• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Bombolone

Gold Member
Just picked up Ratchet & Clank and Nioh for $20 off PSN

In my rotation

Nier Automata
Nioh
R & C
Hitman 1/2

Hitman is one of my GOTG. Having a lot of fun with that.

Nier Automata is scratching that Japanese itch atm.

R & C is my mindless, Disney fun when I feel like I'm over extending myself.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Replaying Assassins Creed Origins.
Thinking of finally buying AC Odyssey as it is on sale for 35 bucks (Gold Edition)

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
I just picked up and finished Fallout 4 on PS4. ... Platinumed it.

Amazing game. I dropped it back in 2016 due to horrible performance.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm playing The Avengers on Xbox primarily now. Great game.

On the rotation is Ghost of Tsushima on PS4
Mario:The Origami King, Messenger, Assassins Creed Black Flag on Switch
Picked up Phantom Brave and Deadly Creatures for the Wii

Bryank75

Banned
Man Eater... I needed something more arcade-y and just some mindless fun. I used to be obsessed with sharks as a kid, so this is my type of shit.

Sleepwalker

Is remnant any good Sleepwalker Sleepwalker ? Watched a few YouTube vids but cant decide
It's ok. Not great, not bad. A decent souls-like with guns. The environments are fairly uninspired though and the world feels a bit empty. It does play well, though.

Pretty much this, the gameplay is solid and fun though, the story hasn't really grabbed me yet but it's also not terrible as far as I've seen. If you have friends to play with, the game becomes 10x better in my opinion. Worth playing.

TexMex

Did you have to save scum or anything for the plat?

I got the plat as well. Save scumming isn't necessary because it's easy overall, but it saves the second play through because if memory serves you need to ally with a particular faction, and going with one blocks out the other.

The only real pain I remember was getting settlement happiness to max.

cormack12

Gold Member
I got the plat as well. Save scumming isn't necessary because it's easy overall, but it saves the second play through because if memory serves you need to ally with a particular faction, and going with one blocks out the other.

The only real pain I remember was getting settlement happiness to max.

So, 2 playthroughs pretty much? Male and Female

Shubh_C63

Literally nothing.
Offices are open but I guess I have to finish Izanagi burden, Xeno and Truth quests asap in Destiny.

The Shepard

Going old school atm with the wonderful Tony hawks remakes on ps4 and original sillent Hill on the ps vita which has hilarious voice acting but the games aged better than I thought it would.

Just realised aswell they both originally came out in the same year.

Last edited:

marcincz

Control, but i must agree with a few people from this thread. That's a game for 7-8/10. I expected something much better from Remedy after 8 h in this title.

Next I am going to start echochrome on my PSP and Mutant Year Zero on XBO.

Barneyco

I'm on the second Act on Ghost Of Tsushima. (Might powerthru the main quest as the side missions where you have to save towns, farms etc can be repetitive and very copy paste)
I'm also on a 3rd playthru of The Last Of Us 2 on grounded mode.
I'm getting burned out on the sidequests also. I just started chapter 2. Good luck.

Mr Hyde

Finished Bloodstained with Miriam. Amazing game. Iga knows exactly what his fans wants. This is Symphony of the Night through and through, except with fancier graphics. Absolutely brilliant. I'm definitely coming back for a second playthrough with Zangetsu.

Shrap

Playing through Wargroove after winning it on a giveaway here. I was a huge fan of Advance Wars so this is right up my alley. It doesn't feel as well balanced as Advance Wars and the dialogue is cringeworthy (I had to fully mute all the voices as they were annoying beyond belief) but the gameplay is still rock solid. I do wish there was more depth and unit variety but it still takes me back to the good old GBA days.

drganon

Man Eater... I needed something more arcade-y and just some mindless fun. I used to be obsessed with sharks as a kid, so this is my type of shit.
Same here. Some kids were into dinosaurs, I was into sharks. I even went so far as to have VHS recordings of all 4 jaws movies. I keep thinking about trying man eater, but I've already got so many effing games I need to play yet.

Bryank75

Banned
Same here. Some kids were into dinosaurs, I was into sharks. I even went so far as to have VHS recordings of all 4 jaws movies. I keep thinking about trying man eater, but I've already got so many effing games I need to play yet.
Wait for a sale, it's fun but quite grindy.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm randomly back into Nex Machina. It feels so difficult to master compared to other Housemarque games, but maybe more rewarding when you start to. I still can't seem to beat it on Experienced (without a continue) but it's getting really close.

xrnzaaas

Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm currently playing the remake and I'm struggling to understand why some people liked Cloud in the original. The guy is ice cold (yes I know you're a mercenary for fuck's sake, no need to repeat that for the 100th time) and an asshole in almost every conversation - Can you visit my wife's grave? - It's gonna cost you... :messenger_expressionless:

I never finished the original so unfortunately I can't compare the characters. The game is also too linear in many areas, it's a corridor after corridor after corridor. I truly enjoyed exploring only chapter 6 facility so far because it gave the option to find and visit many optional locations.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Continuing my dagger/bow/regen build on Dark Souls 3. Running with Brigand Twin daggers and they're a lot of fun, but it's very difficult due to their small size. Quickstep is really nice though, never used it but it's a godsend for doing backstabs. This will probably be the most difficult run I've ever made, but it's a fun challenge and keeps the game fresh. I'm also aiming for Corvian Greatknife , Lightning Bow and Sacred Oath to add to the artillery. Some bosses are gonna be rough as hell.

