• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

I’m pretty late to the party, but I’m at the end of the first Dragon Quest Builders and I have really enjoyed it. This is actually my very first sandbox kind of game. I think I’m a bit more interested in the genre now. Any recommendations other than MineCraft?

Pallas

The original trilogy of Phoenix Wright ace attorney on my PS4Pro, I was able to snag an Asian physical copy of it.

Devilich

I’m pretty late to the party, but I’m at the end of the first Dragon Quest Builders and I have really enjoyed it. This is actually my very first sandbox kind of game. I think I’m a bit more interested in the genre now. Any recommendations other than MineCraft?
Portal knights was pretty fun for what it was. Though it has a bigger focus on combat rather than building.

Otherwise DragonQuest builder 2, Terraria (2D Minecraft) or Vintage Story

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

American Fugitive and it's a very good indie action game, especially if you have fond memories of GTA 1 & 2. It's not exactly top down view, more like something in between of top down and isometric views. Cars handle and drift very nice, map isn't very big but it's enjoyable to explore, looting houses and robbing stores is designed nicely and there's quite a lot of humour mixed with a serious story. Speaking of the storyline, the only big weakness of the game is that the main story ends without a big bang (in terms of the actual gameplay). The missions themselves could've also been a bit longer. The game relies on short missions rather than longer ones. It would've been nice if they were mixed. I still have a lot of exploring to do despite finishing the story so I'll be sticking with it for a few more days.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I’ve replayed the yakuza series since they arrived on Xbox gamepass.
Zero, kiwami, kiwami 2 so now I am playing 3 on PS4, almost finished then I’ll play 4 and 5.
After all this , I’ll finished everything in yakuza 6 (still some leftover quests to do)

and I am also playing the tourist on Xbox.

Abear21

Banned
I want Cuphead I just have so much to play right now. I might buy it anyway as I have some psn dollars burning a hole in my digital wallet.

I have put a major dent in my backlog as I’m still furloughed from work, keeping very busy with...

Skater XL-LOVING this game it is gitgud.gif:TheGame. I’m having no issues skating vert which I was worried about. Cannot wait to see where this one goes in the future.

Ghost of Tsushima-Playing on Hard and still in Act 1, I’m having a great time and man it’s beautiful.

NBA2K20-With all the time off this is the first time I’ve been able to actually finish a full season in MyLeague. I run a fantasy draft and I’m so invested in seeing the progression of my young players it’s like a RPg. Entering the offseason I’m excited to resign players and try to repeat! I’m WAY over the salary cap so the squad will look different which is cool.

These three games give me my daily variety and there’s little room for anything else—Still trying to play on the side; Snow Runner, Horizon DLC, Ass Creed Origins, Streets of Rage 4, TLOU2 second play through.

I need another 4 months off to finish this gen off properly!

VidKid369

Beat Chrono Trigger (SNES) the other day now I started Star Ocean The Second Story (PSX) yesterday. Loving this game so far. I can't wait to get lost in the Item Creation and food battling.

CT was pretty bomb. Definitely a really beloved RPG, and it shows. Loved the time travel. Never knew about and never touched the New Game+ feature before, so definitely have to go back for another run-through. Loved the music and the battle mechanics. Lots of replay value for an RPG which's creative and fun, lol.

I always seem to get the same ending.

Anyway. Loving Star Ocean so far. I'm playing Claude's scenario.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yoshi's Island

pretty cool that the first time you see Yoshi in a Mario game after Super Mario World, it is a 3D cgi model

wV4BOM.gif

T-Cake

Have enjoyed the Borderlands 3 free weekend so much that I had to buy the Super Duper edition to keep on playing.

Roberts

Having loads of fun with both Darksiders Genesis which is probably my favorite of theirs after the second game and Undemine which grew on me the further I played it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is so good but the crying baby, i'm sorry, it kills the game for me

i have literally shut off the game in the middle of playing because it was too much

worse was in the miniboss castle. i kept getting hit and Mario wouldn't shut up. the first time Mario cries it is obnoxious. but the next time, he cries at double speed! it's like the annoying Zelda low health beep was replaced by the scientifically most annoying sound of all time.

whoever decided to include this in the game, you ruined a great game!

