• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Were movies better in the 80s and 90s or is it just nostalgia?

teezzy

Banned
Most of those movies look fucking shit dude. Jesus christ. Dude I love A24 I R sew smrt XD

Lol, what's wrong with A24? They're like a modern Miramax: an independent distributor who garnered a reputation by regularly pushing out interesting material that stood out from the typical Hollywood fare over the last 7 years or so.

Only 2/5 of that list have anything to do with them, and the rest are through other studios/distributors.

Nothing on that list is typical Hollywood fare, and nothing is no-budget tier either. There's a decent amount of genres there with a horror/scifi lean... because my tastes are showing. I enjoyed those movies a lot.

Like I said, I can only speak to my tastes. Not sure exactly what I could show you wouldn't scoff at.

We'll have to agree to disagree again as we tend to. You think movies are dead, and I disagree.

tenor.gif

The last decade has been undeniably good for the horror enthusiast. In no particular order:

The Wailing
Hereditary
Get Out
It Follows
Green Room
The Witch
I Saw the Devil
Train to Busan
Annihilation
Under the Shadow
A Quiet Place
Overlord
IT: Chapter One
Don’t Breathe
Insidious
The Cabin in the Woods
As Anove, So Below
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Under the Skin
The Invitation
The Conjuring
The Babadook

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
i road by the old Regal Cinema megaplex today, half the letters were burned out on the sign, and there were trees overgrown on top of it.

movies are quite dead.

face it, they had a good 100 years.
Indeed. Cinema has felt dead since the 2000's started for me. I try the same optimism, a good 100 or so years and the best was all back in the 20th century. When I want a comedy series I put on Three Stooges or Sanford and Son. Still feels alive when you watch older movies or TV. This whole desperate attempt to get things as HD or UHD as possible seems to be missing the mark entirely. DVD did help us to see films that VHS chopped up with pan and scan; but the effect is not as strong. I find nothing redeemable in any of the 100s of movies I've been shown that were made in the last 17 or so years. It's dead and people will likely go back to books for entertainment before they go back to movies. The paper book "format" is the only one that has outlived everything else and continues to be popular.

Yes they are.

That's especially true for action movies. CGI ruins modern action movies for me. I can't stand that shit.

Take T2 with the few sparingly used CGI scense, which btw hold up pretty well considering the time period.
The rest were all laborious practical effects and risky stunt setups.

Nobody does that these days as they don't consider the risk vs reward ratio worth it.
Instead they do CGI for everything and I don't care how well it's done, it still looks fake.

Take that scene for example. 90% would be cgi these days and it would look like shit.

The sad thing is James Cameron has gone to complete CGI. T2 is a god damn masterpiece

Last edited:

Mahadev

The last decade has been undeniably good for the horror enthusiast. In no particular order:

There are 3 types of bad movies in that list, first the Annihilation type that had great direction but ultimately empty with zero substance or interesting characters to root for, Then it's the IT: Chapter One kind that is one of the worst overrated garbage films of this decade full of horrible CGI and shitty jump scares making the movie more funny than scary and finally the Get Out/The Witch kind that is pretentious with indie style direction that ultimately turns out to be a pointless dud. God, I really dislike the IT movies, they represent everything I hate about modern horror movies. Imo most of the movies you mention range from decent to just bad. There are also some good movies but your post imo definitely doesn't prove that it's been great decade for horror films.

Btw if you liked As Above, So Below you'll love The Descent, same claustrophobic feeling of helplessness and desperation. Just make sure not to watch the sequel, it's an absolute disaster that might retroactively ruin the first movie for you.

