• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vagrant Story |OT| Finest game in all of Valendia

neoism

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The atmosphere, writing, and directing in this game is stunningly good and I was already a huge fan of Matsuno, WOW.
Yeah this is the first time I'm playing this after beating FF12 which is my favorite RPG of all fucking time. I fucking love Matsuno, wish he would make another FF... :(

neoism

(e) Enemy Friendship
-----------------------------

This trick follows on from the Confusion status, and is the discovery of Daniel
Day. I have got it to work by his method, but I think it's simpler than that.
Essentially, you need to heal an enemy - possibly several times - so that you
rescue it from a critical or near-death situation. You'll know if it works,
because the enemy will start following you everywhere, while displaying a little
thought bubble with a big, red heart!

Daniel's method gets enemies to ally with you by taking advantage of the
Confusion status mentioned in the previous section. Repeatedly position yourself
so that one enemy gets hit by its colleagues three times in succession. Then
keep casting Heal on that enemy until its wounds are healed (it may take more
than one Heal spell). If it works, you'll win the friendship of this enemy. The
loyal converted unit will fight other enemies on your behalf, and may be
targeted for attack by those enemies instead of you.

The state will be cancelled if you subsequently attack your enemy, but they seem
prepared to ignore the fact that you attacked them previously. If you try to
make friends with an enemy by healing them before they've taken three hits,
you'll need to start again from scratch to get another three enemy hits on them
before they'll be amenable to this technique again.
:O :O

JESUS Been reading the faq for an hour or soo... This game is soo fucking deep it isn't even funny..

GatorBait

Pinko Marx said:
For anyone playing the first time thru, an FAQ on the game mechanics is REQUIRED READING. Seriously. If you don't study up on at least how to properly train your weapons you WILL get stuck.
I never knew so many people had problems with this game until I came to NeoGAF. I had no problems making it through the game without a guide as a 15-16 year old kid, so reading up on the mechanics certainly isn't required reading.

conman

GatorBait said:
I never knew so many people had problems with this game until I came to NeoGAF. I had no problems making it through the game without a guide as a 15-16 year old kid, so reading up on the mechanics certainly isn't required reading.
I'm about 4-5 hours in and haven't needed any help. Not sure if that stays true, but so far, as long as I pay attention to my inventory and combat, it doesn't seem too complicated. Seems to share a lot in common with Demon's Souls. Overwhelming at first, but you get used to it. Neither game requires a guide. Just pay attention to what you're doing and pay attention to your weapon stats.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's only complicated on the surface because the game does a real shit job of organizing vital information to the player. It buries so many helpful elements under menus and in a very inelegant manner. Analyze for instance...why isn't the key information displayed in the attack cone targeting screen instead of hidden in the menu once successfully cast?

I've nearing the end of my fresh play(25+ hrs) still -only- using my three weapons and against any given enemy I can pull off extremely damaging hits, regardless of class, affinity, and type without ever grinding.

Basically my loadout is(all 1-handed):
-Edged sword(mostly against humans or one-off creatures/bosses weak to edge)
-A basic Iron rapier(Obviously for Piercing, but mostly useful for dragons, phantoms)
-Blunt Mace(Upgraded from the starter axe with a single combination to make it blunt. The second half of the game is full of blunt weak stuff, and the starter axe probably built up a decent light affinity fighting those bats and wolves, which is often useful against blunt weak enemies I've found.)

You -can- go nuts and have the full complement of 8 available weapon slots dedicated to unique breeds and enemies, but that just is just punishing yourself with limited inventory space and excess menu fiddling, for what amounts to little overall damage benefits. Especially on a first play through.

You really don't need to focus on the class type(human, beast, etc...) that stat has the weakest benefits compared to element and blade type(shame that the interface always shows Class page first on equipment status, making it seem most vital...but it isn't). Sure a 75 Undead stat will do decent damage to undead, but that same enemy might be weak to air, and a quick air-gem slotting and an air-buff spell to your weapon will do SO much more at 75 than the 'Undead 75' will. Bottom-line, the class bonuses pale in comparison to element damage, which is far more malleable to adjust on the fly with gems and spells(instead of grinding unique weapons). Which is why you only need the three basic weapons(preferably 1-handers to keep the shield for huge defense help).

MoogPaul

So I'm at a brick wall. My edged sword, piece sword, and blunt mace are doing no damage to even humans. I just beat the Sky Dragon and I'm beginning to loose interest in everything except the story.

