• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This has been the most technologically held back generation since the Wii.

Knightime_X

Both the old and the current new leaks clearly show it being a cross gen game.

Remember, this is Rockstar. They made GTA 5, a PS3 game, look like a PS4 game.

So GTA6 on PS4 will look like a PS5 game.

This means that a GTA on current gen only such as a PS5, should look like a PS6 game.

And both leaks clearly just show an incremental upgrade from GTA5 and more in line with Read Dead 2.
No chance.
GTA 5 on ps4 barely runs at 30fps
GTA 6 on ps4 will come with significant downgrades and look nothing like a ps5 game.

SHA

This means that a GTA on current gen only such as a PS5, should look like a PS6 game.

And both leaks clearly just show an incremental upgrade from GTA5 and more in line with Read Dead 2.
"unplayable ps5 game".

iHaunter

These consoles aren't powerful enough get that meaningful improvement in fidelity while doing 60 fps.
Have you played Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, Spider-Man 2 in RT mode?

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ozriel

M$FT
PS2 was released in 2000.

These 8 PS2 exclusive games were released in 2001. One year later.
8h58i0acc6011.jpg

1. The gulf in performance between the PS1 and PS2 was very significant.

2. Different architecture means porting across PS1 and PS2 was much harder. Nowadays, engines and dev tools do much of the heavy lifting.

3. Games cost a lot more to make these days, so it’s not out of the ordinary for devs to try to release on as many platforms as possible.

Thaimasker

Pretty sure i saw that the leaked footage was dated 2019. It was leaked in 2022, but the footage itself was from 2019.
Nah, This is well known on GTA forums.
The raw videos were stamped with the recording date and time and the computer it was recorded on.
The dates range from March, 2021 to September 13, 2022.

the Nvidia driver numbers was also from 2022.

Also, 2019 is basically when they started full development, I imagine what was leaked was way too much and far along from it to be from so early.

But again, in dev mode so early they turn down everything to the lowest settings and barely focused on the graphics much yet, unless it's someone specifically working on graphics.

Expecting graphics of matrix might be unrealistic...but they'll look as good as they can for the scale of the game.

Last edited:

Hudo

I get that Nintendo peeps love Nintendo. However, TOTK would be a budget release on PS5 if it was not a Zelda game.

It's just a fact.
Graphically, yeah, sure. From a gameplay point of view, God of War: Ragnarok and The Last of Us 2 feel like budget releases to me.

At least wait till we see the high quality made for public consumption GTA VI trailer before making silly assumptions.

Tunned

The potato quality video that leaked a few days ago, clearly showed us the game is running on PS3. Rockstar had to trash everything they worked on up until the major leak last year (this year?), and had no more money to develop for the PS5, so they went with the PS3.

Trust me, I'm an expert. GTAVI will release on the PS3, along with an upscaled version for the PS4 (for 20€ more), and an up-upscaled version for the PS5 (for 30€ on top of the 20€)...

Why is this even a topic? I just could not help myself to shitpost in a shit thread, sorry

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Again looks like this generation just began I don’t want to bring up Covid but it did stall things as a result this gen basically just began

So

Womens Basketball Dance GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve not seeing anything on par with that GTA trailer so yeah, it’s pretty crazy to think this will release 5 years after these consoles launched. WTF has everyone else been doing.

This is more technologically held back since there are very few 9th gen exclusives and the graphics are just 8th gen graphics but with 60fps. In 7th gen most games were being made from the ground up for 7th gen consoles(which was a gigantic leap from 6th gen) and the few Wii ports of those games were on an entirely different engine and heavily downgraded.

Last edited:
Have you played Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, Spider-Man 2 in RT mode?

Didn't really notice a difference in R&C, other than the frame rate. RT can look good but it is true that the current gen consoles don't have enough power for good enough use of it.

I should point out that while GTA 6 does look in engine, it might be an FMV using the in game engine as a source.

Last edited:
Top Bottom