Last edited:
John Hughes and Steven Spielberg basically re-wrote how you do a high-grossing Hollywood film during that time period.
RankTitleStudiosWorldwide grossYearRef.
1Indiana Jones and the Last CrusadeParamount$474,171,8061989[8]
2BatmanWarner Bros.$411,348,9241989[8]
3E.T. the Extra-TerrestrialUniversal Pictures$359,197,0371982[9]
4Rain ManMGM$354,825,4351988[10]
5Back to the Future Part IIUniversal$331,950,0021989[8]
6Who Framed Roger RabbitTouchstone Pictures$329,803,9581988[10]
7Look Who's TalkingTriStar$296,999,8131989[8]
8Coming to AmericaParamount$288,752,3011988[10]
9Return of the Jedi20th Century Fox$252,583,6171983[11]
10Crocodile Dundee IIParamount$239,606,2101988[10]
11Dead Poets SocietyTouchstone Pictures$235,860,1161989[8]
12Beverly Hills CopParamount Pictures$234,760,4781984[12]
13GhostbustersColumbia Pictures$229,242,9891984[12]
14Lethal Weapon 2Warner Bros.$227,853,9861989[8]
15Honey, I Shrunk the KidsDisney$222,724,1721989[8]
16TwinsUniversal$216,614,3881988[10]
17Ghostbusters IIColumbia$215,394,7381989[8]
18Raiders of the Lost ArkParamount Pictures$212,222,0251981[13]
19Back to the FutureUniversal Pictures$210,609,7621985[14]
20The Empire Strikes Back20th Century Fox$209,398,0251980[15]
21Rambo IIICarolco$189,015,6111988[10]
22The Little MermaidDisney$184,155,8631989[8]
23Indiana Jones and the Temple of DoomParamount Pictures$179,870,2711984[12]
24A Fish Called WandaMGM$177,889,0001988[10]
25TootsieColumbia Pictures$177,200,0001982[9]
26Top GunParamount Pictures$176,781,7281986[16]
27Crocodile DundeeParamount Pictures$174,803,5061986[16]
28CocktailBuena Vista/Touchstone Pictures$171,504,7811988[10]
29Three Men and a BabyBuena Vista/Touchstone Pictures$167,780,9601987[17]
30Fatal AttractionParamount Pictures$156,645,6931987[17

sol_bad

I love how people that argue that movies in the 80's and 90's were better constantly come up with the same 10 to 20 films as to why.
Like seriously, 20 films in a 20 year time span? You must not have watched many films if the same 20 films keep getting listed.

It's the usual Jaws, T2, Alien, Indiana Jones, True Lies, Back to the Future and Predator.
They're all just Hollywood blockbuster action films.

Then when people point out none Hollywood blockbuster films that try new things, those films get labeled as "they look shit".
WHAT!!??

Do you want new ideas or shit Hollywood blockbusters?

Last edited:

Mahadev

I love how people that argue that movies in the 80's and 90's were better constantly come up with the same 10 to 20 films as to why.
Like seriously, 20 films in a 20 year time span? You must not have watched many films if the same 20 films keep getting listed.

It's the usual Jaws, T2, Alien, Indiana Jones, True Lies, Back to the Future and Predator.

Then when people point out none Hollywood blockbuster films that try new things, those films get labeled as "they look shit".
WHAT!!??

I still discover good old films, speaking of horror films for example a couple of weeks ago I watched In the Mouth of Madness, a very good horror film imo, not for everyone but personally I loved it. Even after all these years I've been discovering good old movies more frequently than I do new ones nowadays.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Nah I wasn't even really around for the 80s and 90s and enjoy those movies infinitely more than a lot of the newest movies. CGI didn't make movies better, it took the focus away from the things that made older movies better.

Last edited:
There are 3 types of bad movies in that list, first the Annihilation type that had great direction but ultimately empty with zero substance or interesting characters to root for, Then it's the IT: Chapter One kind that is one of the worst overrated garbage films of this decade full of horrible CGI and shitty jump scares making the movie more funny than scary and finally the Get Out/The Witch kind that is pretentious with indie style direction that ultimately turns out to be a pointless dud. God, I really dislike the IT movies, they represent everything I hate about modern horror movies. Imo most of the movies you mention range from decent to just bad. There are also some good movies but your post imo definitely doesn't prove that it's been great decade for horror films.

Btw if you liked As Above, So Below you'll love The Descent, same claustrophobic feeling of helplessness and desperation. Just make sure not to watch the sequel, it's an absolute disaster that might retroactively ruin the first movie for you.
Horror movies can be mediocre as long as they are compulsive & rewatchable. I don't watch Ash vs Evil Dead for the plot and that goes for everything else on that list etc.

Last edited:

sol_bad

C'mon guys, stop stating CGI as a factor for why modern movies aren't as good.
There are a tonne of practical effects and matte paintings that looked abhorrent in old films. It's to do with budget and skill. CGI based effects can look great in the right hands just like practical effects.

And lets be honest, the effects in Back to the Future look pretty terrible these days.
Same goes for A New Hope, the TIE fighters look crap in the original release.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think nostalgia, and some were really great others not so much.