I just finished Resident Evil 7... I know I'm late to the party but for the longest time I refused to play it because I didn't consider it a true RE game. Well I'm stupid and I was wrong. The game is fan fucking tastic. Thanks Game Pass for allowing me to play it for free. I can't wait for Resident Evil 8 now.

ZZZZ

Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm currently playing the remake and I'm struggling to understand why some people liked Cloud in the original. The guy is ice cold (yes I know you're a mercenary for fuck's sake, no need to repeat that for the 100th time) and an asshole in almost every conversation - Can you visit my wife's grave? - It's gonna cost you... :messenger_expressionless:

I never finished the original so unfortunately I can't compare the characters. The game is also too linear in many areas, it's a corridor after corridor after corridor. I truly enjoyed exploring only chapter 6 facility so far because it gave the option to find and visit many optional locations.
Cloud is my favorite character of all time, xD. I guess it's up to interpretation, the first part of Remake doesn't explore his past though.
Edit: I think the only part in the Remake where they talk a little about his past is on chapter 2, when Cloud talks with Sephiroth, and chapter 4 during the flashback scene.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Star Renegades. Cool pixel art strategic turn-based combat Game Pass food. Surprisingly deep system of managing the initiative timeline of each turn.
Unfortunately, its roguelike structure is not working in its favor and it's a start from scratch every time you fail type of situation, which here feels like resetting hours of progress into the campaign...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Playing Bayonetta, which is feeling kinda hard mainly because of the camera... And my lack of skills in this kind of games. Still an enjoyable game, love the most action packed sequences and the humor.

Also Ikaruga, a game I love but never managed to beat. The music, the polarity mechanic and the chaining mechanic are just too good.
I'm at that point where I can reach Chapter 4 with two or three lifes, but get obliterated soon after. Will keep trying tho.

drganon

Beat Tokyo xanadu ex+. Overall, the game was alot of fun. Falcom does it again.

Still playing tony hawk. Beat the 1 part, now playing 2. Also been playing valkyria chronicles remastered. I'm not that good at it, but it's fun so far and I've been able to blunder my way through it so far.

Mr Hyde

My fancy regen build is coming along nicely in Dark Souls 3. Brigand Twin Daggers with Pontiffs left eye and Aldrich Sapphire works wonders and fill up both HP and FP regularly. I've also got a blessed Llewellyn shield for more regen and those sweet parries that I can't get enough of. Sharp infusion on daggers so they are doing good damage. They also got high crit damage so I'm regularly backstabbing and riposte.

I've arrived at my favorite location, Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. The view of the city when you exit Carthus is probably the most beautiful moment this gen. Absolutely mesmerizing. This level is all sorts of crazy and very lengthy with lots of goodies to collect. It's also where the first real obstacle presents itself. Sulyvahn.

CharlieTuna

Started playing Star Renegades on gamepass, because it looked cool, but the dialogue from the first 3 NPCs you encounter in this game is SO BAD and eyerolly that i immediately uninstalled.

magus2k

Neo Member
Playing Disgaea 5 for the platinum trophy, after that maybe finish FFX - 2.

Also i need to tone down playing on mobile since FGO and Epic 7 is eating away my free time.

Orta

Banned
Giving Sumo Digital's Hotshot Racing a go at the moment. It's an extremely simple arcade racer as you would expect from Sumo, but fun. Emohasis is in slipstreaming, drifting and apying your boosters at the right time. The simple flat shaded model-1 era polygons are obviously the star of the show and they do look nice but surprisingly the game suffers from frame rate problems on the Switch at least. Hopefully a patch will be along soon.

Nice little game, don't pay more than €10 for it though.

Hotshot-Racing_08-27-20.jpg

bender

What time is it?
Giving Sumo Digital's Hotshot Racing a go at the moment. It's an extremely simple arcade racer as you would expect from Sumo, but fun. Emohasis is in slipstreaming, drifting and apying your boosters at the right time. The simple flat shaded model-1 era polygons are obviously the star of the show and they do look nice but surprisingly the game suffers from frame rate problems on the Switch at least. Hopefully a patch will be along soon.

Nice little game, don't pay more than €10 for it though.

Hotshot-Racing_08-27-20.jpg

Played it on Gamepass. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The AI drafts you not to pass but rather to ram into rear end and/or pit maneuver you.

Mr Hyde

The world map in Dark Souls 3 has to be the coolest map I've ever experienced in a game. From the get go you can see most of the locations you visit and after Vordt you practically see the whole map. Everywhere you go go in the game, you see past landscapes and landmarks you visited, giving a superb feeling of adventure. It's absolutely phenomenal in its design, both the levels themselves and the overall world.

Anyway, I'm in Lothric Castle farming Sunlight Medals for Sacred Oath. Two more to go and it really sucks. The drop rate is fucking abysmal. Otherwise my build is going along nicely. 10+ sharp twin daggers, Pharis Bow, blessed Llewellyn shield and three stackable regen rings, left eye, evil eye and Sun ring. Couple that with Bountiful light and healing miracles, gentle prayer, and I rarely need to use Estus. It's so much fun, especially with the fast DPS of the daggers, racking up loads of health points.

Fucking love this game. I hope Bamco puts out a PS5 upgrade patch, taking advantage of the new tech.

Spokker

I bought one of those family game bundles on Xbox as well as Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy. They are various levels of shovelware but the price was right. They are fun to play online but it takes a little while to get a game going.

Top Bottom