• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unpopular opinion thread

Gargus

Banned
Nintendo is a mediocre company full of no ideas beyond just rehashing and reusing the same old games and characters over and over again.

Hudson hawk is a good movie that makes me laugh.

Having children sucks and something I haven't done in my 43 years of life and will never do.

Worrying too much about insignificant things, getting upset over pointless shit, and worrying about what other people think is some of the dumbest things a person can do because one day you'll be dead and nothing you had done will matter anymore. You'll be a rotting bag of meat and be forgotten.

I never liked or been able to beat a grand theft auto game because I think they are boring with bad controls, lame ideas of what a adult game, and I think rockstar in general is talented but makes very uninteresting games.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Ghostbusters 2016 and I have no interest in the upcoming movie at all :messenger_confused:
And I say this as a long-time fan, a kid of the 80's who's seen both first movies one million times, collected the toys in his childhood and still has them proudly displayed in a vitrine shelf.

DESTROYA

Just finished watching all episodes of the Boys and wasn’t too impressed, sure the story premise is good but for a show about superheroes it sure lacked any action scenes.
Hell a episode of any superhero CW series has more action than the whole season of the Boys.....and that’s saying a lot because I’m generally not a fan of those series either.

bilderberg

Temple of Doom is as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade. I'm not sure if this is unpopular opinion but I have seen many people disliking it.

It's the best film in the whole series. It's the only one where Indy actually seems altruistic and accomplishes something meaningful. Sure it's dark, but I actually feel really good by the end of it. Seeing all the kids escaping and running back to their families after all the shit that film puts you through. And the last 40 minutes is just one amazing set piece after another.

Logan is not a good movie, I fell asleep in theaters watching it and woke up near the end like SW Episode 7
Nailpolish is the worst thing girls could ever get interested in and I have an unexplained disgust when I see it
I enjoyed the beginning of the movie. Up until they meet the little girl. I never bothered rewatching it.
I wish it had more logan and professor x.

you should attack the day with a kind of ferocity that puts you below the tribe in isolation with enough power to defend the tribe to the last man if necessary

steelman your enemies, only go for the jugular if they make things grossly interpersonal and then destroy them

don't eat sugar ever, eat tons of meat

work out like you're preparing to fight a polar bear, do it every day

pain is inevitable, suffering and death ~ there's nothing after death probably, don't be a pussy and try to deny it with weak willed and stupid ideas written by retards

don't join too many groups, don't join any if you can help it, that includes cliques and clans (keep some kind of tribe tho, family and friends seems best)

there's more but for w/e reason if i say some of this stuff aloud people get their jimmies rustled

GamingKaiju

Nothing and I mean nothing is lower than discussing politics at reset.

Reset is just so far left that is radicalising young impressionable minds with it's indoctrinates. If you are a white straight male that doesn't confirm to cis-gender pronouns then you are enemy, if you like trump's policies you are a racist, if you are pro-brexit or even accepting of the '16 referendum result you are a racist. Even centre left liberals are being called far/alt-right by reset.

Not to mention the dog piling, the dog piling is so extreme there for saying the smallest things. Honestly I'm so glad I moved back to Gaf at least I can discuss my opinions here without fear of the hive mentality dog pile, because that is what they are. They are parrots repeating the same mantra's they have no individualism just carbon copies of the same opinions it's almost like the body snatchers over there. That site should come with a warning.

They defend Antifa and call any else a fascist if you don't comply without realising that Antifa are the actual fascist's.

I hate TV shows. I want to see a finished story in once sitting. Not ten hours spread over several months.

"But, but, you can tell a better story in long form entertainment"

Bullshit. If you can't tell a compelling story in two hours or less, you are a bad storyteller.
I'm trying to imagine something like The Wire or Breaking Bad told in 2 hours or less and I just can't fathom it.

Otterz4Life

I hate TV shows. I want to see a finished story in once sitting. Not ten hours spread over several months.

Bullshit. If you can't tell a compelling story in two hours or less, you are a bad storyteller.
yes!thankyou.gif

brap

Banned
Or maybe you actually have kids.
These people don't have kids

3IyXYtL.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Meta unpopular opinion: Having an unpopular opinion just to be different, or to try to be cool, is ultimately the exact same thing as chasing and imitating popular opinion. You’re just basing your opinions on what other people like.

Having an unpopular opinion due to ignorance (the world is flat!) and bias, is equally eye-rolling.

The internet does that a lot, while patting themselves on the back for being rebels.

The best kinds of unpopular opinions are ones backed up with reasoning, and are usually enjoyable and insightful.

Last edited:
Women you are in a relationship with are only loving you until they get a child from you.
After that their love is going to the child, and you are in the role of the family supporter.

(this opinion was the reason I was permabanned for "misogyny" at Eeeera, by the way... Let's see how it fares here.. :D )

Last edited:

I'm looking at you "13 Reasons Why".
As a 30 year old man, teen drama's just bores the shite out of me these days, There's just nothing stimulating or interesting about what any of these characters have to say. Let alone sitting through 13 hours of this drivel. 26 if you combine both self indulgent seasons. Ugh.

Ok, this is a bomb:
I consider Nolan's Batman trilogy to be terrible, boring as hell, and combat is a shitload

Or, to be fair, except for Begins, but the other two...ugh

I found combat to be infinitely better even in Dc's Titans
If you put in account Batman literally IS combat, is one of the most important point in every of his incarnations
And Nolan never made me feel that Batman as an actual martial Arts master
It's a key aspect, no way
Also the suit is horrible, and I refuse to comment about the batmobile
Porta potty with tires?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
On a woman
Tights with a short dress or skirt is a must. There is something uncouth about bare legs.
Fat thighs (on skinny women) look better with tight jeans, pants and volleyball shorts than skirts or dresses.

Top Bottom