• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2: 4 Years Later | Whitelight

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

I honestly don't really like to watch long game critiques of games. Outside of this dude, he is the best one when it comes to this stuff. His work was multiple times on Gaf, so I want to share it.

WD2 is probably my favorite GTA-style game this gen and I am hoping that WD: Legion picks up more, because so far I am like 6 hours in and well it does not reach heights of WD2. So yeah, if you interested go take a look.

R6Rider

Gold Member
While Legion has been fun so far, I agree that it hasn't reached WD2 levels of good yet.

Last edited:

I honestly don't really like to watch long game critiques of games. Outside of this dude, he is the best one when it comes to this stuff. His work was multiple times on Gaf, so I want to share it.

WD2 is probably my favorite GTA-style game this gen and I am hoping that WD: Legion picks up more, because so far I am like 6 hours in and well it does not reach heights of WD2. So yeah, if you interested go take a look.

I loved Watch Dogs 2. I liked sneaking in buildings with tight security with just a little Robot. It felt very rewarding.

I remember hacking into the police database and tagging a security person as a Criminal. Then watching the police come and arrest them. I did that to all the guards of a building I needed to get in. Lol.

Stuff like that was pretty fun.

M1chl

I loved Watch Dogs 2. I liked sneaking in buildings with tight security with just a little Robot. It felt very rewarding.

I remember hacking into the police database and tagging a security person as a Criminal. Then watching the police come and arrest them. I did that to all the guards of a building I needed to get in. Lol.

Stuff like that was pretty fun.
Better than GTA V in every aspect. I really lost myself in that world.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I want to play it but I don’t know if I could spend that much time in San Francisco

CrysisFreak

Banned

Mate WD Legion gets worse. Some later missions are embarrassingly bad.
It's absolute trash and if you think it will get better oh boy you're wrong. I'm close to finishing it and I cannot believe what the fuck I'm playing.
Cringefest feat Stormzy.

M1chl

Mate WD Legion gets worse. Some later missions are embarrassingly bad.
It's absolute trash and if you think it will get better oh boy you're wrong. I'm close to finishing it and I cannot believe what the fuck I'm playing.
Cringefest feat Stormzy.
But but but....sigh.... I am actually having fun the gameplay so far needles to say. WD2 was strong that it got crazier and crazier and it was like really vibrant with everything. This have that London atsphere, which I don't mind. But I mainly both it because of that XSX hype video and well maybe...will see.

Certainly it's more fun than Doom: Eternal DLC, which is hard as fucking, I would even say bullshit difficult for controller.

jaysius

Banned
WD2 was truly the worse and the pinnacle of Ubi's shitty "we don't care just splatter mindless activities all over the map, as dense as possible" open world design, you can tell that from that to Origins there was a marked improvement, very slight, but there was a design philosophy shift after WD2.

That awful fucking character with the mask with the LED screen, that made me want to punch whatever shitty person created them. Although for these weird days, that awful fucking mask wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited:

M1chl

WD2 was truly the worse and the pinnacle of Ubi's shitty "we don't care just splatter mindless activities all over the map, as dense as possible" open world design, you can tell that from that to Origins there was a marked improvement, very slight, but there was a design philosophy shift after WD2.
Hmm, but WD2 is my favorite Ubi game this gen.

It's from creators of godlike Driver: San Francisco and it shows. So I am going to say that you are wrong.

jaysius

Banned
Hmm, but WD2 is my favorite Ubi game this gen.

I don't really like the Ubi games, I guess I just play AssCreed because of how much I loved AssCreed 2, and I even grinned and bared 3, but Black Flags was excellent for that era of AssCreed design.

Now the AssCreed and all of Ubi games are just soulless, meaningless grinds, they really don't care that the loot is shit and that it's all just to encourage you to use the store.

I really wish Valhalla was made a few years from now, waste another era on this shitty dark period of Ubi's trash design.

I find it really hard to go back and play the older AssCreed games, because they're so antiquated with their time wasting.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
But but but....sigh.... I am actually having fun the gameplay so far needles to say. WD2 was strong that it got crazier and crazier and it was like really vibrant with everything. This have that London atsphere, which I don't mind. But I mainly both it because of that XSX hype video and well maybe...will see.

Certainly it's more fun than Doom: Eternal DLC, which is hard as fucking, I would even say bullshit difficult for controller.
I know what you mean and no, it ain't happening. I remember the standout missions from WD2, you will not find them here.
There are very few that are remotely decent but twice as many that are unfiltered trash.
But go ahead, I want you to experience it yourself. Feel my suffering.
Just had this mission where I had to shoot three respawning drones for 5 minutes straight. Nearly killed myself. Fuck this.

It's from creators of godlike Driver: San Francisco and it shows. So I am going to say that you are wrong.
When I agree that WD2 is a great game, driving in that game is mediocre at best so I will disagree with a statement that it's obvious that WD2 was created by the team behind Driver: San Francisco.

Driving physics in Legions is miles better.

M1chl

I don't really like the Ubi games, I guess I just play AssCreed because of how much I loved AssCreed 2, and I even grinned and bared 3, but Black Flags was excellent for that era of AssCreed design.