MoogPaul said:
So I'm at a brick wall. My edged sword, piece sword, and blunt mace are doing no damage to even humans. I just beat the Sky Dragon and I'm beginning to loose interest in everything except the story.

This is what happened to me at one point. I was doing fine and then I got into a battle that takes place in sort of an outside city type area against (i think) 3 humans. The main boss one I couldn't damage for the life of me, no matter what weapon I used

Fimbulvetr said:
Yoshida is clearly a fan of asses

Who isn't!

robotzombie said:
Okay, so is the ultimate consensus that you only need 3 weapons? A blunt, an edged, and a pierce? Are the enemy class bonuses really not important?

Using three weapons of the three types is a lot more efficient than trying to juggle an inventory of 6+ weapons, certainly.

When I played, I had one weapon of each type, and would pick the two monster classes best-suited to that type and use it whenever I fought that type as long as it was doing even moderately non-terrible damage (supplementing with element gems/buffs as necessary.) You can get your class affinities up pretty high this way, and you will do quite a bit more damage than you would ignoring the mechanic completely; you just don't need to.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
OH AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD USE BUFFS!

Very key; the buffs in VS are excellent and make a huge difference in most fights.

MoogPaul said:

With foes like that, you can keep doing combos... first attack doesnt do shit, but the next one will make 2 damage, and the next 4, and then 6, etc. (or it was only with +1? dont remember); of course your risk will go to 99, but with each hit your sword will get affinity to humans, and with some humans defeated (some times with the same you are fighting) you will start to make some damage to them. I loved the combos on this game :)

Peff

It's just 1 extra HP each hit, but it's worth noting that chains don't change Class or Affinity, only the first hit does.

As for the human foes (which I assume are Duane, Sarjik and Bejark shortly after defeating the first dragon), they're the ultimate test to see if the player is doing well. Only two of them attack you at first, and if you remain there Duane won't likely move for the time being, so use Prostasia, Degenerate, the Edged Sword and Braveheart for the two minions, then go after the last one but DON'T CHAIN. He has way too much evasion for it to be worth the increased risk.

Peff said:
It's just 1 extra HP each hit, but it's worth noting that chains don't change Class or Affinity, only the first hit does.

As for the human foes (which I assume are Duane, Sarjik and Bejark shortly after defeating the first dragon), they're the ultimate test to see if the player is doing well. Only two of them attack you at first, and if you remain there Duane won't likely move for the time being, so use Prostasia, Degenerate, the Edged Sword and Braveheart for the two minions, then go after the last one but DON'T CHAIN. He has way too much evasion for it to be worth the increased risk.

Umm well, I tought the chains worked for affinity... when I played this game , I defeated several foes with only chains, and by the end of the battle I started to do more damage to them. OR maybe Im just mixing memories...

Okay, so I just got to the first workshop, any good combination suggestions for this early?

Should I start combining my weapons and armors right away?

And should I always repair all my equipment?

Gems can be attached and detached at will, correct?

And lastly, as a non workshop question, should I always use my stat increasing items as soon as I get them? Is there randomness to them, where I should save first to maximize the increase?

Stat raising items can go up to +4 but usually it's not worth the reloading time to get that. +3 is perfectly fine however and I definitely recommend going for that. The only other permanent way to raise stats is through beating bosses and you could end up with crap upgrades like +1 HP.

You're liable to stumble upon some wines, those boost stats as well.

Gems can be configured at any time. Obviously you want to hang on to quite a few gems so you can swap out for the perfect setup with any boss.
Always combine equipment if the result turns out to be a better weapon/armor. However if you get a piece of equipment that's way beyond anything you can currently forge then consider using the better piece instead of attempting to forge it for bonuses. The added STR/INT adds far more to the capability of a weapon than the bonuses.

EDIT: Oh and the guide that neoism has been quoting is one of my favorites.
EDIT x2: Oh oh and I threw together a review for whatever reason.
EDIT x3: Magic Ward is way useful.

Brandon F

Just finished the game.

All told, I found the latter 1/3rd of the game a real letdown. The world becomes real confusing to navigate, often trying to pinpoint your next objective a messy setback. The first part of the game was very smooth at handling progression, giving a nice linear path with the occasional optional room or two for loot. All of that really falls apart as you edge towards the end-game, collecting strange keys that are difficult to discern where to teleport around the world in order to use them; gives the impression that the world/map design wasn't as well thought out as initially conceived.

