop playing. The story is so good, you really feel with Jin and his journey to liberate Tsushima from those pesky Mongolians.

The world is so beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I'm going bonkers with the photo mode, zapping pictures left and right, with bleeding sunsets, blossoming trees and falling leaves everywhere I go. It's the most beautiful game I've ever played. Feels more like a launch game for PS5 than a last gen game for PS4.

I love the exploring. I love the way the wind shows the way. The interaction with nature and birds and foxes showing you important places and treasures.

The epic duels. The combat. Everything comes together like clockwork. So far this game is a masterpiece. Takes open world games to a whole new level. SP is some godamn wizards.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s been kinda random lately. I was playing the Resident Evil Remake this morning. Got the Switch achievement for killing that Crimson Head near the save room on the first floor of the mansion. I love the atmosphere of this game and stuff like burning a map onto a wooden plank. I was playing more NiOh and switched over to RE7. It’s crazy how much faster progression is on this playthrough. In the garage I went straight for the key. When I first played it I was running around trying to fight one on one. It makes me wonder if Ethan’s hand is completely healed in Village. I was playing some Capcom classic games like Avengers (the top down beat ‘Em up) and Black Tiger. I also hopped back onto my Dark Souls session on the Switch. I tried getting the items by sneaking past that large corpse near the Valley of Drakes and got slammed. Have to restart at the bonfire in Blighttown. I’m making my way to Sen’s Fortress.
Been playing GoT now for a couple of hours and I'm totally floored by the level of quality here. The game is so engrossing it's hard to stop playing. The story is so good, you really feel with Jin and his journey to liberate Tsushima from those pesky Mongolians.

The world is so beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I'm going bonkers with the photo mode, zapping pictures left and right, with bleeding sunsets, blossoming trees and falling leaves everywhere I go. It's the most beautiful game I've ever played. Feels more like a launch game for PS5 than a last gen game for PS4.

I love the exploring. I love the way the wind shows the way. The interaction with nature and birds and foxes showing you important places and treasures.

The epic duels. The combat. Everything comes together like clockwork. So far this game is a masterpiece. Takes open world games to a whole new level. SP is some godamn wizards.

I loved my time with the game. My wife even did a complete playthrough of it. She made sure she didn’t miss a single side quest.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Sekiro (again) - Still my top FROM/Miyazaki game. It's where they really nailed the quality of the combat and I preferred the slightly more focused story-telling with the usual abstract nature of Miyazaki's games- it fits the setting, too.

Danjin44

Sekiro (again) - Still my top FROM/Miyazaki game. It's where they really nailed the quality of the combat and I preferred the slightly more focused story-telling with the usual abstract nature of Miyazaki's games- it fits the setting, too.
The combat in Sekiro is absolutely sublime.

Thurible

Pokemon Ruby. A good friend gifted me it and I'm sure they know gen 3 is my jam (I have all 5 mainline gen 3 gba games now. Emerald is my fav in the series). It's nice getting reacquainted with RSE after sword and shield.

Dr. Suchong

Finished that one relatively recently and I enjoyed it.

I also tried Oceanhorn, but wasn't into it. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point.
I finished Oceanhorn last year.
Not great. Not terrible. A real "Meat n potatoes" game.
I'd leave it if I were you. Just my humble opinion :)

Top Bottom