• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you listening too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

Hurray for GAF and your great taste in music:

Rogue Wave - Out of the Shadow
various albums by Belle & Sebastian
Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles
weezernation mp3s

Matlock

Banned
I just listened to two hours of sober and inebriated karaoke singers, including the greatest John Fogerty impression ever.

fart

Savant
the new bjork

i'm too rocked out from last night's xiu xiu show to listening to anything louder

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
B00000DC10.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Armor For Sleep - Dream to Make Believe
B00009EIOC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fear Before The March of Flames - Odd How People Shake
B0001NBN5M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gatsby's American Dream - Ribbons & Sugar
B00009LVZY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jason

I'm listening to my brain debate whether or not to go see broken social scene later today. For free no less. :/

Gribbix

Jason said:
I'm listening to my brain debate whether or not to go see broken social scene later today. For free no less. :/

I say go for it. It doesn't sound like they're going to be around for much longer (at least as a live band).

Jason

Meh, they've used that 'last live show ever' schtick forever. If Ms. Haines decides to show up I might go. :D

Interpol- Slow Hands about twelve times a day. Yeah it's a bit derivative and breaks no new ground for them, but interplay of the bass and drums gets me going everytime.

Pinback- Blue Screen Life. New album in a couple months, woo!!!

Viktor Vaughn - Venomous Villain

I'm enjoying it, even though Vic seems lazier than usual. Familar ground, but I really like Vic's charisma and the production.

Diablos

I have been really um, lazy this year when it comes to music. Burning Brides is the newest album I've heard; it's pretty average. Jimmy Chamberlin's solo album is done, so I can't WAIT for that.

ced

Ive really been enjoying Pineapple Thief.

Throwing in my usual Porcupine Tree and some Opeth Damnation and Deliverance.

Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree and Opeth Producer) also has a new album out with some Israeli singer, which is pretty good, called Blackfield.

Not that anyone knows who either of the PT's are, but I cant recommend them enough.

Various Artists -- Wicker Park soundtrack
Various Artists -- Future Soundtrack for America
Rogue Wave -- Out of the Shadow
The Turn-Ons -- East
Belle and Sebastian -- If You're Feeling Sinister

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Pidgeon - From Gutter w/ Love
Apostle of Hustle - Folkloric Feel
Juana Molina - Tres Cosas
Japancakes - Waking Hours
Gibby Haynes & His Problem - Gibby Haynes & His Problem
the pAper chAse - God Bless Your Black Heart
The Wrens - Secaucus
Bjork - Medulla
Stab Stab Cut Kill - Warmpth EP
The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat

xsarien

daedsiluap
So here's the thing: I've given up on the traditional "album." About two months ago, I got tired of constantly tweaking my iPod playlists, and decided to just set the iPod to shuffle songs, and start down the list of 2600 and chance files.

It's been a truly unique experience. By iTunes' calculations, there's about 6-7 days worth of music on my iPod. And on average, I listen to my iPod for about 2-4 hours a day, five days a week. That means, uh...the chances of me hearing the same song twice are slim to none, as long as I don't reset the list (which I sometimes do, admittedly.)

But the sheer volume of songs makes it my own personal radio station, one that actually plays music I want to hear. And as long as I keep stuffing new albums in, I should be set for awhile.

But if you're asking what CDs I've gotten recently, "Nevermind." Oddly enough, I never bought that one.

Guzim

I'm listening to Hot Rod Circuit because I'm seeing them tomorrow night, even though I'm sure they're just going to play the crap from their new album :(

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
distantmantra said:
Do you know if there are any plans to rerelease this?

When I saw the Wrens in March they were selling CD-Rs of it (along with Abott 1135 and Silver) at their merch table. They made up some labels and covers, and were sellin' them for $10 (I think Abbott was $6? I bought it, I know that much). I talked to Jer, and he said they're still trying to get the rights back from Grass Records, but they hadn't made a whole lot of headway. Abbott 1135 is getting reissued in November, with bonus tracks, many being b-sides from the Silver & Secaucus sessions. They're not going to give up, though, obviously.

So: The Wrens are offering the discs at their show for way cheaper than eBay scalpers (and I luckily nabbed both LPs before the huge amount of buzz around them made them sell out real quick), although they're definitely worth the scalped prices, as they're fuckin' awesome. Hopefully shit'll get sorted out and they'll be able to reissue the albums soon. I really hope so, as not nearly enough people have heard the old stuff, and it's pretty fuckin' great.

They're playing in Seattle (that's where you are, right?) next month. I suggest you go. They're one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They can sure throw it the fuck down for old dudes.

I have a lot of reading and editing to do today, so for me it is Chopin's Nocturnes and Impromptus, Schubert's Piano Sonatas and Bach's Two- and Three-part Inventions.

Hawksley

B0002Q9WEM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Good, but not on par with some of their previous work. Not even anything stand-out catchy. Still, it's new Tea Party so who am I to bitch.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Props to Ninja Scooter.

I've been listening to a lot of the Los Lonely Boys this past week. I wish he would solo more however.

Suerte

sefskillz said:
did this just come out? aimee echo makes me sweat and shakedown wasn't terrible.

Yeah a few days ago, I'm still deciding whether I like it more than Shakedown! or not

FnordChan

Antibalas - Who Is This America?
Yabby You - Jesus Dread, 1972-1977
Katamari Damancy OST
and a bunch of filk music by Tom Smith

FnordChan

Lambtron said:
They're playing in Seattle (that's where you are, right?) next month. I suggest you go. They're one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They can sure throw it the fuck down for old dudes.

Actually, I bought tickets for the Seattle show a couple months back, my girlfriend and I are very excited to see them live in a few weeks.

I bought The Meadowlands last fall and recently picked up that split EP they did with The Five Mod Four. If they're still selling CDrs of Secaucus, I'll probably snag it.

BuddyC

B0001HAHYG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000CBHQ1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000I9MK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Since it doesn't say it on the cover: Belle & Sebastain - Lazy Line Painter Jane
B00004I9UT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yea, I'm on a total Belle & Sebastian kick. Need something happy. If not B&S, it's whatever the iPod's shitty random algorithm picks.

outspaced.jpg

B000053F5X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00006L40A.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0002J58BK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Remixes of SFA's brilliant Phantom Power. This CD is almost as good as Phantom Power. It's even got some Four Tet love going on. I love it.

B00009V7TQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000283OA8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000024UO0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000A1HPT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00012SYXW.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0001KZM48.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000DZTL5.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0001J3VII.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is my first year away at college, so I've been listening to my music pretty heavily. Under normal circumstances, I don't really listen to this much music. But yeah, there you go. I'm always kind of on a Super Furry Animals kick. Unless I'm in a terrible mood.

:)

The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Forget Cassettes - Instruments of Action
The Cinema Eye - A Complete Arsenal
theSTART - Initiation

White Man

i'm too rocked out from last night's xiu xiu show to listening to anything louder

Setlist please. Or if you can't remember everything, did they at least play new material? Did Jamie read from his book at all?

I really can't wait for the Deerhoof/Decemberists/Xiu Xiu show. It's the only big thing I'm really anticipating in September.

Diablos

Something tells me if Xiu Xiu was around like eight to ten years ago they would have been a fucking HUGE band based on what I've read, not only in reviews but people like you praising their work.

I still haven't heard them, though. Any song suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom