• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
After that, you'll enjoy Sundered as well - has many of the same traits, minus the 40s cartoon looks.

Already played and beaten Sundered. It was good. Loved the artstyle and bosses. Not a fan of the roguelite elements, this game would've benefited from real designed maps. I wish games would ditch that annoying trend.

Already played and beaten Sundered. It was good. Loved the artstyle and bosses. Not a fan of the roguelite elements, this game would've benefited from real designed maps. I wish games would ditch that annoying trend.

I found it refreshing.

But Sundered has real designed maps: the overarching main level design is always the same (and thoughtful it is), it's only the small filler corridors connecting the larger areas that are surprising at each turn. Ever changing corridors go well with the descent into madness that comes with the Lovecraft mythos.

To me, Sundered surpassed Dust, Super Metroid and Castlevania SotN.

I'm currently on Act 3 of Spiderman, I just whooped Electro and Vulture. Once I finish with Spiderman I'll dig into Ghost of Tsushima, I already have the game installed. Hopefully I can also find some time to play a bit of Yakuza Kiwami 2 which just dropped on Gamepass. Owning multiple consoles is taxing sometimes.

T-Cake

Sniper Elite 4. Wasn't too long ago that I completed it on PS4 but I have the whole caboodle on Steam (DLC) so just doing it all over again.

After beating TLOU ad TLOU2 in quick succession (quick? took me 2 months lol), I need something a little lighter in my life.

So I'm going to try playing through LittleBigPlanet Karting. If my PS3 can download the damn thing, it's taking forever... anyone here played through it?

JRW

Death Stranding (PC), folks that pass it off as a 'walking simulator' are really missing out on something unique and addictive, im at 50 hours and only halfway through the main story due to so many side quest opportunities which also help you with leveling up your gear etc. Also looks and runs amazing on PC

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
folks that pass it off as a 'walking simulator' are really missing out on something unique
I would argue Death Stranding is the true walking simulator since it has actual mechanics to how you walk and think about what routes you need to take. Even game like Dear Ester are just camera hovering over environments with barely any interaction.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
two Hearthstone-ish games. Nowhere Prophet (edit: on Game Pass) is kind of like FTL+Hearthstone, Total War Elysium (beta on Steam) is like Hearthstone with elements I saw before in Gwent, Magic, etc

Last edited:
So I got a new laptop that is a bit more technological than a toaster and I'm able to play some games. I'm playing DUSK. It's amazing thus far, love the atmosphere, the movement, the MUSIC HOLY FUCK, the everything. I'm going to have so much fun with these boomer shooters. Amid Evil next!

Xesty

Neo Member
Death Stranding on my Acer Nitro 5 while waiting for my Switch to arrive.

I sometimes use GeForce Now to be able to play the game with max graphics and better performance, but the game already runs surprisingly well on my system.

drganon

Witcher 3 dlc and xenoblade chronicles de. Also tried playing hat in time, but ended up rage quiting after the first boss battle. I heard the game was super easy but that 2d style boss battle kept kicking my ass.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The Last of us 2 is really fucking good so far. Just arrived to Seattle and it's been one hell of a trip. Started out pretty slow, some character building, plot establishment and so on but it's been changing gears pretty fast now. The big chase from the infected was directed really fucking well. Super intense.

I gotta say, it's very interesting where they've taken the plot. Exciting stuff. Too bad I got major spoilt by fuck faces on the forum. Some scenes would have had greater impact for sure, had assholes not ruined the fun. But that's the fucking internet today.

Anyway, Naughty Dog are masters of their craft. The storytelling, the atmosphere, the directing, graphics, gameplay, animations, characters, everything is just so damn well done. They have a level of polish no studio can ever come close to.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Metroid Prime via Dolphin on PC with the Elite Controller. I actually feel kinda dirty doing that. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Took me a bit to find the best Dolphin version for it but now that I have it... Man, the game looks and runs superb on PC. Blows me away.

If someone from Nintendo is reading this: Do not judge me folks if you are incapable of bringing the Trilogy to the friggin Switch. I would have gladly paid for it.

TheContact

aside from WoW, Valorant, and OW, I started playing the psx version of star ocean 2 on my vita. Forgot how great this game is. the RPG elements are amazing.

Tschumi

i done got sucked in to WoW again on a fresh TBC server called Karazhan... you can find me on ally side with the same name as this account~

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The Last of us 2 continues to deliver. There have been a couple of really intense sequences recently. The car chase was extremely well done. It's fucking amazing how seamless everything is, from cut scene to gameplay, just goes in and out of eachother, so fluid and flawless it makes my jaw drop. I'm in awe at everyone of these moments.