Also some superhero fools back then had zero budget.

But as we head towards the millenium with some films. The budget and CGI power increase.

But some my fave films are from that era. Alien and Aliens.

But if you talking 90’s martial art/action films then they are immune from cheese. Actually if you are watching one of those critically and trying to fathom hidden meaning, why?!?

Mahadev

Horror movies can be shit as long as they are compulsive & rewatchable. I don't watch Ash vs Evil Dead for the plot and that goes for everything else on the list etc.

Ash vs the Evil Dead is entertaining and funny, Ash alone is a likable, interesting and witty character and both the movies and the show knew what they were and they were doing it pretty cleverly. IT on the other hand is a garbage franchise full of shitty CGI that is supposed to be scary but never is, predictable jumpscares and safe cookie cutter plot. I actually agree with you, a b-movie for example can be pretty bad and still enjoyable, the problem is that Hollywood has sucked the fun out of movies and characters using only safe characters, humor and plot recipes like jumpscares.

PanzerAzel

I’m a firm believer that the advent and proliferation of CGI in films has been one of the main reasons for its downfall, most notably the action genre.

Not all movies suffer from it and it is often utilized properly, but it’s been all to tempting for filmmakers to rely on spectacle and that wow factor to enable shit scripts to be green lit that otherwise wouldn’t have been given a second glance before CGI afforded them the ability to cover their glaring deficiencies with glitz and glamor. Many flicks today feel like nothing but excuses to show off some new visual trick recently developed. That they exist to serve pretense to CGI instead of CGI existing to compliment the script.

Last edited:

WHAT!!??

Go ahead and list some then

Yes, it does feel like Hollywood is no longer the creative powerhouse it once was decades ago. Hollywood has always relied on sequels, reboots, and remakes since the beginning, but there was a healthy mix and sequels rarely got past 3 or 4. Nowadays it's rare to find a non-indie film from the big studios that's big budget but not some kind of existing franchise. That to me is the biggest tragedy.

The next biggest is the abuse of CGI. It's just too easy to do exactly what filmmakers think they want. Practical effects aren't just better because they look more impressive, they're better because they're so fucking hard to make impressive. Filmmakers really had to do it right, think it through, jump through hurdles, or work around limitations to making their effects convincing. Nothing is better for an artist than limitations he must work around. Today's advanced but soulless CGI seems all too detached from the human limitations that foster creativity. It's too omnipotent, the barrier to competence to low. Unchallenging for filmmakers, unchallenging for audiences.

But there are also other factors. I feel like some self reflection is in order for some people in this thread.

Lots of you (me included) were young, in your formative, impressionable years during the 80s and 90s. You are no longer the same person today, and your worldview has changed. Your tastes have changed. For many reason relating to time, no movie will impact you the same way as a movie did when you were young. Movies of today won't ever give you the feeling of movies from yesterday. The taste of your youth, your childhood, your teens. Back when things that made an impression will bond with you for life. You know too much, you've seen too much. You're jaded, old man.

You can use all the external justifications you want, the objective measures, the technical and artistic measures, but that's not what it's really about. It's really more about growing old. It happens to everyone. Every generation is like this. That's what nostalgia is. If you don't think this is true for movies, you should be aware that once upon a time, film critics and movie buffs thumbed their noses at the likes of Jurassic Park, Terminator, and all the "classics" people love today, precisely because of their focus on technological wizardry, abundance of action, and light story. I remember reading the reviews. Reading periodicals. Journals. Critics ranged from dismissive of them as popcorn flicks with no substance, unimpressed, to holding the absurd notion that "no great films were made after the 1970s" (paraphrased). People just can't get over themselves. You are what shaped you. It's in our nature. No matter what reason you come up with for why old films are greater it comes back to what convinced you was great as a kid. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

After all, what are all these 80s/90s blockbusters if not just updated torchbearers of sci fi and fantasty B-movies of the 50s and 60s, and predecessors of today's supposed CGI trash? They most certainly are not the "true cinema" that Scorsese so adamantly defends against superhero movies. He too, is shaped by the things that impressed upon him as a youth, the things he worshipped. It just didn't happen to be the same stuff Spielberg and Zemeckis worshipped. And if it's true for them, it's true for the rest of us.