Then there are the block puzzles(Oh GOD those block puzzles!) well they really become a nuisance to deal with and are practically brick wall moments. I turned to a faq after the first couple, because they get DEVILISH in the final hours of the game. Why the fuck were they even included? Just awful.

Final dungeon also put forth a needless amount of platforming, which again, just doesn't play to the strengths of the game. The dreaded final boss did take me a few tries to figure out, there was a real opportunity here for something that twisted the core game systems on end, rushing to exploit changing weaknesses and weapon use...but no, instead it's a big dumb fight with invisible information that you either cheese through, or survive by attrition. The core weapon and stat systems fall completely apart in the second half of this fight, and are essentially turned off. (I even purposefully leveled Evil to 100 just outside the dungeon on a dummy to see if it made any discerning difference on the chain combos...it didn't...so I cheesed him with Break attacks. It felt dumb, but it's a dumb boss). It tosses away the core mechanics, and everything you worked towards learning for the entirety of the game.

Shame, because I adored the first 2/3rds of the game, but the final section pretty much turned me off from doing a New Game+ run now.

Brandon F

robotzombie said:
Okay, so I just got to the first workshop, any good combination suggestions for this early?

Should I start combining my weapons and armors right away?

And should I always repair all my equipment?

Gems can be attached and detached at will, correct?

And lastly, as a non workshop question, should I always use my stat increasing items as soon as I get them? Is there randomness to them, where I should save first to maximize the increase?

First workshop...not much you can really do there. Unless you are throwing constant chains of 'Temper' out during chain combos to keep your weapons repaired, then always repair in workshops. The only drawback to repairing is losing the PP points you accumulate on your weapons from killing stuff(which give damage and other undocumented bonuses), but PP is easilly re-earned after a few kills, so you never need to even think about it. Repair always.

Feel perfectly free to experiment mixing any armor stuff you have. Leather and Wood are so worthless that it will end up clogging up your storage box anyway. You will earn much better armor soon anyway, so you can't really mess up with combining armor here. I'd avoid doing anything to your weapons until the second workshop though(when you can mix Bronze/Iron for Hagane). But wood/leather stuff you probably have at this point? Go nuts with!

Thanks for all the tips.

As for gems, you can't just unequip them once you put them onto something? Can you get it back by disassembling the weapon?

Brandon F

robotzombie said:
Thanks for all the tips.

As for gems, you can't just unequip them once you put them onto something? Can you get it back by disassembling the weapon?

You can always unequip gems from anything. Just go to items->setup->attach gems->and switch them up as needed, even in the middle of fights. You will end up doing this often, especially in boss fights once you figure out their weaknesses. Nothing gem related is ever lost or permanently infused.

Keep in mind that the slots for attaching gems are related purely to the hilt equipped on your weapon. You discover new hilts from chests, or rewards from enemies/bosses(often already attached to new weapons you get). Later in the game you will find some hilts that have 2-3 gem slots. Always good to disassemble your main weapons in workshops and attach better hilts for those new slots. Hilts also are the primary way to raise your blade type stat(Edge/Blunt/Pierce), When attaching your blade, make sure the hilt will give a decent bump to the type of blade you are attaching(ie. give your edge sword a hilt that has the highest Edge stat..with a gem slot or two obviously)

Shields are a bit different. The better the shield, the more gem slots it will have generally.

Peff

You can take them out simply by pressing the button in the spot of the equipped gem again when the list opens, but once you do you have to exit with the "accept" option instead of the X button or will still be equipped.

RobertM

MoogPaul said:
Use this site as a reference http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Vagrant_Story_Enemies
Buff yourself with the affinities enemy is weak to and use Herakles to increase strength. Also necklace help increase the Type properties of weapon, just look at the stats.

how do we increase physical and elemental affinity? I know some spells and gem that modify elemntal affinity like air or earth, but what about the physical trait?

Wow! Okay, so the last time I tried this game (years ago) I remember getting to Father Duane and literally only being able to do 0 damage no matter what I tried. I just got to him again now, and I was doing 50hp a hit. I love this game with all my heart.

Now for a question: I have a Hagane Sword and Club, and I just got an Iron rapier from the Duane battle. I was wondering what I gotta do to mix with that Iron rapier to get a better one handed pierce weapon?

mr_boo

The character designs were simply so grand - yes, even superior than MGS...Callo, Tieger and Neesa were my favorites. One of my favorite lines in the game,
Tieger: "Now the slowest dance begins, partner! ...'Tis a fine tomb we shall share!"