The story is gripping and compelling, with sudden turn of events in every corner. Ellie is believable as a seasoned warrior, hell bent on her revenge quest. She gets banged up pretty good and overall it's one hell of an emotional ride.

I also love the little details that Naughty Dog puts in, like Ellie having a Playstation 3 with a copy of Jak and Daxter or one of the WLF soldiers playing Hotline Miami on a PSP on her break.

Stuff like that does so much for the atmosphere and immersion. It shows just how much care and love ND puts in their games. The attention to detail is second to none.

Last edited:
Just finished AC 1, AC 2, and am now playing Brotherhood for the first time. I seriously love it and Rome is amazing. It feels like a smoother AC 2.

Once I finish up, going through Revelations (also first time), AC 3 Remastered, Black Flag, and then Rogue (first time).

MrS

Banned
Cuphead - trying to beat all bosses on Expert.
Fall Guys - Just been fucking around trying it out. Quite fun but the novelty will wear off pretty quickly with this one.

Hostile_18

Banned
Just finished AC 1, AC 2, and am now playing Brotherhood for the first time. I seriously love it and Rome is amazing. It feels like a smoother AC 2.

Once I finish up, going through Revelations (also first time), AC 3 Remastered, Black Flag, and then Rogue (first time).

Do you not feel like you need a break between AC games? I tend to play and enjoy one game every few years 😊

Speaking of which just finished Spyro 1. I enjoyed it but not sure if I want to play anymore. Do 2 and 3 really mix things up?

Apart from that I'm playing through Blood and Truth on the PSVR. Its alot better playing that standing up (unlike most VR games).

stn

A mix of Destroy All Humans (PS4), Pokemon Shield (Switch), Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) and Nioh 2 (PS4).

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Speaking of which just finished Spyro 1. I enjoyed it but not sure if I want to play anymore. Do 2 and 3 really mix things up?
I'd say yes. The levels are bigger and you have actual tasks in them to complete. I enjoyed 1 as well but not nearly as much as 2. Give it a shot.

Last edited:
Death Stranding. I was shocked to see that I'm already 20 hours in. Time feels like it's flying by. I love building roads, making rope-paths, and dropping ladders across rocky gaps and deep rivers. It's a strange way to interact with the open world, but it works. It's essentially a mountaineer / climbing simulator, so the fact that you can do it multiplayer is cool. The Tomorrow Children had a similar "help out the community" mechanic but this works significantly better.

Orta

Banned
Hellbound. Big, dumb 90's inspired gore soaked shooter. The demo was a rush, pretty much the same here. Keep running and shooting and that seems to be it. I did read that the game contains only seven levels, I've done three in just over 30 minutes so I'm guessing another hour or so? Certainly the €10 price tag reflects such a possibility.

Hellbound-shooter-game.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I was playing Ghost of Tsushima but got bored after reaching ACT 2. I'm taking a break from playing video games.
This happened to me around the middle of Act II. Game is good but started to feel repetitive, so I went with:

Sekiro, replaying this for the first time and wtf, it's much, much easier than the first time.
I've reached the part where I need to climb Castle Ashina again and, at this point, I've beaten all bosses on first try, including both monkes.
It's astounding how once you know how to parry the game let's you feel like a totally overpowered shinobi.

Also, the first F.E.A.R on extreme difficulty. Got my ass handed a few times, but it feels very rewarding when you manage to wipe a full squad. Still a long way till I finish the game tho.

Vaelka

I was about to sub to WoW again because I wanted to play Classic but then the story about the shitty pay at Blizzard came out and it reminded me of how shitty they've become and I don't want to support that shit...

Hmmm.
Back to TW:Warhammer 2 I guess.

lachesis

Since finishing Persona 4 Golden on Steam a week ago or so - I've been taking break from playing games.
I think I will start on Resident Evil 7.

Unfortunately my body is not VR ready... :( I've tried with SeaBand, and had some ginger as well - but while it was better than before, but couldn't imagine playing a long session that I like to do - and that abandoned guest house, I just couldn't get over how creepy that place is, it really made me sick to the stomach, on top of motion sickness. :D

I will see if I can muster my courage once more tonight, and perhaps revisit with VR later on.

---

Just passed the guest house and got killed by Jack Baker with shovel. After dying a few times, I called it a night.... but this game is damn scary.
I think I would have shitted myself if I played it with VR... so many "in your face" approach that really sticks out, even on non-VR environment.