I love 80s and 90s blockbusters (which is all we're really discussing in this thread since it gets way messier beyond that). It was a rare confluence of greatness when the new wave of genius filmmakers from the 70s at the peak of their powers intersected with peak sfx from over half a century of refinment, at a time when America was at the top of the world and and movies didn't have to compete with social media in the cultural zeitgeist. But that time will only ever be special for me, and perhaps only my generation will understand why or how films of that era are great. I'm sure that many kids today think CGI a respected craft like any other, that using the same franchise name for 10+ entries is no different from slapping on new names for 10 similar genre films, or that hamfisted awkward dialogue is more "approachable" than the witty banter and one liners of our time...

Then one day in their middle age, their old age, in their social circles, their future way of rating movies, they'll reminisce about how the CGI in Avengers was so much more sophisticated, craftsmanlike than the (insert future film sfx technology) used to craft (insert future film sellout megafranchise). And we'll be too dead in our graves to tell them otherwise.

Sorry for the essay. I feel strongly about a lot of things. Politics, the world, America, my heritage... but these days I'm too tired to engage in them or any of you except when it comes to movies. I'll never tire of movies. And I hope you won't too.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of you (me included) were young, in your formative, impressionable years during the 80s and 90s. You are no longer the same person today, and your worldview has changed. Your tastes have changed. For many reason relating to time, no movie will impact you the same way as a movie did when you were young. Movies of today won't ever give you the feeling of movies from yesterday. The taste of your youth, your childhood, your teens. Back when things that made an impression will bond with you for life. You know too much, you've seen too much. You're jaded, old man.

There's one slight problem with all this. I'm 40. I've been watching films from the 80s and 90s that I've never seen before, that I missed first time around, and they're a million times better than most of the stuff out in the last decade or so. Hell, I've even been going back to before I was born, watching the classics of the 30s, 40s and 50s and been delighted by some incredible films, and tackling the 70s which for me is the creative peak of film - again watching films I've never seen before and just having the most wonderful time watching real art.

A film is a product of the environment in which it exists. Modern films exist in a time which is awful for any kind of culture. I watch the BBC film review with Mark Kermode as the wife likes to watch it and I find myself cringing at his desperate praise of a diverse cast, or complaining at the comedy in Bill and Ted not being funny anymore (because of modern sensibilities) and then see him praising absolute trash which ticks all the woke boxes but offers nothing in the way of quality - dull, dreary, preachy shite that I have no desire to watch from indie directors wholly subservient to the mind virus. The AAA stuff is of course on hiatus due to COVID, but your point about CGI covers the failings that exist there. Films being wholly CGI have no grounding in reality and that leads to a certain weightlessness, a lack of impact, which takes something of the magic away from film. It also allows poor filmmaking to be disguised by spectacle.

What's really missing however is those middleweight studios. Small indie art films were always a bit wanky and pretentious, albeit not so monochrome in their spectrum of views, and big budget Hollywood has long been in thrall to the sequel and the franchise, but those mid-sized studios trying to make something fun, something that would make a modest profit on a modest budget, that's gone. With the proving ground for writers, directors and actors gone, the talent pool shrinks, the pathways to the top broken, until all that's left is Hollywood's slow death.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
There are a tonne of practical effects and matte paintings that looked abhorrent in old films. It's to do with budget and skill. CGI based effects can look great in the right hands just like practical effects.

And lets be honest, the effects in Back to the Future look pretty terrible these days.
Always makes me laugh that for a multi -million dollar movie like John Wick they had to use CGI blood splatter on people, walls, etc. How hard is it to use practical effects for something that small. No, there is nothing with CGI but laziness. It's not a master craft to enhance film. It's used to cut back spending on making a film look real so they can pay 25 million to the lead actor role. CGI was good until it became a crutch against creative working.

Salz01

Just watched the shining and then dr sleep back to back. The jump in quality between the two is totally apparent. The first one, with just 4 characters ( minus the house) shits all over the modern day one. I just couldn’t help and feel that they can’t make good movies anymore. It’s not that I’m getting older and grumpier either. I have zero nostalgia for the first movie or any movies earlier that than the 80s. Talent in Hollywood is dried up. It’s just how to make a quick buck, with the least amount of effort put in. It’s hardly considered ‘art’ anymore.

WHAT!!??

This post is the worst, honestly. Star Wars and Back to the Future feature mostly timeless effects, also...

sol_bad

Always makes me laugh that for a multi -million dollar movie like John Wick they had to use CGI blood splatter on people, walls, etc. How hard is it to use practical effects for something that small. No, there is nothing with CGI but laziness. It's not a master craft to enhance film. It's used to cut back spending on making a film look real so they can pay 25 million to the lead actor role. CGI was good until it became a crutch against creative working.

