• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Riozel

Neo Member
Warzone. Wanted to give it a try since it's free, I was expecting to hate it but it's been really fun. Can't win at all though.

Tschumi

Still working through Persona 4 with my girl, I've sneakily got Persona 3 Portable with Adrenaline in my other Vita, having good time picking through that in my commutes to work~

Also gave up trying to get free mcboot to work on my ps2 for now so I'm playing FFXII The Zodiac Age port with a gamepad plugged into my laptop in my tv.

Just finished my Assassin's Creed Series Playthrough! It took me 4 months and about 315 hours of playtime total, but I loved every minute of it.

I loved them all and my final ranking is:
  1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  4. Assassin's Creed III
  5. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  6. Assassin's Creed
  7. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  8. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  9. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  10. Assassin's Creed Origins
  11. Assassin's Creed Rogue
Now that I've finished AC, I'm going through a lot of PS4 exclusives I hadn't got to so far for whatever reason. I started Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time this week and I'm addicted. I've already put in 14 hours and I think I'm on main mission 17. The game is legit beautiful and I'm continually amazed by the graphics and gameplay. Guerilla absolutely nailed it and I can't wait to see more of Horizon II.

Once I finish up, I'm going to play Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, Detroit: Become Human, Until Dawn, and the RE2 Remake.

Last edited:

Thurible

I'm playing Zombi U and I honestly feel frustrated. Sometimes I get into areas with a lot of zombies and I die, so I keep returning to get my stuff back and keep dying over and over. Then when I clear an area and recover my body, my items arent there anymore and are scattered in unknown places. When I explore areas, often I just find items not worth the trip and a ton of zombies. Also, with the way it is set up I have to try to conserve ammo so I just keep having to use the cricket bat, which is kind of tedious in use as you keep bashing zombies on the head hoping they will finally die. It's also terrible when it comes to more than one zombie, which it is easy to find yourself in a horde.

Right now I am close to the end after collecting all of Dee's letters (which was incredibly hard as there is no exact location given in game, just hints from the cc tv that it is around an area. Also, I couldn't even find all the cc tv locations for the map, some of them are in obscure places and I just don't know where they are so I have a blank map.) I am currently stuck trying to hack open a door which won't work because there is a signal jammer somewhere. The rooms are surrounded by zombies with some super zombies in the mix so I have to run around and dodge while I'm trying to find this thing, it's a bit annoying :/

SpiceRacz

Lots of League of Legends and Gamecube stuff - Mario Sunshine and F-Zero GX mainly. Bought Mirrors Edge Catalyst today and gonna start that tonight. Saw a thread on the series earlier this week, I think, and it piqued my interest. I'm going into it with zero expectations.

sol_bad

I finally finished the American Super Mario Bros 2, I've finished it 4 times now actually.
Figuring out the roulette mini game between stages makes it extremely easy, I managed to accrue 54 lives at least in a single play though.
It's by far the easiest Mario game on the NES.

Next on the list are the Super Mario Land games on GB and Super Mario World for SNES.

bender

What time is it?
New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe - I remember thinking this was on okay game on the Wii U but I'm actively disliking my time with it. Maybe I'll like the Luigi stuff better.

Nico_D

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night. I thought it was pretty good, story was interesting and well written for a fairly typical AI story.

Hated human combat, it felt such a hoarde spam. Fighting the machine was really fun tho and I didn't get tired of that.

Cliffhanger ending was stupid. Imo no place for cliffhangers in games - and this one went a bit into a realm of magic. It didn't make sense in the world they had created.

SpiceRacz

I finally finished the American Super Mario Bros 2, I've finished it 4 times now actually.
Figuring out the roulette mini game between stages makes it extremely easy, I managed to accrue 54 lives at least in a single play though.
It's by far the easiest Mario game on the NES.

Next on the list are the Super Mario Land games on GB and Super Mario World for SNES.

Make sure you play the DX versions of Mario Land 1 & 2.

D4wij2tX4AEBVca.jpg-large.jpeg

Sleepwalker

Beat Quantum Break, was decent. It got kinda boring near the end. Thankfully it is a short game. The "TV show" thing is annoying, should've just gave you the whole thing as if it was 1 movie but at the end of the game instead of cutting you out of the game play loop and having you sit through 30 mins (i think?) of streamed video.

I liked some aspects of the game and thought it has some promise but I guess the franchise is dead now. Control is definitely a better game though, at least.

Good ranking. That said, your placement of Brotherhood and Revelations surprises me, especially the former. Very glad to see Unity so high. It deserves that.

Thanks! To be fair, I love them all, but I just really didn't care for the story in Brotherhood. It was cool to see Ezio create his Brotherhood, but Borgia was an eh villain (kills Rodrigo with an apple...lol) and the whole "is Machiavelli a traitor" plot didn't hit for me. It felt like an expansion of 2, not a full game.