Last edited:
Playing Borderlands 2 on Switch. I'm really liking this trend of PC ports with all DLC for $30-40.

Sounds wierd, but I might stop buying unproven games that aren't on at least 3 platforms already with all DLC.

Really enjoying playing games in handheld mode. Even with a dock in the same room, and both Diablo2 and Borderlands2 on my PC in the next room.

I really wish I didn't have to clean my joycons so often, but I'm lovin' me some switch!

Do you not feel like you need a break between AC games? I tend to play and enjoy one game every few years 😊

Apart from that I'm playing through Blood and Truth on the PSVR. Its alot better playing that standing up (unlike most VR games).

Surprisingly no! I love the series to death and the gameplay doesn't get old for me. Stealth assassinating is my jam. I didn't mention in my post, but I've been playing AC nonstop since May.

AC Unity: 35 Hours
AC Syndicate: 36 Hours
AC Origins: 35 Hours
AC Odyssey: 95 Hours
AC 1: 22 Hours
AC 2: 26 Hours
And now I'm 7 Hours into Brotherhood

I've never been addicted to a series like this before lmao. Can't wait for Valhalla on PS5! it has actually gotten in the way of other games. I have Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, but haven't started them yet.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Surprisingly no! I love the series to death and the gameplay doesn't get old for me. Stealth assassinating is my jam. I didn't mention in my post, but I've been playing AC nonstop since May.

I've never been addicted to a series like this before lmao. Can't wait for Valhalla on PS5! it has actually gotten in the way of other games. I have Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, but haven't started them yet.

Ah wow 😁. I've put a similar amount into Odyssey. I've got the season pass but haven't even started yet.

Last edited:

GiJoint

Nice work dude. I finished AC odyssey this year, was my first AC game since 2 and It beat my record for hours pumped into a single player game, which was held by Final Fantasy 12 on the PS2. I got the plat in Odyssey and finally stopped playing a tad over 300 hours.

I'm playing a few games on and off but my serious now playing game is Ghost of Tsushima which I just bought and started, this will be my swansong PS4 game. Last of Us was my PS3 one.

Nice work dude. I finished AC odyssey this year, was my first AC game since 2 and It beat my record for hours pumped into a single player game, which was held by Final Fantasy 12 on the PS2. I got the plat in Odyssey and finally stopped playing a tad over 300 hours.

I'm playing a few games on and off but my serious now playing game is Ghost of Tsushima which I just bought and started, this will be my swansong PS4 game. Last of Us was my PS3 one.

Thank you thank you. It was the most time I've ever put into a single player game. The game itself is just so much fun to play stealthy (went full assassin build) that I never got tired of clearing bases. And it is the most beautiful open world I've ever played in. The Atlantis DLC cranks up the beauty as well. Elysium reminded me of that one realm in God of War with the bright colors.

I enjoyed it a lot more than Origins, which surprised me. Origins has a great setting, but it just wasn't as fun to play. By the end of the main story, I was just glad it was over. And I was so underleveled that I was locked out of the DLC. I'll have to go back and grind 10 levels (ugh) so I can even start the Hidden Ones.

On the other hand, I only started to lose a little bit of enthusiasm for Odyssey around the 90 hour mark. People knock Odyssey for not being true AC, but if you play full stealth, it feels like AC to me.

Kadayi

Banned
Death Stranding on PC

Took a little bit of time to get into it but having done a couple of restarts (as is my way with most games) I've started to really enjoy it and appreciate the mechanics. I very much like the overall game play system and the co-operative nature of building out infrastructure with other players, however at the same time the game UI has some real issues to it that are hard to overlook and I'm kind of surprised weren't addressed with the Port. There's a lot of needless coming out of one menu in order to go into another one in relation to the management of cargo that just feels flabby for want of a better word. Stuff like adding goods to recycling should just be an option on the context drop down versus it's own separate activity coupled with an apparently unskippable 'Thank you for your contribution' cut-scene. Presumably Kojima's Playtesters racked up thousands of hours of this sort of busywork and yet seemingly no one had either the balls or insight to suggest a bit of common sense rationalisation to reduce the time spent in the UI. Hoping that some mods come out that maybe address this sort of thing down the road.

In many ways the game reminds me somewhat of No Mans Sky, albeit centred around delivery versus exploration, with an overarching mystery to solve. It definitely has that contemplative aspect to it (which is a plus in my book). Albeit I'm really into the co-op (lost package delivery is my speciality it seems) a part of me does kind of hanker for doing an offline play through just in terms of seeing the landscape devoid of all the many markers , though thankfully photo-mode does at least mitigate that.

Top Bottom