• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 198 Werdum vs. Miocic |OT| No hespect Werdum time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson MMA Reem won't do that. Lol

It depends on how confident Overeem is. I like him and with how he has been fighting so far, I can see him winning for a couple rounds until gets caught. We all know the strength of Overeem's chin and if he gets a couple of hits on that chin we know he's going down.

We have not seen Miocic's chin been tested to it's best effect. It would be a great fight imo ^_^

Heel

reem is deep breathing with wim hoff

im scared for the safety of the rest of the division, quite frankly

Now that he's able to normalize his pH, focusing between rounds to expel acidity, I don't believe he can be stopped.

Just came back from the Arena. Overall, it was a very good event for the Brazilian fans, save for Werdum. It was almost like Apollo Creed vs Ivan Drago, a great party before the fight and then...

pixelation

latest

lol!, my wish was granted!!! :)

pixelation

Did anyone catch Barbarena finting like he was going to do that flashy kick like Sage after he won?, and then he just went nah... and didn't do it?, i laughed. New Barbarena fan right here...

Fitts

Can't believe I missed this card because I was working on the house. Fuck me.

Jacare and Maia fights were predictable (still love ya, Matt) but happy for them. Give them their title shots.

Stipe vs Reem on deck. I bet the UFC is relieved they don't need to promote the Doom/Reem rematch because both fighters were shit in the first fight.

manfestival

Lol he's looked average when he fights guys his size that he can't bully, see Gus & OSP. He would get wrecked at HW

the gus fight was a war. It seems like most people have this lag if they havent fought in some time and I think that was affecting werdum here too like it has many other fighters. I mean look at khabib. Essentially the greatest fighter in the division but looked super rusty against some nobody until he got him on the ground where the guy had like 0 capability

Camwi

That KO was just nuts. Love seeing guys get KOed with such little windup in the punch.

Also, Brazil showing once again how they have the shittiest MMA crowds on the planet.

That KO was just nuts. Love seeing guys get KOed with such little windup in the punch.

Also, Brazil showing once again how they have the shittiest MMA crowds on the planet.
I remember a card once from Tennessee or something like that where it was an American vs Brazilian and the crowd was chanting USA! USA! and Rogan got all pissed and said how disrespectful it was and I could only think at least it's not 'You will die!'

SolidC213

It really is time for Jon Jones to move up and slay these cans already. HW division is a joke.

He won't do well against those HW "cans"

Best case scenario they give him a gatekeeper like Rothwell first which he should destroy and then a championship fight to get the PPV's which he COULD win. Then he would lose on his title defense right off the bat.

HW division never stays stable. Always a new champ with a max of 2 title defenses every now and then. Jones won't change that.

Lol he's looked average when he fights guys his size that he can't bully, see Gus & OSP. He would get wrecked at HW

I think he'd do fine. He wouldn't dominate the way he's done with LHW, the division is too volatile. Cormier mentioned how the thing that surprised him the most about Jones is how big and strong he is, and this is coming from a guy that fought at a high level against heavyweights.

They attacked Matt Brown on numerous occasions and scream you will die to the non-Brazillians.

No. Wrong. Some stupid MFs tried to hit him during his entrance, but it's not like that only happens in Brazil.

About the chant: it's just that, a chant, trying to destabilize the other fighter. It's a tradition from jj tournaments. Has someone died? Of course not.

JJD

They attacked Matt Brown on numerous occasions and scream you will die to the non-Brazillians.

Matt antagonized the audience at every chance he got from the moment he dropped out of the plane to when things escalated.

Not saying the audience isn't to blame, but Matt isn't innocent either.

People chanted "you will die" to Belfort too. This isn't something they do just to foreigners.

VoxPop

He won't do well against those HW "cans"

Best case scenario they give him a gatekeeper like Rothwell first which he should destroy and then a championship fight to get the PPV's which he COULD win. Then he would lose on his title defense right off the bat.

HW division never stays stable. Always a new champ with a max of 2 title defenses every now and then. Jones won't change that.

That's what they said about 205 and he massacred everyone in the division and pretty much broke the record for title defenses. Not saying he'll have the same success at HW but to say he can't be good in a weight class that has long been regarded as a joke, is kinda stupid. He's big, he's still young and he has the drive/talent. Can't say the same for anyone at HW aside from maybe .. yeah no one.

Camwi

No. Wrong. Some stupid MFs tried to hit him during his entrance, but it's not like that only happens in Brazil.

About the chant: it's just that, a chant, trying to destabilize the other fighter. It's a tradition from jj tournaments. Has someone died? Of course not.

1. I've never seen anyone get punched repeatedly and then grabbed on the way out to a fight before.

2. It's a stupid chant, and rather disrespectful, especially coming from a country that seems to pretend that "respect" is such an important aspect to them.

3. When they chant "faggot", is that just a silly chant to you, too?

Like I said, worst MMA fanbase on the entire planet. They should take a few lessons from the best MMA fanbase (Japan).

HW is a total different beast than LHW. Any tap on the chin can be lights out, which is the reason why it's so hard to get a decent streak going in that division. Jones might be able to withstand a few hard shots from Gus & Rumble, but Reem, JDS and Rothwell hit on a completely different level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom