• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think will come out first - Starfield on PS5 or the Fallout 4 PS5 upgrade?

Which one first?

• Fallout 4 PS5 first

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Starfield PS5 first

Votes: 45 62.5%

• Total voters
Fallout 4.

It will take time cause Bethesda is doing a lot of things at same time. But Starfield port will be lot more work.

Pelao

I actually stopped my replay on Xbox Series X over a year ago when they announced the PS5 version in case it used the DualSense features, not anticipating it would take this long.
Now that Microsoft is looking to port more of their catalog to other platforms, I really want to see Fallout 4 VR ported to PSVR2.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I'm hoping we get Starfield alongside PS5 Pro with a 60fps mode.

You Got It Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Kupfer

Fallout upgrade comes with Fallout TV Series along with the announcement for a new Fallout game for maximum media attention.

Something like what TLoU did

Last edited:

Skifi28

I don't know what happened with the fallout 4 upgrade, but at this point I think we can safely assume it's dead and buried. They've been supposedly working on it for like two years now, editing that text file must be quite the ordeal.

Last edited:

keraj37

I actually stopped my replay on Xbox Series X over a year ago when they announced the PS5 version in case it used the DualSense features, not anticipating it would take this long.
Now that Microsoft is looking to port more of their catalog to other platforms, I really want to see Fallout 4 VR ported to PSVR2.
Fallout 4 PSVR2 and Skyrim PSVR2 and we are in heaven.
However sony will add PC support soon to PSVR2 so we get it either way.

Kepler was bashing MLID just a few days before saying he was spouting nonsense for months about an Intel leak. Big grain of salt for this new PS5 Pro "leak".

Last edited:

Dazraell

Well, there were some rumors saying that Fallout 4 upgrade is supposed to drop relatively close to TV series premiere. Looking at how frequent updates Fallout 4 is having on SteamDB rn and the fact that Bethesda seems to be continuosly supporting games that were previously released on other platforms (Skyrim Anniversary Edition update, TESO expansions), it's safe to assume MS won't be gatekeeping Fallout 4 next-gen upgrade

Starfield will mostly likely come to PS5 whenever a "Complete Edition" with all of the expansions will be released

eerik9000

What upgrade are we talking about? Also aren't there rumours of a Fallout 4 remake?
Current gen ports of Fallout 4 were confirmed a long time ago, were supposed to be out last year but got delayed to 2024. And no, ports are not remakes.

Edit:

Here, announced in October 2022.
FALLOUT 4 IS GOING NEXT-GEN

Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus Creation Club content!

Delayed in December 2023.
Thank you for your patience with us as we work on the Fallout 4 next-gen update. We know you're excited, and so are we! But we need a bit more time and look forward to an exciting return to the Commonwealth in 2024.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Fallout, since there is zero indication that Starfield is going to be on ps5 any time soon.
Maybe in 2 or 3 years.

Atrus

Gold Member
With the Fallout series debuting on Amazon soon, I believe they’ll time the FO4 remastered after that.

With Starfield in need of a massive changes, they’ll likely release that at the same time or after the first DLC just so any new player doesn’t drop it asap like most of the ones who’ve bought it already.

You know, drop some ground vehicles for faster travel, better ui, fix the outpost and ship building system, and overall make the game more engaging.

Just about everything needs to be fixed and improved upon.

Top Bottom