Brandon F

robotzombie said:
Wow! Okay, so the last time I tried this game (years ago) I remember getting to Father Duane and literally only being able to do 0 damage no matter what I tried. I just got to him again now, and I was doing 50hp a hit. I love this game with all my heart.

Now for a question: I have a Hagane Sword and Club, and I just got an Iron rapier from the Duane battle. I was wondering what I gotta do to mix with that Iron rapier to get a better one handed pierce weapon?

As far as I am aware, that Iron rapier is all you get for 1-hand pierce. (I used it for the rest of the entire game as my 1-hand Pierce). I tried endless combinations to combine for a better rapier, but I don't think it's possible. :( Not a big deal though, that Iron rapier will perform perfectly enough on its own through the end of the game(keep a dragonite gem on it for lizardmen, maybe an undead one on occasion).

I managed to make increasingly better 1-hander swords and Blunt maces though.

Callibretto said:
how do we increase physical and elemental affinity? I know some spells and gem that modify elemntal affinity like air or earth, but what about the physical trait?

There are 'physical' gems out there too. Mostly you'll also just naturally upgrade that stat without thinking about it.

Totakeke

I just started this game, I know there's a lot of stats, combos, spells, and stuff, but before I get all those, are you just supposed mash the attack button as fast as possible? How do you know when you're able to attack again? Is this governed by any stats? Seems kind of silly since I'm mashing the buttons and kill the enemy before they can attack me once.

Brandon F

Totakeke said:
I just started this game, I know there's a lot of stats, combos, spells, and stuff, but before I get all those, are you just supposed mash the attack button as fast as possible? How do you know when you're able to attack again? Is this governed by any stats? Seems kind of silly since I'm mashing the buttons and kill the enemy before they can attack me once.

In the beginning, yep. Just mash out all you can. Eventually you'll start to understand how 'Risk' works, which in a sense penalizes you for being mash happy. You'll also get the ability to chain attacks soon enough.

But in the early goings, just kill shit with reckless abandon.

jorgeton

Replaying this game, boy does it hold up well. Better than a lot of next gen RPGs, by a mile. I think the real meat of this game is how complex it is, it doesn't pander to the player by automating or streamlining everything, or keeping the difficulty low, you have to put work and thought into making Ashley a killing machine.

Also, anyone else get the impression that
Sydney and Hardin are lovers?
It went over my head when I first played it as a wee teen, now I'm getting a vibe from them. That whole conversation on how good a "friends" they are... Mm hmm.

Minsc

Gold Member
Got my imported copy of Tactics Ogre, but have no use for the code (Euro PSN only I think), already bought Vagrant Story on PSN besides. I'd just as well straight post it, but I'd rather a member get it than some random guest browsing, if anyone even wants it! No need to quote/reply further, just a PM and it's yours. I'll update this post if anyone takes it to avoid confusion / additional thread de-railing.

That said, this game is going to go on my short list for 2011, looking forward to playing it in the coming months once TO is out of the way.

Edit: Code taken!

Alucrid

Banned
I'm a little lost. I just started to replay this and I left off right after
the battle with Rosencrantz in Lea Monde.
I have no idea what to do next though..

Alucrid said:
I'm a little lost. I just started to replay this and I left off right after
the battle with Rosencrantz in Lea Monde.
I have no idea what to do next though..
There should be a doorway in the courtyard where that fight takes place.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Wolf Akela said:

Amen, brother. I was in Japan july 1997. Brave Fencer Musashiden came out a couple of days before I left and came with it a playable demo of Final Fantasy VIII. Within a day or two second-hand copies showed up. I kinda bought BFM there for that demo - same reason others already had dumped it I guess - but ended up having a lot of fun with BFM too! But there was also a trailer for Vagrant Story, pretty much this intro I think. I used to think that ending with Ashley looking over his shoulder and the gate falling down was pretty much the epitome of epic. Still do, actually. I'd love to see a HD remake of Vagrant Story for PS3, but I guess VS is too niche and SE too lazy with it's ports...

