• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know PS5 Pro is coming but I think game development in the second half of this generation will be in PS5 favor vs Xbox Series X

BlackTron

So why are games built for Series X ending up with advantages when ported to PS5 ?
Which games?
Hellblade 2

Um I'd actually like to know as well lol.

In any case isn't it old, OLD news that XSX appeared stronger on paper when specs were revealed, but in real-world application the 5 edges it out? This appears to be due BOTH to being the console given more attention and the hardware just adding up to a more efficient gaming kit. Aside from not having the Series S shadow, but that's kinda ancillary.

We can argue over the exact precise reasons PS5 is better I guess but I really thought it being better than X was just foregone knowledge from yesterday? Or did I miss something? Why are we "finding out" something in time that we will return to this bookmarked thread to "prove" you had the clairvoyance to "predict"? Maybe if you turn out correct you should try stocks next...

Pedro Motta

PS5 & Xbox Series X both have their strengths & weaknesses so the outcome will always depend on the games. With that said I think things are about to move heavily in PS5 favor moving forward .

The shackles of Cross Gen are finally coming off but the chances of developers focusing on Series X strengths keep getting slimer & PS5 has the user base to support developer's ambitions.

See you all in a few years when I quote this post
Not Helping Joshua Jackson GIF by HULU

Metnut

OP really going out on a limb.

I have a hot take of my own. Keep an eye on From Software and Larian. I think these two producers might have a bright future.

Rudius

After the release of PS4 Pro the amateur console was still the main target, you need only look at the majority of games targeted for 1080p 30fps on PS4. Some games didn't even got Pro patches.

JackMcGunns

PS5 & Xbox Series X both have their strengths & weaknesses so the outcome will always depend on the games. With that said I think things are about to move heavily in PS5 favor moving forward .

The shackles of Cross Gen are finally coming off but the chances of developers focusing on Series X strengths keep getting slimer & PS5 has the user base to support developer's ambitions.

See you all in a few years when I quote this post

Hmm, what are your thoughts about these 2 key points:

-Most games this gen have been developed with the PS5 as the lead platform
-Games are not taking advantage of hardware-enabled VRS and other features because of this.

-Now that we have a more powerful PS5 Pro with Hardware-enabled VRS, means more games will take advantage of this tyically ignored feature of Series X
-Games will not stop at the capability of the PS5, but go beyond its limits, a potential advantage for a machine with slightly more HP.

clarky

Gold Member
Now i know why O onQ123 only has a simple O for an avatar. If he had an image of himself, that is the true prophet M********** his own peoples might go ape on his ass.

You truly are the wise one.

Consider me a follower.

Top Bottom