• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG Tech PS5 vs XSX patch, performance drops to ps5 1368p and XSX 1080p (AC Valhalla)

I find more brutal the more powerful machine can't give the same performance of the weaker and it needs to low at 1080p, frankly.

You would, wouldn't you?

Everything is console wars with you. It wouldn't surprise me to find you actually don't have a next gen console yet, so you don't actually play games like this. Low FPS, tearing and dynamic resolution are all nebulous concepts which exist in the ether, waiting to be plucked out when it makes your future plastic box of choice seem superior.

Lol at Hix shamelessly trying to turn 1080p into a W. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

It's not a W. I'm saying the patch was bad on both and not necessarily representative of either console's potential.

But ok, you guys win.

assurdum

Banned
You would, wouldn't you?

Everything is console wars with you. It wouldn't surprise me to find you actually don't have a next gen console yet, so you don't actually play games like this. Low FPS, tearing and dynamic resolution are all nebulous concepts which exist in the ether, waiting to be plucked out when it makes your future plastic box of choice seem superior.

It's not a W. I'm saying the patch was bad on both and not necessarily representative of either console's potential.

But ok, you guys win.
Says the guy who reported repeatedly Valhalla would have been 4k native on series X and laughed to everyone who pointed out to him how irrational he was. You really have a short memory if I can say.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
PS5 was fine with the actual render limited to 1440p with very low tearing.
Ubi trying parity dropped it and make both the image and performance worst in that version.

How do you decrease the image quality, decrease the performance and increase the tearing with a patch?

Now the Xbox dropping resolution was expected and even DF thought it needed a more aggressive VRS to hold 60fps and decrease the tearing.

Last edited:
PS5 was fine with the actual render limited to 1440p with very low tearing.
Ubi trying parity dropped it and make both the image and performance worst in that version.

How do you decrease the image quality, decrease the performance and increase the tearing with a patch?

Now the Xbox dropping resolution was expected and even DF thought it needed a more aggressive VRS to hold 60fps and decrease the tearing.

Rushed patch with little QA. Kiddie slider play.

Xbox guys were celebrating a "win" before the actual comparisons were released.

Now you seem to have a major problem with it.

Two wrongs make a right, great logic there.

So here's the rub, in this comparison video PS5s performance is tanking and the other consoles measured don't seem to be doing that hot either.

Instead of us all agreeing this is yet again another case of Ubisoft shitting out a poorly optimised video game, we're console warring. It's sad and I'm done. Take your W if you want.

Both are bad for different reasons and I wouldn’t call either a win.

I have it on XSX and the performance mode is much more enjoyable for me post patch as the tearing and drops were very distracting so it would be my personal choice over the PS5 version which still looks poor and clearly needs to drop further but 1080p on a cross-gen game is undeniably weak.

thelastword

Banned
PS5 wins since XSX isn't outperforming the PS5 in any game. If this stays that way, then yes....multiplats will be best on PS5 together with the controller.

I'm not seeing any advantages for XSX atm. Other then a great service like gamepass and more mature BC, it also feels the console is a bit dead atm.

Microsoft is completely silent around it and it looks like the marketing is also kinda dead. They will have a hard time when Sony announce their gamepass competitor.
Well, when most of your marketing is based on FUD Discord and Twitter handles, when the actual results come and it does not mesh with the fudulent hype, there is not much you can do or say then. The reality is like a blinding sun. Lots of these folk will go back to their caves in hibernation. Till the tools mature I guess.

mhirano

Ubisoft employee learning Microsoft and Sony new tools and fixing ACV performance:
0WZPOFJ.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Two wrongs make a right, great logic there.

So here's the rub, in this comparison video PS5s performance is tanking and the other consoles measured don't seem to be doing that hot either.

Instead of us all agreeing this is yet again another case of Ubisoft shitting out a poorly optimised video game, we're console warring. It's sad and I'm done. Take your W if you want.

You're not getting it.