Rei_Toei said:
Amen, brother. I was in Japan july 1997. Brave Fencer Musashiden came out a couple of days before I left and came with it a playable demo of Final Fantasy VIII. Within a day or two second-hand copies showed up. I kinda bought BFM there for that demo - same reason others already had dumped it I guess - but ended up having a lot of fun with BFM too! But there was also a trailer for Vagrant Story, pretty much this intro I think. I used to think that ending with Ashley looking over his shoulder and the gate falling down was pretty much the epitome of epic. Still do, actually. I'd love to see a HD remake of Vagrant Story for PS3, but I guess VS is too niche and SE too lazy with it's ports...
Any remake of Vagrant Story that does a better job of teaching new players how equipment works (I adore VS, but really, you DO need to read up elsewhere to understand the game, and that shouldn't be the case) and adds a quick weapon swap button would be an extraordinarily welcome thing. It's still a phenomenally well-paced dungeon crawler and holds up extraordinarily well in that sense, so yeah, it'd be great to see it remade. More likely on a handheld than on a console, though, I think.

Wow, Vagrant Story...that brings back memories. I do recall it having one of the finest video game soundtracks to bless these ears. I was fond of pretty much everything apart from the combat really.

Alucrid

Banned
badcrumble said:
There should be a doorway in the courtyard where that fight takes place.

I think I know what you're talking about, but doesn't that just lead to a hallway with a ton of locked doors?

Alucrid said:
I think I know what you're talking about, but doesn't that just lead to a hallway with a ton of locked doors?
I'm pretty sure that hallway is the way you came in, not the way you're supposed to exit.

Brandon F said:
Just finished the game.

All told, I found the latter 1/3rd of the game a real letdown. The world becomes real confusing to navigate, often trying to pinpoint your next objective a messy setback. The first part of the game was very smooth at handling progression, giving a nice linear path with the occasional optional room or two for loot. All of that really falls apart as you edge towards the end-game, collecting strange keys that are difficult to discern where to teleport around the world in order to use them; gives the impression that the world/map design wasn't as well thought out as initially conceived.

Then there are the block puzzles(Oh GOD those block puzzles!) well they really become a nuisance to deal with and are practically brick wall moments. I turned to a faq after the first couple, because they get DEVILISH in the final hours of the game. Why the fuck were they even included? Just awful.

Final dungeon also put forth a needless amount of platforming, which again, just doesn't play to the strengths of the game. The dreaded final boss did take me a few tries to figure out, there was a real opportunity here for something that twisted the core game systems on end, rushing to exploit changing weaknesses and weapon use...but no, instead it's a big dumb fight with invisible information that you either cheese through, or survive by attrition. The core weapon and stat systems fall completely apart in the second half of this fight, and are essentially turned off. (I even purposefully leveled Evil to 100 just outside the dungeon on a dummy to see if it made any discerning difference on the chain combos...it didn't...so I cheesed him with Break attacks. It felt dumb, but it's a dumb boss). It tosses away the core mechanics, and everything you worked towards learning for the entirety of the game.

Shame, because I adored the first 2/3rds of the game, but the final section pretty much turned me off from doing a New Game+ run now.

You have no soul, and I will make destroying you my new goal in life.

Not really, I agree on some of the things you noted, but I'd be more oriented to say that the 1/4 and 2/4 part of the game were brilliant, the 3/4 has some weaknesses, and the final act was brilliant again). Plus, the best ending in videogame history.

Urban Scholar said:
Playing through new game +, so when do I get the rod inverse? This is what opens up the iron maiden right? Love rock references.
Remember the ending?
You already have it.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Just wanted to drop in and thank Minsc for the code. When the store's back up I'm going to put this on my PSP and get back into Lea Monde. Thanks dude!

Time to go hunt for my old guide at my parent's attic, I'm not sure if I'm still hardcore enough to tackle VS solo :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Months old bump, but I got a $20 PSN as an early birthday gift, so I bought Vagrant Story this weekend and have been going through it.

The cutscenes are pretty amazing, way more detailed than Metal Gear Solid which was already the epitome of cutscene interaction for the PSX for me.

That said, I've been getting my ass kicked by most of the bosses outside of the tutorial area as I've been going. The whole "you only need three types!" is bullshit. I'm in the Abandoned Mine B1 area, and just fought
Sydney's dragon round 2
withed an Blunt Goblin Mace and doing 5-10 a pop. No gems for the hilt, so I put the race type in the shield and took 30-40 minutes wacking away at 300-400HP doing 1-5 a pop IF I HIT. 65% chance with no risk and as risk increased (going to 60 unless I abused the RISK -25% roots) I kept having MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS even as I attempted to chain.

