• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Verge] Spencer says "every time we ship a game on PlayStation... Sony captures 30 percent of the revenue ... to try to reduce Xbox's survival ..."

Kokoloko85

I dont understand this guy lol. He’s coming off like a little kid who threw rocks and then cries about it. Victim Phil.

Gamepass, 3rd party exclusives like Titanfall and Ark 2 and spending billions to buy entire publisher libraries is also actions to reduce Playstation survival…
On top of the fact that Your team says they want to destroy Playstation. What are you on about???

ZoukGalaxy

Animated GIF

AmuroChan

And MS does the same for MLB and uh I guess Destiny now.

It's actually worse for Sony with MLB. By putting it on Gamepass day 1, a lot fewer copies are being sold a la carte on XBox as a result of that. That's a 70% cut that Sony is losing out on. Sony also loses out on sales on their own platform because multi-console owners may opt to just play it on Gamepass instead of paying $70 for the game on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Gotta love it when the 2 trillion dollar mega Corp plays the victim. Sony ain't no saints either but this is hilariously absurd.

Edit: OMG he actually said 'Xbox's survival' in the quote. One of the largest corporations in the world whom average, off the top of my head, 20B dollars in profit PER YEAR, is worried about survival... Do they honestly believe the judge is going to buy that? Who TF at MS decided this was the play to make?

Sheeeeeeesh 😂

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Console Gaming 101 - Taught By Professor No Shit Sherlock Spencer

In this course, students will learn about the basics of the console business. For example, did you know that $500 consoles that dont even come with actual video games??? You have to buy them separately for $70. WTF.

Last edited:
If we check my "Phil Spencer Persona" Chart, this must be Victim Phil

Kumbaya Phil - Let's all play together | Xbox is a service | anti-console war. Peace and love (powered by XBOX) | Let's hold hands and be like Nintendo.
Bad guy Phil - We want to disrupt the market before Amazon or Apple | Xbox is a console | "Sony isn't are focus" | Nintendo needs us (gets a % for online play).
Victim Phil - The Industry is against us | Sony is being mean | Xbox is the outcast | It's Japan's fault | Nintendo never shares with us.

this dude just wont stop

Last edited:

Kilau

Gotta love it when the 2 trillion dollar mega Corp plays the victim. Sony ain't no saints either but this is hilariously absurd.

Edit: OMG he actually said 'Xbox's survival' in the quote. One of the largest corporations in the world whom average, off the top of my head, 20B dollars in profit PER YEAR, is worried about survival... Do they honestly believe the judge is going to buy that? Who TF at MS decided this was the play to make?

Sheeeeeeesh 😂
The judge will buy it if she doesn’t want something awful to happen to her son’s new job at MS.

make cant refuse GIF

Nydius

How many actual Microsoft Game Studios games have shipped on PlayStation, Phil?

I'm not counting Deathloop or Ghostwire Tokyo.
Or, hell, you know what, I'll even count those despite them being in a gray area around the Zenimax acquisition.

Let's see... Minecraft and its spinoffs, and, uh...Psychonauts 2?

Not many other MGS games going to PlayStation that I can see, certainly not enough where the 30% industry standard profit would be enough for Sony to generate enough revenue to "block" Microsoft. As opposed to Microsoft who, upon the mere speculation that Starfield might be console or timed exclusive, spent 7 billion dollars to buy the entire fuggin' company.

Top Bottom