Squibs don't look any more realistic, their just as fake looking.

This post is the worst, honestly. Star Wars and Back to the Future feature mostly timeless effects, also...

Cutting edge for their time, but always looked fake as hell. I mean the particle and fire effects in Back to the Future when the Dolorien time travs are hand drawn animation. The TIE fighter groups in A New Hope, you can tell they are all held together by sticks.
Evil Dead and Indians Jones face melting, faaaaaaake stop motion miniature, not realistic looking at all.

Last edited:

MacReady13

In my humble opinion, movies were better in the 80's and 90's. Blockbusters were better, more enjoyable films. In decades to come, no one will reference the big blockbusters from the 2010's, yet people today still talk about Ghostbusters, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park etc... There is no comparison.

belmarduk

The Terminator movies were definitely better then. I finally watched Dark Fate a few hours ago and its already forgettable.

Jubenhimer

The problem is that you just rattled off a list of winners - but that's not an accurate sample of movies as a whole. From 1975, we'd probably all argue that Kashmir from Zep was lasting and influential, but the top single of the year was "Love Will Keep Us Together," by the dreadful Captain and Tennille.

MOST of all media released in any year is passable; momentarily pleasant and easily disposed. I'd argue that because there are so many different platforms, with costs of film making coming way down, there's more quality content than ever. It's not heavily advertised and you have to dig for it, but this is easily the best era of entertainment so far.

I agree with this. But I think a lot of the quality stuff in movies and tv recently are unable to break into the mainstream, which means less exposure to the public. I feel like its much harder for a film or tv show to become a mainstream hit unless it's attached to a pre-existing franchise. Either way, something needs to change regarding content exposure in the modern entertainment climate.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The Terminator movies were definitely better then. I finally watched Dark Fate a few hours ago and its already forgettable.
Among the worst movies I've seen.

It's still amazing how Terminator transformed from iconic kick ass T1 and T2 to the junk the past 20 years.

Although, despite what many have said, I think Terminator Salvation was decent, except for the end where suddenly it was easy to just infiltrate Skynet with helicopters.

sol_bad

IMO Salvation is absolutely terrible from a script perspective. Why is Skynet even chasing after Kyle Reese?
It can predict the future?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
IMO Salvation is absolutely terrible from a script perspective. Why is Skynet even chasing after Kyle Reese?
It can predict the future?
I forget. I only saw it once.

All I remember is having humans and Terminators in a darker gritter timeline is a good change of pace than woke-ish modern day America.

sol_bad

I forget. I only saw it once.

All I remember is having humans and Terminators in a darker gritter timeline is a good change of pace than woke-ish modern day America.

If you're going to be critical of a movie just because it has Mexican characters, surely you can be more critical of a film that has actual script issues?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you're going to be critical of a movie just because it has Mexican characters, surely you can be more critical of a film that has actual script issues?
I'd be able to criticize the script if I remembered it.

I wrote a handful of sentences saying I forgot what Salvation was about except for remembering it was darker mood setting which I liked and it involved a cheesy helicopter infiltration scene at the end.

And somehow you still couldn't understand my post.

As for not liking the latest Terminator movies, didn't matter it had Latino characters. But thanks for assuming racism in movie opinions. The problem with the movie is multifold, including having Arnold relegated to a Terminator pretending to be a self-employed handyman and being a father to a human wife and kids. Doesn't even make sense.

Squibs don't look any more realistic, their just as fake looking.

Cutting edge for their time, but always looked fake as hell. I mean the particle and fire effects in Back to the Future when the Dolorien time travs are hand drawn animation. The TIE fighter groups in A New Hope, you can tell they are all held together by sticks.
Evil Dead and Indians Jones face melting, faaaaaaake stop motion miniature, not realistic looking at all.

Worst post I've ever read on this forum, I usually like you, too! Why did you do this to me!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Worst post I've ever read on this forum, I usually like you, too! Why did you do this to me!
He's entitled to his opinion. I guess it could be generational that some like modern movies. I've always felt that when family try to get me to watch the mess-terpiece of modern cinema, they only garner positive reviews because of buyers remorse or they'll know I was right. To each their own.

sol_bad

I'd be able to criticize the script if I remembered it.