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Fall guys
Control dlc
Avengers beta this weekend

booted up destiny for 15 mins to see if this years event was going new and fun. It wasn’t it’s the same grindfest.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Booted up Detroit Become Human and I love it so far. David Cage always explores interesting scenarios typically not found in video games. I love these little moments where you just going around doing mundane tasks such as cleaning, making breakfast etc, it does so much for character building and the way the story presents itself.

Gotta mention the graphics too. Fantastic attention to detail and great character models. Even saw a couple of famous faces Valorie Curry, Lance Henriksen, Clancy Brown. The futuristic and depressive world building is really setting the mood.
There's still lots of things to nitpick about with this game though, things like why don't droids have an off command, why can't they offer their recordings as evidence to the police, how can they be so easily reprogrammed by another droid. Why would a droid junkyard not have barriers to keep wondering droids inside? "Small" things like that. :p

Mr Hyde

There's still lots of things to nitpick about with this game though, things like why don't droids have an off command, why can't they offer their recordings as evidence to the police, how can they be so easily reprogrammed by another droid. Why would a droid junkyard not have barriers to keep wondering droids inside? "Small" things like that. :p

This is some CinemaSins bullshit. Suspension of disbelief is the way to avoid all nitpicking 😉

Kadayi

Banned
Been hammering Death Stranding pretty hard for a week or so, but the last couple of days we have had a gnarly heat wave going on in the UK and after long day already sat next to the rig sweating away doing work the thing I've least feel like doing is cranking the GPU up to maximum toasty. 🤔

giphy.gif

Presently there's the vague prospect of rainfall looming over where I live, and I'm hoping to comes so I can get back in South Knot and get the rest of those 5 Stars before advancing onto the mountain section.

Patrick S.

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I'm prefering Odyssey so far, I have to admit. I've bought Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 Gold now, having a blast with that, too.

Halo CE Anniversary on MCC PC Gamepass replay on Legendary
Mafia III Definitive Edition
Far Cry 5 replay on hardest diff. new game+

Downloaded:
Xeno Crisis
Crackdown 3
The Division II (Destiny 2 has got so boring I want to return to this)

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Shadow of War (ps4) - held off for the goty edition with all the dlc. Never really got into the first game, but pretty addicted to this with the army recruiting stuff (although it took a long ass time to get to that point). The orc trash talk is so awful and amazing at the same time. Game feels like it's gonna take at least a thousand hours to do everything.

Northgard (ps4) - surprisingly competent Viking rts with 4x elements. Story stuff is kind of boring, but the campaign missions are fun so far.

Cuphead (ps4) - Playing this for the first time and loving it. Cleared up to the airplane stage with the moon boss, who keeps wrecking me. Need to put more time into this and git gud.

Longcat

Currently playing Bayonetta. Trying to unlock Jeanne - the legit way. I'm halfway there, but it's so fucking hard.

Finally did it! On my first playthrough most of my trophies for the last half or so of the game were stone, so when I read that you need platinum on every chapter to unlock her I honestly thought it would be impossible for me. Was playing on and off for a while, picking away at those stones, but then kinda dropped it. It was when I watched Gala's speedrun on ESA a couple of weeks ago that I really got the itch to get back into Bayo again and try to get those platinums. Been grinding away, one chapter at a time. And now it's done.

Currently replaying FF15, but at 4K with max settings including the official high resolution texture pack

Wow. I'm curious, what kind of rig do you have? And are you going for 60fps?

bender

What time is it?
Nioh 2 - I'm in the 4th area at level 20. I'm not sure why I've developed the fear of committing upgrades in Souls games, but here I am.

EfblIPMVoAAHvNE

I just bought Lego Jurassic World for 5 bucks on Steam. I finished the first movie and have been doing some free play before starting Lost world, so far I'm enjoying it (I just unlocked the T-Rex, too). The only other Lego games I played were LotR and the Hobbit, of those two Jurassic World is much closer to the former, ie very "barebone" (paleontology pun not intended).

I don't think I've played a Jurassic Park video game since the one on the SNES... damn, that one was hardcore.