Conversely, Revelations had a GREAT story and the connections with Altair and Desmond were perfection. I enjoyed the hook blade, Ezio's relationship with Sofia, and the opening section in Masayaf was bliss.

When thinking about my favorite games in the series, I had to put Unity near the top. The story isn't as good as II or IV, but the gameplay, city, graphics, and traversal are amazing. I've never seen a city with more npcs than Paris, the series got a crouch button for the first time (!!!), and the combat was actually challenging. But on top of it all, the black box assassination missions were easily the best in the series.

Kind of a controversial take, but I didn't enjoy Origins as much as I thought I would. I HATED grinding materials to level up the hidden blade, and the level thresholds for missions really rubbed me the wrong way. I still haven't played the DLC because I don't want to grind levels to be strong enough. It also didn't really set up the assassinations as well as other games. I killed the first target by accident, thinking he was a normal enemy... I enjoyed Rogue a lot, but had to put it lower because the scope just doesn't compare.

Last edited:

VALCON 82

I am playing Bioshock 1 on PSNow.. Never played any of them back when they came out. i think my reasons for that was that i was under the impression at the time that they were a lot like Deadspace and im just not into those type games.

But im loving it so far and even though i can play all 3 on PSNow im thinking i might just get the Collection for PS4 so it all just runs smoother and looks better while doing so

I currently still play Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. It is such an amazing arcade fighter jet combat game. The sim-esque plane controls, the hilarious amount of munitions, the graphics, the music, gameplay! It may not have some of the best missions in the series, but the fun I have with that game is shocking. I play only in first person and I've gotten to the point where I can control the camera fluidly like I'm turning my head around in the cockpit.

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME.
11/10.
Desperately want AC8 ASAP

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Was that the one where Kratos is in a prison castle thing made out of a giant dude? How is that game? It's the only one in the series I never played
It‘s certainly the weirdest game in the series. Unlike the others the beginning is actually the worst part of it but it then gets better and better with every hour.

I got back to Hyrule Warriors DE last week, for... obvious reasons.
The grind for materials in the end game is still terrible (guess I won't have all badges on all characters...) so for the moment I'm mostly trying to get all the last hardmode skulltulas from the story. I already did all adventure maps 100%, save for the rewards map obviously (since I don't have all illustrations completed).

pretty good at killing drakes, and those shadow lich warriors are getting pretty easy too...killed a giant blob and a few more lich things then died to one

great game...i love this eagle shield, makes a high damage cleave with an axe, or stab with a straight blade super easy without risking a parry to riposte

would be nice to find a bonfire in the lich place soon...but that usually means fighting back out is hard...honestly great design

found an orange door at the bottom of the catacombs...gotta figure out what that's about...avoiding google cause what's the point

found a pyro spell...maybe i'll find the casting item soon

R6Rider

Gold Member
Me and some friends decided to install Battlefield 4 again for the 30th time. Even with limited player base (we play on PS4) it's fun as hell to just mess around.

Otherwise finally getting around to playing hte R&C PS4 reboot and still enjoying Siege with the new season and Fall Guys.

Roberts

Finished Wasteland 3. Amazing game and by the far the most addictive one I have played this year (And I really loved Ori). Resumed playing Tell Me Why. Got to the third chapter. It is not my type of game, but it is very good at what it does, basically being one interactive empathy machine.

Neolombax

SAO Alicization Lycoris. Decided to drop all GaaS games at the moment to play this. With the updates, the performance is now quite decent on the base PS4. Im liking this game quite a bit.

Petopia

Banned
Yakuza Kiwami - Great remake of a great game. But also kinda rough playing it immediately after Yakuza 0. The franchise got a lot better with the second game, and having one character in only one playable location immediately feels like a reminder that it is the oldest game in the franchise. Some of the boss fights are overly long spam festivals too. If this had been released further apart from Yakuza 0, it wouldn't be suffering so much by comparison.
Highly disagree but its your opinion though since you played like a dragon 0 first.

Nico_D

Assassin's Creed 2. It is still a damn good game, far better than any modern AC. Combat is clunky though but as far as I remember, it gets a lot better in Brotherhood.

There's many my favorite AC mechanics in the second game and climbing is far more believable and puzzle-like and not near flying like in Odyssey.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
AC2 was the last impressionable AC for me. Maybe Revelations was.

I am playing through Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. The scale of the maps are the best part. Currently on Chapter 7.

OneBigPuss

Im replaying Prince of Persia from Sands of Time to The Forgotten Sands.Im at The Two Thrones atm.Ghost of Tsushima very slowly too

drganon

Made some progress in xenoblade chronicles de. Also been playing the caligula effect overdose. Its been pretty good so far. Gave up on valkyria chronicles. It was fun up until I hit a difficulty spike and got frustrated and deleted the game off my ps4. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer fire emblem's grid style of sjrpg over valkyria chronicles third person thing.

Top Bottom