• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of PS5's look

Mato

I dislike curvy electronics. Looks like a mashed piece of tart. PS2 continues to be the best looking PlayStation.

Barnabot

ugly only losing to this one

w3IQl9F.png

Geki-D

Banned
Looks like a video game console 🤷‍♂️ The box was always the least interesting part, though I'm curious to know what exactly the camera is meant for.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Love it, sexy asf and thy were smart two show two skus now the competition not only had to guess one price point but now two. Wow loved the conference.

RScrewed

Can't say I love it or hate it but it's nice to see Aperture Science's design team branching out

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Now this would have been a home run, that is gorgeous.
Early this year (maybe even last year), some guy did a mock up of it, including a white version. IMO the best looking mock ups.

It looks like PS5 could have done that, but they attached a curved shell to the main black part of the system.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I remember when folks bitched about the Gamecube when it was unveiled, and mocked the controller. Now, folks speak fondly of said controller, and no one cares what the Gamecube looked like.

The games are all that matters, and I will buy a PS5 at launch.
No, I still hate the GameCube and its controller. PS5 is ugly AF and will be the first time I'm not buying at launch because how ugly it is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It looks ok standing up but it’s just ugly horizontally....
j6JSr9V.jpg
Ah. Just as I thought, you need a stand if you want to lay it flat. You also need one for vertical too. lol. Doesn't even look like the flay/vertical stands are even the same.

Last edited:

BiotypE

Neo Member
I don't like it. Just not a fan of the organic curvy look. The games look awesome so I don't really care what it looks like. It would be nice if there was a black version.
Good showing. I'm definitely onboard.

ethomaz

Banned
I mean in the presentation it was on a small stand and it's not balanced if laid flat from what I can tell.
Are you being serious?
There are pics with PS5 in horizontal (it is how I will use it).
The guys just tried to spread FUD like usual.

Last edited:
I really like the design but out of the two I think the digital edition looks best.

I was expecting something completely different so this design is a really nice surprise for me.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks ok. Looks better standing up than flat.

Don't really care about looks and I play at a desk setup, so I can have it either standing or flat, so that doesn't concern me. Hopefully it doesn't get discolored.

Top Bottom