So that whole "you only need the three types and not classes!" is a bit bullshit, IMO.

I'm still enjoying the game, but the whole weapon system is too convoluted for it's own good and punishes you for trying to make decent weapons with no good hilts. :|

Blunt against a dragon? That's like the worst type for dragons. Pierce works best against them. There's kind of an idealogy in the game when it comes to types. Like, you need to pierce through thick dragon hide, or break skeleton bones to pieces with blunt, etc

Use your buff/debuff spells. Using the proper weapon affinity spell pretty much boost your damage by 50.

For the record, on my recent playthrough I didn't even bother with hilts. I went mostly with just Class and some Affinity.

Dreamer RD

The plot, characters, graphics and music are awesome. Gameplay is kinda boring though. All these dungeon exploring, keys etc. Main reason why I finished game only 2 times without sidequests.

Also, what about sequel? There was some rumor about it in 2007. Havent heard any since then.

RZI

This is one of my favourite games ever. PlayStation had some really great games.

Though, when I first played Vagrant Story I fucking hated it. I remember being stuck because all of my weapons did 0-1 points damage. But when I restarted it and learned how to make good weapons it was so good. The first and only time I have had to restart a game from the beginning.

mattp

RZI said:
This is one of my favourite games ever. PlayStation had some really great games.

Though, when I first played Vagrant Story I fucking hated it. I remember being stuck because all of my weapons did 0-1 points damage. But when I restarted it and learned how to make good weapons it was so good. The first and only time I have had to restart a game from the beginning.
yep, same thing happened to me, only i didn't start over. i traded it in and got legend of mana lol
which is one of my favorite games, so i'm not unhappy about it. but i've been meaning to play it again for YEARS, and still haven't gotten to it yet.
i always chalked it up to me being young and too stupid to realize the game was great haha. i guess i was like 15 at the time?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
The treasure chests in this game are so rewarding (plus several bosses loot) that it makes any dungeon worth exploring, even if it seems boring at first.

BTW, focusing on attirbutes is better than on creature types. That's because:
1) Hitting the elemental weakness of an enemy causes more damage than its creature type;
2) It's easier to change your elemental attirbutes with gems AND accessories. For creatures, you have to grind by using a type of weapon versus a type of creature;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wolf Akela said:
Blunt against a dragon? That's like the worst type for dragons. Pierce works best against them. There's kind of an idealogy in the game when it comes to types. Like, you need to pierce through thick dragon hide, or break skeleton bones to pieces with blunt, etc

GameFAQs said:
i looked at beamups combat mechanics guide apart from his tailwhich is weak to edged. every other body part is weak against BLUNT attacks... not piercing like you said you were using earlier.

hes also weakest to physical affinity so if you cant get to his tail you can attack other parts with a blunt weapon. the goblins in the area drop one handed blunt weapons quite regularly so you can get one from these if you ont already have one...

if you need to boost the physical affinity id say backtrack to a training dummy to make physical the dominant affinity for it... this should result in better damage allowing you to maintain buffs debuffs and heal yourself using the gain magic ability to regen your mp if needed...

it sounds a little dense but have to created the best equipment you can so far, the goblins tend to drop quite a bit of iron and bronze equipment which can be combined to make hagane which is much stronger than either bronze or iron, id also say if you havent ... repair your equipment and use instill to refill your pp gauge for your weapons. if your taking too much damage id definatley recommend equipping a shield the defense boost it gives you far outweighs the 2-3 attackpower boost you'll get using 2 handed weapons

Hence, me hoofing it back to the second workshop (BTW, bad design there when I have to backtrack to get weapons for a bossfight) creating a blunt object because getting around the boss to get to the weak part was suicide.

And frankly, I haven't seen a training dummy since the wine cellar.

TheSeks said:
Hence, me hoofing it back to the second workshop (BTW, bad design there when I have to backtrack to get weapons for a bossfight) creating a blunt object because getting around the boss to get to the weak part was suicide.

And frankly, I haven't seen a training dummy since the wine cellar.

It is not bad design, it is pro-active. Pay attention, experiment, overcome, succeed.

"Around" is the wrong preposition for VS's dragon fights. Under is the correct one.

Also, the added factors to combat provide extra opportunities to gain advantage on one's enemies, the truest and only reason to add complexity to a combat system.

Top Bottom