MaddMatt

Neo Member
I’m just Warzone and Destiny all the time right now, mostly because it’s easy to fit into a busy schedule. I bought Control on the PSN summer sale, but the frame rate has put me off a bit (but also time is limited, I’ll finish it at some point).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Rocket League - i quit but came back. i had been having a lot of performance issues and i'm at a level where i need to be at my best but the game is ruining it by constantly stuttering, dropping frames, lagging, etc. i wouldn't mind if i was just playing casual. so i'm back just playing casual and trying to get to the bottom of what's causing this. i'm pretty sure it's not my PC because this is the only game i'm having issues with.

Fall Guys - super fun. i know it's just out but i'm already wanting new levels and some new features.

Death Stranding - original bought it for PS4 and played ~15 hours. bought it again on PC since i sold my PS4.

other games i have installed that i play now and then:

Valorant, Overwatch, Fortnite, LoL. Might download Destiny 2 again and I'm itching to go back to WoW.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Vawn

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima - (On first island and maxing everything as much as possible)
Last Of Us 2 - (New Game +)
Division 2 - (because i love loot)

It's so foreign to me that people play games like this. I've tried, but I just can't play a game if I'm in the middle of another. Something is pulling me to switch back and I can't enjoy any of the games.

WellSheet

I have just completed the evil within 1 and playing it's sequel now. It's definitely not a game for everyone because of high difficulty but it's very rewarding when you finally learn to conserve the ammo and use traps to your advantage. Personally I can put this game next to RE4.

The Evil within 2 is - personally - one of my favorite games of all time. I think I’m many ways it surpasses Resident Evil/Silent Hill. I am praying to whatever god I have too that a 3rd gets made so they can build off of what they established in 2.

WellSheet

It's so foreign to me that people play games like this. I've tried, but I just can't play a game if I'm in the middle of another. Something is pulling me to switch back and I can't enjoy any of the games.

Agreed. My brain starts short circuiting.

Tesseract

Banned
i finished gradius v, excellent game

once i got past the first stage, memories of playing through a rental came back to me and i tore that shit up

about to replay alpha protocol on steam ...

Started destiny 2 a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it like mad I'm currently doing all the solstice stuff it's mega grindy though but I enjoy it .

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is so good but the crying baby, i'm sorry, it kills the game for me

i have literally shut off the game in the middle of playing because it was too much

worse was in the miniboss castle. i kept getting hit and Mario wouldn't shut up. the first time Mario cries it is obnoxious. but the next time, he cries at double speed! it's like the annoying Zelda low health beep was replaced by the scientifically most annoying sound of all time.

whoever decided to include this in the game, you ruined a great game!

This romhack might fix it (if you're using an Everdrive or emulation and not a real cart):

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Playing for the first time and just finished sequence 6.

The gameplay is very similar to Brotherhood, but I really enjoy all the additions: hook blade, parachute, bombs, and ziplines are all really fun.

What I love most of all is the tone. The way the game starts in Masayaf was a pure nostalgia trip and old Ezio is best Ezio. I love the character and its crazy that we literally go through his entire life with him. The tombs to find the keys are awesome and the set pieces are amazing. I'd say the Turkish story took a bit to get going, but its really great now. And playing through periods of Altair's life is just bliss. I've heard the story is one of the best in the series, so I'm strapped in for the end of this trilogy. I'll probably finish it tomorrow and can't wait.

Next up is AC III Remastered, Black Flag, and then Rogue Remastered. Then I'll have marathoned every AC game in the series (started in May).

Edit: Couldn't wait and finished it today. Wow, what an ending. The last 3 sequences were perfection.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Wow. I'm curious, what kind of rig do you have? And are you going for 60fps?
I have a 4.9ghz 10700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz CL14, 1TB Samsung 960 Pro nvme ssd.
I’m not getting 60fps (I do plan to grab an RTX 3090 as soon as I can) but Gsync helps out some with that and to me the visuals and eye candy are higher priority than high frame rate. To this day the game still looks amazing to me. As long as I’m consistently over 30 FPS I’m good personally :messenger_sunglasses:
(I do admit a locked 60 fps or even 120fps would be nice since the game has unlocked frame rate... maybe some day)

Last edited:
Top Bottom