I'm calling out the fact that you didn't complain this much when Xbox fans were celebrating a "win" months ago when it was announced that PlayStation 5 would run Assassins Creed at an upscaled 4K vs the Xbox Series X version at a full native 4K (which turned out to be false).

You were even laugh reacting at the comments Xbox fans were making on the thread.

I don't care who "wins", I just expect these consoles to be close in performance, but it is interesting that PS5 is neck and neck with Xbox, which is considered to be the most powerful console in the world.

Exanthus

Banned
What a cluster......
They said 1080p to was uncommon/rare so no point even focussing on that.

Clearly Ubi are masters in there craft...

SSfox

Well, when most of your marketing is based on FUD Discord and Twitter handles, when the actual results come and it does not mesh with the fudulent hype, there is not much you can do or say then. The reality is like a blinding sun. Lots of these folk will go back to their caves in hibernation. Till the tools mature I guess.

You can notice the contrast already when you see for example Sony guys like Shu or Hermen Hulst and cie post about actual games stuffs, while people like Major Nelson or Aaron retweet DF comparatif and even pin those tweets (of course they don't retweet DF anymore now that PS5 is the one outperforming)

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Says the guy who reported repeatedly Valhalla would have been 4k native on series X and laughed to everyone who pointed out to him how irrational he was. You really have a short memory if I can say.
That's true isn't it.... I heard there was a big thread where AC on Series X would be 4k native and PS would be up to 4k.....PS got so much licks on this, so much gloating, but now PS5 has better rez and better effects with that. Strange times...

Tripolygon

Banned
Both are bad for different reasons and I wouldn’t call either a win.

I have it on XSX and the performance mode is much more enjoyable for me post patch as the tearing and drops were very distracting so it would be my personal choice over the PS5 version which still looks poor and clearly needs to drop further but 1080p on a cross-gen game is undeniably weak.
Nope
So Basically best versions are: PS5 pre-patch > PS5 post-patch > XSX post-patch > XSX pre-patch
This is why I love physical games. Original code can never be replaced unless you update.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the thread? I mean anytime there's a comparison thread there's always going to be console warring in it.
OP is one of the leading fanboys here.
Posts a thread with only half the info to make one console look inferior to another to make himself feel more secure in his possible console choice.
Please.

You're not getting it.

I'm calling out the fact that you didn't complain this much when Xbox fans were celebrating a "win" months ago when it was announced that PlayStation 5 would run Assassins Creed at an upscaled 4K vs the Xbox Series X version at a full native 4K (which turned out to be false).

You were even laugh reacting at the comments Xbox fans were making on the thread.

I don't care who "wins", I just expect these consoles to be close in performance, but it is interesting that PS5 is neck and neck with Xbox, which is considered to be the most powerful console in the world.

So laugh reacting is back to being a good thing again, apparently?

Again, two wrongs apparently make the right with you.

If there is a power advantage to series X, it's minimal and parity will be the main story of the generation.

Ultimately however this game, particularly with this patch, isn't a good indication of anything.

What's wrong with the thread? I mean anytime there's a comparison thread there's always going to be console warring in it.

OP didn't even wait to post the name of the game in his thread title, such was his haste to console war.

It's a performance test, but, instead of talking about performance, he and everyone else seem to be discussing minimum dynamic resolution targets.

PS5 post patch has way more screen tearing and frequent FPS dips, so a more accurate list would be PS5 pre patch > XsX post patch > PS5 post patch

Last edited by a moderator:

assurdum

Banned

If there is a power advantage to series X, it's minimal and parity will be the main story of the generation.

Ultimately however this game, particularly with this patch, isn't a good indication of anything.

OP didn't even wait to post the name of the game in his thread title, such was his haste to console war.

It's a performance test, but, instead of talking about performance, he and everyone else seem to be discussing minimum dynamic resolution targets.

PS5 post patch has way more screen tearing and frequent FPS dips, so a more accurate list would be PS5 pre patch > XsX post patch > PS5 post patch
Someone help him.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You're making excuses. If you had no problem with Xbox fans doing it, then don't have a problem with PS fans doing it.

Top Bottom