Now the AssCreed and all of Ubi games are just soulless, meaningless grinds, they really don't care that the loot is shit and that it's all just to encourage you to use the store.

I really wish Valhalla was made a few years from now, waste another era on this shitty dark period of Ubi's trash design.
With that I agree, last AC which I enjoyed was Syndicate, that was probably my favorite outside of AC2. But I think that many design choices of Ubishit was not present in WD2, like a towers and millions of useless quests and stuff like that. I think that campaign was awesome and pretty like diverse in a sense of different missions and stuff.

I know what you mean and no, it ain't happening. I remember the standout missions from WD2, you will not find them here.
There are very few that are remotely decent but twice as many that are unfiltered trash.
But go ahead, I want you to experience it yourself. Feel my suffering.
Just had this mission where I had to shoot three respawning drones for 5 minutes straight. Nearly killed myself. Fuck this.
2hcl0v.jpg

When I agree that WD2 is a great game, driving in that game is mediocre at best so I will disagree with a statement that it's obvious that WD2 was created by the team behind Driver: San Francisco.

Driving physics in Legions is miles better.
It's even touched upon in this the video, it probably have some reason, even tho I agree that it was too snappy and too arcadey.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
With that I agree, last AC which I enjoyed was Syndicate, that was probably my favorite outside of AC2. But I think that many design choices of Ubishit was not present in WD2, like a towers and millions of useless quests and stuff like that. I think that campaign was awesome and pretty like diverse in a sense of different missions and stuff.

Syndicate ran like shit on my PS4 Pro, so I couldn't get into it, that game had some interesting ideas though, fuck them for being such slugs and never optimizing that game.

M1chl

Syndicate ran like shit on my PS4 Pro, so I couldn't get into it, that game had some interesting ideas though, fuck them for being such slugs and never optimizing that game.
Umm, I though it ran fine. I am not sure if I played that on PS4 or Xbox one, tho 🤔 But I do not have issues and I alsoplay it when Origins came out, I just needed some chill from AC... I really like that two different play styles and London.

ebevan91

I need to finish this game. I really liked the first one and I'm balls deep in to the 2nd one, probably close to 75% done.

It's even touched upon in this the video, it probably have some reason, even tho I agree that it was too snappy and too arcadey.
I need to finish watching it. I started last week but got distracted. I might even go for another playthrough. I finished it on PS4 Pro back in the day but also have it in my Steam library.

I was testing 3080 yesterday and briefly turned it in to benchmark. It's notoriously demanding on a PC and now it seems to finally run at 4k ~60FPS at max settings.

Problem is, I'm few hours in on my save and I completely don't know what's going on in the story. I'm not sure if I should start a new game or look for video recap of the story so far...

M1chl

I need to finish watching it. I started last week but got distracted. I might even go for another playthrough. I finished it on PS4 Pro back in the day but also have it in my Steam library.

I was testing 3080 yesterday and briefly turned it in to benchmark. It's notoriously demanding on a PC and now it seems to finally run at 4k ~60FPS at max settings.

Problem is, I'm few hours in on my save and I completely don't know what's going on in the story. I'm not sure if I should start a new game or look for video recap of the story so far...
That's always shit to come back to game which you forgot and start from the middle. But I would say it would be better to play WD2 than basically any other Ubi-type open world game this gen.

That's always shit to come back to game which you forgot and start from the middle. But I would say it would be better to play WD2 than basically any other Ubi-type open world game this gen.
To be honest I'm having fun with Legion but without a central character and somewhat focused narrative, It's feels like more of sandbox game to fool around instead of one that you can get yourself immersed in.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't like it nearly as much as WD2 driving. I reduced the sensitivity by a decent amount it it feels better now. The way the camera moves and snaps back and forth when turning is horrible, especially for motorcycles.

M1chl

To be honest I'm having fun with Legion but without a central character and somewhat focused narrative, It's feels like more of sandbox game to fool around instead of getting yourself immerse.
That is my take on this too, but I am not sure how long is it going to be fun for me.

I don't like it nearly as much as WD2 driving. I reduced the sensitivity by a decent amount it it feels better now. The way the camera moves and snaps back and forth when turning is horrible, especially for motorcycles.
Yeah I mean something feels off, that's for sure. But nothing to detract from my so far enjoyment.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah I mean something feels off, that's for sure. But nothing to detract from my so far enjoyment.

Overall it's not a big deal, but coming from playing some WD2 not too long ago it was annoying. After changing and getting used to it, it's no longer a problem. Although I have noticed vehicles overall are slower, even sports cars and sport bikes. It's like they reduced top speeds of cars.

RaZoR No1

Tried to play WD1 on PS3 and after 1-2 hours I immediately lost interest in the game. Somehow the gameplay itself was not for me at all.

Years later I played WD2 and the game was much more fun in every aspect. I really enjoyed the game and the mechanics. Hell even the story was pretty good for that game. Of course the game changed from WD1 serious tone to WD2 child's play with the "funky" art style etc. But it was a very good game.

At the moment I still don't know what I should think of WD:L. I hate games where I constantly have to switch between different characters.. This even was a big bad aspect of GTA V for me (and there the implementation was good)

Top Bottom