• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Autumn Mountain now in Paper Mario. It's really fucking good so far. It has such a positive vibe around it, you can't stop smiling when playing, the writing is funny and witty, the world is beautiful and fun to explore, combat is clever and engaging. Overall good packaging with a fun and relaxing adventure feel over it.

Aurelius

Finally finished Breath of the Wild after a year and a half. Picked up Everybody’s Golf again. Waiting for a sale for Ghost of Tsushima. I am thinking about playing Resident Evil 2, but Mr. X makes me nervous.

kunonabi

About to finish up Yakuza 5 and then I'll hit the 25th Ward and Yakuza 6.

Playing a bunch of Samurai Shodown as well. I've also been messing around with DBFZ thanks to the new patch.

Orta

Banned
Blind purchased Duke Nukem 3D for the Switch. Smooth as a baby's arse it is so I'm delighted. Graphical clean up and extra levels too. Only cost €7 with my points.

Absolute bargain.

18ce87cdbc64526dd967ea5b7bd44e0ec4115d35a9650c8afa9185081dfbd2a5.jpg

Just bought
Spiderman 2 XBOX -$10
Ulitmate Spiderman Xbox - $15
Hulk Ultimate Destruction Xbox - $20
Batman Bold and Brave Wii - $15
The Suffering Ties that Bind Xbox - $10
Battlefield Bad Company 2 360 -$10
Brutal Legend 360 -$10
Man I love retro gaming, get so much great games for so cheap.

GeekyDad

Started Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS). I think the only other 3DS Pokemon I played was X/Y, and though Diamond is still my favorite Pokemon game, especially visually, I really do love the visuals of the 3DS battles. It's a great-looking game either way. I just needed some lightheartedness, which Pokemon does so well.
3DS_Pokemon-ORAS_05.jpg

Started with Torchic ('cause he's the cutest of these three...and he's fire :D). Named 'em Itchy.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I have gotten shamefully addicted to grinding camos in Modern Warfare. I've never gotten this addicted to a COD game before.

I am gonna be sad when they drop support for this game in favor of Cold War...

J-Roderton

Just Project Cars 3 at the moment for me.

I have gotten shamefully addicted to grinding camos in Modern Warfare. I've never gotten this addicted to a COD game before.

I am gonna be sad when they drop support for this game in favor of Cold War...

Screw those long shot kill requirements. Always had the most trouble with those.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Just Project Cars 3 at the moment for me.

Screw those long shot kill requirements. Always had the most trouble with those.

They are such a pain in the ass. For SMGs I discovered a sort of "hack". You just throw on the VLK scope and shoot down the middle lane on Shoothouse. Surprisingly easy to beat actual snipers with the hidden recoil control of the VLK.

Bombolone

Gold Member
I'm trying to get through my backlog. Rushing through Mad Max, have to stop myself from getting everything done. Just focus on the Story Missions.

Hooking up my PC again and will be going through Bioshock 1 & 2

FunkMiller

Currently running a Dark Souls 3 dex build, which I’m enjoying immensely. First time I’ve played the game in a couple of years, and making sure to cover every area.

Been bitch slapping bosses with my sharp infused Lothric Knight Sword, which is very strong even at +6. I was kinda disappointed with DS3 first couple of times around, but liking it more now. Went for quality builds too much in the past, which didn’t really give me the kind of game pace I like.

lachesis

I gave up on RE7 for now - for some reason, too scared and not too motivated... Will definitely pickup later day - but started playing 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim!

Roberts

Late to the party, but I finally sat down and played Ps4's Spider-Man all the way through. Tried it before, but it didn't really click with me; now I played it on my own terms, mostly just focusing on the main storyline and an occasional task that happened to be on my way. Worked so much better and I think it's a pretty solid 8/10 game. Miles and MJ sections kind of sucked, but I guess they wanted you to take a break from all the swinging around the city.

GametimeUK

A crazy thing has happened. I never want to play sequels immediately after finishing a game.

I finished Halo 2 and want to play 3 (currently 2 missions deep).

I finished A Link to the Past and booted up an old OOT 3DS save from 2011 where I was at the end of the game and finished that. I have now started Twilight Princess and am thinking about A Link Between World's.

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest and want to buy the sequel.

It's crazy right now. Haha.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just wrapped up Uncharted 4 (kind of sucks), and am now going through SM2018. I really like the game, I think it's honestly great and one of the best open world games. I'm not a fan of capeshit but this game is excellent and a blast to play. EXCEPT... right now... NYC all jacked up... in quarantine.. .garbage piles on the street... roving bands of criminals... it hits a little too close to home.

