• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unpopular opinion thread

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
You should really use some bullet points to help readability.
done just for you xoxo

I wish I had a Star Wars hot take, but I've got a pretty typical alignment there. My top 5 are IV, VI, V, Solo, Rogue One, so like, the OT + the films appealing to OT fans. I hate The Last Jedi, enjoyed The Force Awakens but saw its flaws, and think all three prequels are pretty garbage. Anyone feeling the heat? No? Anyone?

brap

Banned
I hate lord of the rings and Harry Potter mainly because of their stupid names for things. Bilbo? Hufflepuff? Fuck off with that shit.
Spotted the mudblood!

I like the short hair look on women

Like the chick from Deadpool

e3df52e71fab0fbad3cbcd215915b612.jpg

Yes Please
Tattoos on feet are literally the worst

Nymphae

Banned
Women wearing yoga pants and gym gear as regular clothing.
main-qimg-4e8a6e2638bd48df61b19b49f9ce1157.webp

It doesn't look good.

I thought you were going to say something like "we don't need to see it all day everyday in every type of social situation imaginable", which I can agree with, but...you don't like ass or what?

Breakage

I thought you were going to say something like "we don't need to see it all day everyday in every type of social situation imaginable", which I can agree with, but...you don't like ass or what?
Well I like a woman with a good body, but I'm not a fan of the “thicc” huge butt look. I just think the yoga/gym gear fashion looks cheap and tacky when it is worn as everyday clothing.

Ownage

Social justice warriors need to get beat the fuck up and put in place.

If you want to get rich, the fastest ways are likely less ethical or legal. Deal with it, dont fucking get caught and youll do fine.

Star Wars blows.

The new Picard will not be as good as TNG. Leave what's done and done well in the past.

Everyone needs to spend a few years outside of their homeland to learn how the world really works.

Dont take life so seriously. Life goes by too fast. Enjoy everything and have as little remorse as possible.

Last edited:
8ElAST8.gif

The World's grossly over populated as it is, and heading towards environmental catastrophe as a result. I realise youlive in a post-apoc wasteland already Max, but for the rest of us it's a matter of concern.

Yeah, it's no longer obligatory for people to have children, there's enough people as is.

It's fine if people have kids, but it's also fine to not have them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They show GOT in pubs now? What the fuck?

It's hard to watch.

I know, I know, oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg. I just can't imagine having to physically be in a room with these people while I tried to watch a TV show. Then again, I'm not American, we don't clap at screens in England unless the footy's on

Last edited:
It's hard to watch.

I know, I know, oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg. I just can't imagine having to physically be in a room with these people while I tried to watch a TV show. Then again, I'm not American, we don't clap at screens in England unless the footy's on

So cringe. Why can't people just sit and watch & enjoy something with any grace?

This culture of contrived, hyper school girl "I'm filming myself reacting" to shit drives me insane.

And what's worse is that people watch people watch or "react" to things in the thousands. It's the reason why the link you shared even exists.

Alfen Dave

Social justice warriors need to get beat the fuck up and put in place.

If you want to get rich, the fastest ways are likely less ethical or legal. Deal with it, dont fucking get caught and youll do fine.

Star Wars blows.

The new Picard will not be as good as TNG. Leave what's done and done well in the past.

Everyone needs to spend a few years outside of their homeland to learn how the world really works.

Dont take life so seriously. Life goes by too fast. Enjoy everything and have as little remorse as possible.

I agree with pretty much everything here.

For a fact, I hate the ''work hard and youll get rich bullbull'', I prefer ''work SMART and do things your way and you might get rich''

Star Wars is overrated shit, agreed upon.

Living in foreign land and learning another language is definite IQ hi-launcher.

Last point is good but very difficult to actually apply.

Shelbutt

If someone tells you that they don't speak to their parents anymore, due to abuse / etc, you're a shit person if you respond with something like "well you should just get over it they're your parents" or saying you should still love them because they gave birth to you.

Thurible

I hate having feelings of biological passion. It grows stronger as time passes by and that kind of scares me.

I also don't like popcorn. Popcorn always got stuck in my teeth when I had braces. Also, I have an irrational disgust for popcorn on the floor. When I see popcorn or cereal and other loose material on the floor I want to gag.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
NOT everything created by man is art.

there used to be standards. people had to spend years studying the old masters. then one day Duchamp signed a toilet and put it in a gallery and forever the distinction between high and low was severed.

sadly, people took him too literally, so now we have endless rivers of shit people hold up as art because they get paid to talk about it.

our culture suffers.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Here's one: being happy that you have a day off is high-key wack because that's a full 8 hours not being paid. In other words, I would rather be working than take a day off.

lock2k

Banned
It's hard to watch.

This fad arrived in Brazil too. It's so cringy it makes a Milli Vannili video look like nouvelle vague.

nush

Gold Member
Here's one: being happy that you have a day off is high-key wack because that's a full 8 hours not being paid. In other words, I would rather be working than take a day off.
Only if your paid by the hour and not salaried.

Last edited:
Figured we have one in gaming so why not here. Leave politics out of it.

Nirvana fucking sucked. One of the shittiest popular bands of all time.
Old west coast hip hop is cringe.
Modern horror movies are worthless garbage.
By the way is that takishi 69 guy in your avatar ?:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I_D

I would deport all illegals just for the improved traffic.
If better traffic is the goal, we should deport all teenagers and old people (and drivers of black SUVs and other various cop-looking cars). :messenger_winking:

Passive aggressiveness should be a crime.
I mean... you know... I guess...

My contribution:
"Thicc" people are just lesser fat people who have somehow found social acceptance.
(Speaking as an above-average-weight person)

spectyre

I don't know. I work so I can afford to do the things I want to do. I take days off to do the things I want to do. And who the hell only works 8 hour days?

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I don't know. I work so I can afford to do the things I want to do. I take days off to do the things I want to do. And who the hell only works 8 hour days?

But I mean the people who are like, "ayyyyy I'm off work today fucc dem #FreeDay #LivinLife." Vacation days are different. Plus, you can get paid out if you don't take them in some circumstances. Time is money.

And lol well, MY work day is 8 hours... these days. Back in November I was working 11 hour days which isn't bad but it was a different situation.

Top Bottom