I wrote a handful of sentences saying I forgot what Salvation was about except for remembering it was darker mood setting which I liked and it involved a cheesy helicopter infiltration scene at the end.

And somehow you still couldn't understand my post.

As for not liking the latest Terminator movies, didn't matter it had Latino characters. But thanks for assuming racism in movie opinions. The problem with the movie is multifold, including having Arnold relegated to a Terminator pretending to be a self-employed handyman and being a father to a human wife and kids. Doesn't even make sense.

We were talking about Terminator, I assumed you were talking about the newest Terminator film which has been called woke. Because it has ....... Mexicans and a girl that saves the future instead of a boy.

LOL
We don't have to agree on every point.
80's movies only looked good to us because we were kids. Through adult eyes, old special effects look bad and fake.
Whether someone is constructing the Dolorean or TIE fighter as a physical model or a CGI model, someone is still putting countless hours into it's creation. IMO, I'll take the special edition TIE fighters in A New Hope over the physical models of the original film any day. Looks much better and is "more exciting".

We were talking about Terminator, I assumed you were talking about the newest Terminator film which has been called woke. Because it has ....... Mexicans and a girl that saves the future instead of a boy.

LOL
We don't have to agree on every point.
80's movies only looked good to us because we were kids. Through adult eyes, old special effects look bad and fake.
Whether someone is constructing the Dolorean or TIE fighter as a physical model or a CGI model, someone is still putting countless hours into it's creation. IMO, I'll take the special edition TIE fighters in A New Hope over the physical models of the original film any day. Looks much better and is "more exciting".

No. It's not nostalgia, it's not my age. I still see new movies from the time period, the effects hold up. Practical effects look real, even when they look fake (I'm sure some people know what this means), the best CGI can sort of pass for real, but most of it isn't particular great and just looks like video game effects thrown into a film.

cryptoadam

Banned
The people now are being influenced by crappy 2000s and on stuff. in the 80s and 90s they were rehashing shit from the 50s and 60s. Its going to get worse because in 10 years it will be people who grew up on MCU and Gender swap remakes. I just dont see how things can turn around.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No. It's not nostalgia, it's not my age. I still see new movies from the time period, the effects hold up. Practical effects look real, even when they look fake (I'm sure some people know what this means), the best CGI can sort of pass for real, but most of it isn't particular great and just looks like video game effects thrown into a film.
The best use of CGI is for truly radical crazy stuff which nobody can compare anything to.... maybe like some insane Star Trek Time Warp Blackhole, or when it's done subtly. Or it's super dark and you can't really tell what's going on.

In that old movie The Crow, I didn't even know they used CGI to fake in Brandon Lee's face in some scenes since he died on set. But if the movie had him jumping and swinging around like Spiderman it would look stupid as hell.

When any special effect or superhero running/flying around is comparable to something real (King Kong vs. a real gorilla) the CGI is usually cheesy and fake no matter how much time and money they put into it. Although I didn't see the new Lion King movie. Going based off the trailers and screenshots, it looked real.

Often times a combination of this makes CGI bad: Fake/plasticky lighting, weird animations that jump frames, floaty physics, and that effect where there's a big screen of CGI going on (tons of warriors fighting as example) and they all seem to move similar at the same floaty movement and speed like the programmer cut and pasted 100 characters on screen with a max of 4 movements each and hopes nobody looks at them because the main foreground are two human actors fighting.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I know mums aren't the best way to judge anything but my mum just the other day said she loved the monkey suits they used in Rise/Dawn/War of the Apes.
LOL
She had no idea they were CGI, she really thought they were people in suits.

Last edited:
I know mums aren't the best way to judge anything but my mum just the other day said she loved the monkey suits they used in Rise/Dawn/War of the Apes.
LOL
She had no idea they were CGI, she really thought they were people in suits.

The monkeys in the new apes trilogy are absolutely some of the best CG there is.

MetalAlien

Banned
Watching the 2010 remake of Nightmare on Elm St... I haven't seen it since it came out...

God damn this movie makes no sense. Wes Craven flirted with the idea of making Freddy a molester back in 84 but thankfully dropped it in favor of being a child murderer.

The whole molester thing just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Why make the glove? Why try to kill anyone at all? Doesn't he want to fuck them instead? It just ruins the whole thing... this is fucking stupid.

Top Bottom