Im bouncing between a few games but since I secured a next gen pre order I'm finding it difficult to play anything because everytime I see a load screen I think "fuck it ill just wait a few weeks and won't have to deal with that shit as much and it'll probably look/perform better."

Hakiroto

I'm still currently playing Ghost of Tsushima (and really enjoying it) but I'm feeling the constant pull of my backlog on my PC. That said, once I'm done with GoT, I'll likely ignore my backlog and finally buy/play NieR:Automata.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I'm still currently playing Ghost of Tsushima (and really enjoying it) but I'm feeling the constant pull of my backlog on my PC. That said, once I'm done with GoT, I'll likely ignore my backlog and finally buy/play NieR:Automata.
Backlog's a bitch. Spent a huge chunk of the last year to get rid of mine. Down to 10 games now after completing Diablo yesterday. What a breath of fresh air. I'm acutally at the point where I know all the games I still have to play.

@topic: Now getting back into Spyro 3. Gonna complete and plat it quick. Loved part 2 and this just seems more of the same.

Last edited:

Hakiroto

Backlog's a bitch. Spent a huge chunk of the last year to get rid of mine. Down to 10 games now after completing Diablo yesterday. What a breath of fresh air. I'm acutally at the point where I know all the games I still have to play.

@topic: Now getting back into Spyro 3. Gonna complete and plat it quick. Loved part 2 and this just seems more of the same.

That's great. Having just 10 is fairly manageable. I've made my peace with having a backlog of games on my PC. I know I'll never get through them all, especially with Game Pass. Off the top of my head, the games I have lined up to play on PC are, in no particular order, Resident Evil 2, NieR:Automata, Metro Exodus, Spelunky 2, (more) Hades, Tell Me Why, Mortal Kombat 11, Darksiders Genesis, The Messenger, and the most recent DLC for Control (man, that game is so good!).

Let's not forget, though, that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't that far away now so I don't see that list going anywhere this year.

drganon

Got super mario 3d all stars, so I've been playing some of that, mainly galaxy. Also caligula effect overdose, twisted metal black, and xenoblade chronicles de.

Andodalf

Banned
FINALLY beat Shadow of the Tomb raider. As a game I feel like Rise was a lot better, but I apricate their attempt at making the story more personal.

Malachai

Finding it hard to prise myself away from MW mp but did manage to finally finish Borderlands 3 and have a good few hours on Hades on the Switch which is brilliant.

MastaKiiLA

Still playing DragonSky on Android. It's been 5 months, and for the first time, I've been able to stay in PVP group. It's probably another month or 2 before i can even dream of making the top league, but I've made some great progress. I need to start superboosting my binds next month, before I can get there.

Batiman

Banned
Bouncing between Alien isolation and spelunky 2. Loving the hell out of both. I never play horror games and only downloaded AI just to try it out from gamepass. For some reason I’m stuck with this anxiety inducing game. I’m actually almost finished it. Spelunky 2 is a masterpiece. The first one is one of my goats and this one is gen better. I thought it would be easy for me because I mastered the first one. But nah, this is hard. Gotta relearn everything. Haven’t even cleared the second world yet.

Just finished Gravity Rush 2.

Meh.

Very disappointing for me, especially after such a great first game. The middle section was great fun and more like the first game, but the third act was just ... utter crap. Shame.

Amory

Been playing Ori & the Blind Forest on pc

Game is incredible. I expected to like the artwork but everything about it is excellent. Looking forward to playing the sequel next

AetherMage

Just got Gamepass. Been playing Ori & The Blind Forest. Great so far. Love the artstyle. Ori & The Will of the Wisps and Star Renegades are next.

starch0n

Neo Member
Playing Art of Rally at the moment, it's quite hard for me as I have never played any rally game before, but it's really fun.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Finally got around to playing more Wasteland 3 last night and started Mafia Definitive Edition a few hours ago.

Still clearing out some of my backlog to make way for upcoming generation.

Soodanim

I started playing RE5 (PC). Haven’t played since PS3, and with the filter removal patch it looks so much better. Still not the best game, but it’s fun to play while I watch Always Sunny on the other screen.

chikydee

Neo Member
Wait! Life is beautiful. Well, I was playing it about half an hour ago, just finished. It's a very short game. Good though, unique take on the sensitive topic of suicide.

HE1NZ

Banned
God of War (PS4)
It's kinda tiresome. Dissapointed with sluggish combat. Loot system reminds me of Destiny. I feel like it would be rated 7.5 if it wasn't a Sony exclusive.

Top Bottom